Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

One of his most trusted players? You can trust he will absolutely stink up all of our matches. Cannot understand what anyone sees in him. The odd decent back-post header does not make him a trustworthy player. We'd have been much better off keeping Fletcher or even fecking Cleverley.
Pure shite. He clearly is trusted by José Mourinho, he performed better than Fletcher and Cleverley last season and when all were at the club.

The standard fans are willing to tolerate has just dropped to an embarrassing level. Useful isn't good enough! He's a fecking donkey.

A donkey who was more important for the team than half our first team players last year, if not more.

Who says he is?
Well that article I was responding to suggested that Barca were going to pay out Griezmann's release clause. I'd presume that if they were paying it out, it'd be because Griezmann had prior agreed to a transfer there.

Absolute garbage. You just go with what the cool kids say. Jose likes him good enough for me
Nope I just remember the days when we had players like Scholes. Fellaini can be useful I agree but seeing the back of him would be a huge step forward. He is such a poor footballer.

Nope I just remember the days when we had players like Scholes. Fellaini can be useful I agree but seeing the back of him would be a huge step forward. He is such a poor footballer.
We had other players like fletcher at a time when scholes was around that proved to be useful you know.

We had other players like fletcher at a time when scholes was around that proved to be useful you know.

Comparing Fletcher who was instrumental in a lot of seasons, especially the season where he missed the Champions League final, to the likes of Fellaini is doing a huge disservice to the achievements of Fletcher and in my opinion disrespectful to Fletcher.

Well that article I was responding to suggested that Barca were going to pay out Griezmann's release clause. I'd presume that if they were paying it out, it'd be because Griezmann had prior agreed to a transfer there.

Griezmann won't leave Atletico this summer. Which means Barca will likely be looking to the PL to poach someone - Coutinho, Dele Alli, Sanchez, any one of them. If they do find a replacement of that calibre, they won't come for Griezmann in the summer which would leave us a clear path to him.

Scholes really? Fair comparison of course. I seem to remember a "donkey" called O"Shea who played in same team as Scholesy and he did alright.

You sure its not because he looks silly and a lot of the fan base cant get over the fact he wasnt Thiago Alcantara? I see a good squad player who tries his hardest and scored some important goals for us and a top coach seems to agree. But no lets call him a donkey instead.

Stupid point when Fletcher is another example of a player 10x better than Fellaini.
10x better? Don't think so, but each to their own. During his early years he was slated. The guy chose scholes, I was pointing out that every player we had wasn't at that level, we had other players who were valuable squad players. Fletcher really only became a first team player the year he couldn't play the cl final, up until then he was used as a squad player. It wasn't a stupid point, but everyone has their opinion so meh

Scholes really? Fair comparison of course. I seem to remember a "donkey" called O"Shea who played in same team as Scholesy and he did alright.

You sure its not because he looks silly and a lot of the fan base cant get over the fact he wasnt Thiago Alcantara? I see a good squad player who tries his hardest and scored some important goals for us and a top coach seems to agree. But no lets call him a donkey instead.
O'Shea was also a better footballer. You're not getting past the fact he is not and never has been a Manchester Utd player. Donkey is a bit harsh as you're right he tries hard but he simply isn't good enough.

10x better? Don't think so, but each to their own. During his early years he was slated. The guy chose scholes, I was pointing out that every player we had wasn't at that level, we had other players who were valuable squad players. Fletcher really only became a first team player the year he couldn't play the cl final, up until then he was used as a squad player. It wasn't a stupid point, but everyone has their opinion so meh

Fletcher was going to some of the biggest stadiums in Europe (our direct rivals) and putting in man of the match performances. For a period of 18 months there was only a handful of central midfielders in the league performing at his level, and the only reason that came to an end was a debilitating condition. Fellaini isn't in the same conversation.

Fletcher was going to some of the biggest stadiums in Europe (our direct rivals) and putting in man of the match performances. For a period of 18 months there was only a handful of central midfielders in the league performing at his level, and the only reason that came to an end was a debilitating condition. Fellaini isn't in the same conversation.
I'm not saying he is better than fletcher ffs. Jesus Christ. Also, you have just pulled that stat out your arse

I'm not saying he is better than fletcher ffs. Jesus Christ. Also, you have just pulled that stat out your arse

Well what sort of point are you trying to make? Because it looks to me like you're conflating the squad effectiveness of the two players.

What statistic? I'm making an observation (an accurate one) that Fletcher was up there with the best of them for a good 18 months - which he was.

Well what sort of point are you trying to make? Because it looks to me like you're conflating the squad effectiveness of the two players.

What statistic? I'm making an observation (an accurate one) that Fletcher was up there with the best of them for a good 18 months - which he was.
My point was that fellaini is a valuable squad player. Like fletcher was during the years of hate. Yes fletcher came good, and established himself for a season (not 18 months imo), but that doesn't change the fact he was a valuable squad player for more years than a regular

Anderlecht's sporting director on Dendoncker
“We want to cherish him, but if a club is willing to pay between €25million and €35m, we have a problem.”

Last edited:
Very decent the price their sporting director is mentioning in that article, between 25-35m euros.

These days that is no more than a mere punt on a potential first teamer.

One of his most trusted players? You can trust he will absolutely stink up all of our matches. Cannot understand what anyone sees in him. The odd decent back-post header does not make him a trustworthy player. We'd have been much better off keeping Fletcher or even fecking Cleverley.

Fellaini proved his value last year for a place in the squad until we get better. I'm curious as I think Lingard is poor how do you view him?

Mourinho would have scouted him heavily before we played them. If he's not on our list, there'll be a reason. If he is, the deal should be straightforward.

He's a great asset to have and Jose knows how to utilise him best. I must be in the minority that wouldn't be fussed if he stays as every time he puts on the shirt he gives 100%. He's not the most tidy player but he's effective in the right situation.
I agree.

Fletcher seemed to become a better and better player the more he wasn't available, and I swear to this day people still overblow his level.