Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Why would PSG need to offer Di Maria in part exchange for Neymar if they meet his release caluse of £196m?

Barcelona would be powerless to oppose the deal.
To avoid paying massive taxes since french authorities will consider the release clause as a signing bonus for neymar

To avoid paying massive taxes since french authorities will consider the release clause as a signing bonus for neymar
What ? I thought that rule about the spanish release clauses had changed and now the clubs can pay it too and it doesnt have to come through the player.

The United transfer related tweets seems to have stopped, i get the impression the list of players given by Mourinho to Woody might have been limited to a handful of players and that we don't have the level of scouting in place to go beyond that.

I have a feeling Walker would be tried at CB if they dont get 1 more defender. The Danilo transfer too makes sense that way.
I was going to say that's stupid, but this is Pep we're dealing with.

Stil find it funny he had Clichy and Sagna playing some quasi full back / defensive midfield role.

What ? I thought that rule about the spanish release clauses had changed and now the clubs can pay it too and it doesnt have to come through the player.
So far as the Spanish authorities are concerned, yes. It appears the French have not got the memo

Neymar to teammates: "I'm going to PSG". Barca would then match the €100m release clause for Griezmann.

Neymar to teammates: "I'm going to PSG". Barca would then match the €100m release clause for Griezmann.

Surely that makes no sense? Griezmann refused to leave earlier in the summer due to Atletico's transfer ban, so why should he move now?

So far as the Spanish authorities are concerned, yes. It appears the French have not got the memo
The change from the Spanish authorities is that triggering the release clause is now considered as a capital gain instead of a bonus payment from your employer.

It isn't taxable in England or Germany but I wouldn't be surprised if it was different in France. We love to make things complicated.

The United transfer related tweets seems to have stopped, i get the impression the list of players given by Mourinho to Woody might have been limited to a handful of players and that we don't have the level of scouting in place to go beyond that.

Mourinho is still expecting 1 or 2 more signings. I would rather the tweets dry up than us chasing Ronaldo, Asencio, Neymar, and then Lewandowski each week. Woody has learned how to operate in the market, and he will deliver at least 1 more target.

Imagine the caf if Griezmann said yes to Barca. :lol:

This whole thing might have been on the cards for a while. Perhaps that's really why he stayed. To wait for a Barca move?

This whole thing might have been on the cards for a while. Perhaps that's really why he stayed. To wait for a Barca move?
Or, because Atletico have a transfer ban and he didn't want to leave them in the shit. Neymar and Griezmann don't even play the same position, it's lazy journalism.

He has taken the term "buying your way to success" literally. Since he's come in, he has bought 2 GKs, 1 LB, 2 RBs, 1 CB, 1 CM, 1 ST, 1 LW, 1 RW

Ederson
Walker---Stones----CB----Mendy
CM---Gundogan
Bernardo---CAM----Sane
Jesus
Just three more and he'll have a brand new team. And I haven't even included Danilo and Bravo.

Pep Guardiola - The Genius Manager who needs to buy an whole team to win something.

It has always seemed clear that Barcelona would be his favorite destination, the only problem was that they didn't had an opening on their first eleven, now they have one so...

Pep's genius lies in the way he uses the players when he has the kind he wants. He was never a huge groomer of young talent. Caf is way too cruel to him though. No one will care how much he spent if he makes it work.

I have a sneaky feeling that if Barca really wanted him, Griez would abandon Atleti..

If they were to go for him we would surely trigger the clause too......right?
You can trigger the clause but it's up to the player to decide if he wants to go or not.

If they were to go for him we would surely trigger the clause too......right?

If Barcelona trigger his release clause it will be because his agent had assured them that he'd sign.

No point us getting involved.

Assuming this is true, surely we would be better placed to also trigger the clause and make it a 2-way battle? With Agent Pogba also in the mix, have to hope we'd be better-placed if he were indeed to decide to move this window...

For what it's worth, don't think AG will move this window. Would look like too much of a twat to the Atleti support - specially if he were to move within La Liga...

People need to relax. Barca have been linked to Coutinho, Dybala and now Griezmann in just 2 days time. They are panicking and doing all this to save face. Or it's just the media making up stories.

Griezmann won't move to barca at least this transfer window after signing a new improved contract. Also they might be looking for someone similar to Neymar (if he leaves) as a wide forward or winger type in Dembele or coutinho.

Pep's genius lies in the way he uses the players when he has the kind he wants. He was never a huge groomer of young talent. Caf is way too cruel to him though. No one will care how much he spent if he makes it work.

Finally, a rational answer to the reason as to why he has the genius tag. The cafe can be so short-sighted when it comes to analysing Pep. Just attack the "genius" tag without as much as a knowledge as to why he got that tag on the first place.

If Madrid are transfer banned how is that his fault?
Well they can still sell players, just not register once bought. So his advisor must have wanted Griezmann to join us regardless.
Probably because right now moving to Barca or PSG is considerably preferable to ourselves.
Barca yes sure, but PSG is questionable. Also, that's not the point as Griezmann stayed due to Atletico's transfer ban as opposed to the clubs after him.