Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

If we manage to get in a midfielder, who's strong in the air, I think Jose would let go of Fellaini.

No doubt Jose gets frustrated looking at Fellaini lose possession through sloppy passing and give away cheap free kicks, just as we fans do.

Would imagine him being able to land a sweeter gig than Galatasaray.

Would be very good for the right mid-table club in the PL, just like he was for Everton.

Selling fellaini would be the equivalent of getting a world class player for me

Quite simply, there's no possibility of Jose sanctioning the sale of Fellaini without two new midfielders coming in, and the club doesn't seem willingly to spend the kind of money it would take to bring two quality midfielders this summer. The way the summer is progressing, we'll be lucky if one midfielder arrives. This is a non-starter.

The only reason people are mentioning Dendonkcer is because supposedly a Utd scout was at the Anderlecht game, as were about 50 other scouts. Would be too much of a step up, Anderlecht -> Utd / Premier League. Would be best for him to take a smaller step as Tielemans, by going to a league like France.

The only reason people are mentioning Dendonkcer is because supposedly a Utd scout was at the Anderlecht game, as were about 50 other scouts. Would be too much of a step up, Anderlecht -> Utd / Premier League. Would be best for him to take a smaller step as Tielemans, by going to a league like France.

He could do well here as backup to Matic which is why I mentioned both

He's a great asset to have and Jose knows how to utilise him best. I must be in the minority that wouldn't be fussed if he stays as every time he puts on the shirt he gives 100%. He's not the most tidy player but he's effective in the right situation.

You guys are being crazy. Fellaini was good for us in the majority of his play time last season. And we are very light in midfield. We need to enforce our midfield before thinking of selling him.

Glady do both, we also have Pereira to come in

I like Fellaini, but I would only believe it when Ed has signed at least two more midfielders to replace his height and experience.

I am baffled by the amount of undeserved hate Fellaini gets on here.

He's a great asset to have and Jose knows how to utilise him best. I must be in the minority that wouldn't be fussed if he stays as every time he puts on the shirt he gives 100%. He's not the most tidy player but he's effective in the right situation.

You are not alone.

I like Fellaini, but I would only believe it when Ed has signed at least two more midfielders to replace his height and experience.

Completely this. Especially if we do go with Lindelof as a starter, having massive fears he's not particularly strong in the air.

I'd happily let him go. I'd be extremely surprised if it did happen, though.

That's bullshit. The word genius cannot be used to describe a man who requires a team of world class players in order to achieve anything. The man isn't fit to lace the boots of truly great managers like Ferguson, Clough, and Shankly. Guardiola is the biggest fraud in football today.

Harsh, he seems a good manager but he is over hyped way too soon with supposed genius tactics 90% of which are nothing new at all and having the best side in the league at his disposal at each club he has been at and a large chequebook.

I think he is a very good manager but certainly way too early to say a great one and man management wise he certainly seems nowhere even close to some of the other names you have mentioned of course.

No thanks, Europa League final was a 9/10 performance, would keep in the squad. We're not well stocked enough in that area too.

Don't want to derail this thread, again. But, without his contribution, we could've been without trophies last season. Still, not United quality.

this is such a weird argument, if fellaini wasn't there its not like we would have played the games with 10 players.

all players contributed, doesn't mean we couldn't have done what we did with other players, especially better ones, and fellaini isn't exactly the best around. i'd argue he's actually an hindrance.

Really can't believe we're going to without another CM before bringing in reinforcements. Just can't see Jose trusting Pereira with so much PT, nor do I expect Axel, TFM, or even Blind to fill that slot. If Fellaini goes, then another signing or 2 is just about done.