Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Can Aurier play left back? United need quality there, and with Shaw and Rojo out, relying on Blind and Darmian is a disaster waiting to happen.

Gomes as the Perisic alternative ?

I see zero reason we would be interested in an average cm like Gomes. Obviously he's not an alternative for Perisic, are you confusing him with someone else? Calling bs on this one

I see zero reason we would be interested in an average cm like Gomes. Obviously he's not an alternative for Perisic, are you confusing him with someone else? Calling bs on this one
I doubt there's anything in the story. Barca most likely trying to shift him by using our name.

DI Maria alongside Suarez and Messi will be an absolute night mare for defences

DI Maria alongside Suarez and Messi will be an absolute night mare for defences

It would still be a downgrade on Neymar, not that I believe PSG would actually sell di Maria to Barcelona unless there was literally no other interest and they needed funds badly

200 million!!! fecking hell
Yeah it was reported a few pages back that Griezmann's release clause for this summer is €200M, before dropping back to €100M from January. A safety first approach from Atletico it would appear.

Last edited:
Duncan Castles reported Mourinho wanted a DM and another attacker. Didn't specifically mention a winger.
Aye, but Gomes, is under no circumstances an attacker.

Yeah it was reported a few pages back that Griezmann's release clause for this summer is €200M, before dropping back to €100M from January. A safety first approach from Atletico itbwoukd appear.
Ahh well that's better

Yeah it was reported a few pages back that Griezmann's release clause for this summer is €200M, before dropping back to €100M from January. A safety first approach from Atletico itbwoukd appear.
fecking hell that had me worried

That makes sense why we couldn't sign him. We probably bought with with Atletico's agreement which they looked out for the decision which unfortunately transfer ban hit them.

Why January specifically? Think we could really make a move to sign him during that month if Zlatan doesn't want to continue at the club or he feels he can't offer anything more after his recovery, which means we probably won't sign Bale at all even if there's a chance of it

Why January specifically? Think we could really make a move to sign him during that month if Zlatan doesn't want to continue at the club or he feels he can't offer anything more after his recovery, which means we probably won't sign Bale at all even if there's a chance of it
That's when Atletico's transfer ban lifts and they can buy and register players again.

Thankfully that guy doesn't know shit.

Well hes not the actual source its Mundo Deportivo. Gomes barely played last season, I think its just another case of us being linked to a Portuguese player because Jose is our manager.

Gomes has been garbage and the Spanish/Barca media are trying to do their best to generate some interest in him. Don't see any reason why we would be in for him.

He was bang on about Matic within 48hrs.
It's funny isn't it, I'm not too au fait with all these journo/twitter Di Marzipan type fellas but didn't this guy get one of the first interviews with Lukaku? I'm not saying he's anymore knowledgeable than the next person but people would rather believe complete strangers on here than someone who clearly has a degree of connection with the club/football people however tenuous that is.

He was bang on about Matic within 48hrs.

But everyone was reporting Matic was close. It's not as if that was a scoop. For someone who supposedly is ITK for United dealings he's rarely ever out in front reporting anything, always part of the pack when it comes to reporting. Matic signing sometime this week was widely reported by pretty much everyone by the time he posted the Tweet you're referring to.

He seems one of a number of second tier journalists who rarely break news but just chime in once others already have, claiming to have the inside story. Often using that old trick of adding snippets of largely unimportant, yet impossible to disprove, detail that really add nothing to the story but to convey a sense that he knows what he's talking about.

Real journalist: 'Breaking: Madonna will go to Ikea sometime early this week'

Later on..

Hanger-on ITK: 'Breaking: Expect Madonna at Ikea at some point in next 48 hours, she really wanted to go to Argos but has been persuaded"

....Madonna goes to Ikea: "OMG THE HANGER-ON ITK KNOWS HIS BEANS!!"

I've nothing against the guy but this is pretty much what he does.

Gomes as the Perisic alternative ?

Gomes? As in the Barcelona player? Such an odd rumour I was wracking my brains to remember what Gomes it was.

And yeah if anyone offers money for that Gomes Barcelona will quite happily cash in. Sounds more like his agent messing around again though.

Di Maria to Barcelona I could see happening.

Neymar left training 30 mins after arriving without practicing? PSG close. Says something like that.

But everyone was reporting Matic was close. It's not as if that was a scoop. For someone who supposedly is ITK for United dealings he's rarely ever out in front reporting anything, always part of the pack when it comes to reporting. Matic signing sometime this week was widely reported by pretty much everyone by the time he posted the Tweet you're referring to.

He seems one of a number of second tier journalists who rarely break news but just chime in once others already have, claiming to have the inside story. Often using that old trick of adding snippets of largely unimportant, yet impossible to disprove, detail that really add nothing to the story but to convey a sense that he knows what he's talking about.

Later on..

Hanger-on ITK: 'Breaking: Expect Madonna at Ikea at some point in next 48 hours, she really wanted to go to Argos but has been persuaded"

Spot on. And you've actually been quite generous there.

Later on..

Aye, essentially this.