Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Isn't it though? If PSG paid Barcelona £1m a year for 200 years that's surely fine isn't it? I realise that's an extreme example. And regardless I don't actually know much about FFP.
No.

It's contract amount divided by contract length. the terms of payment are largely irrelevant. It's basically just amortising the contract over its life.

Spurs are going to struggle to keep Alderwerield if he wants big wages. I imagine a lot of top teams across Europe would be in for him.

Pep's genius lies in the way he uses the players when he has the kind he wants. He was never a huge groomer of young talent. Caf is way too cruel to him though. No one will care how much he spent if he makes it work.
Messi, Xavi, Iniesta in their prime. Even i could have won things with those players.

Spurs are going to struggle to keep Alderwerield if he wants big wages. I imagine a lot of top teams across Europe would be in for him.
I'd take him. Swap with Smalling/Jones and cash.

I told you guys a couple days ago that Griezmann to Barca would now be on the cards. The Neymar transfer is a disaster for United.

With the optional extension of his current contract - an extension that's at the club's discretion - his contract would have another 3 years to run. So nothing is going to happen this summer transfer-wise.

Barca yes sure, but PSG is questionable. Also, that's not the point as Griezmann stayed due to Atletico's transfer ban as opposed to the clubs after him.

Except the unfortunate fact is that if were to the join any other club, this would be the salient point, as it would prove all this time he was full of shit and just waiting for what he felt was a better offer.

Pep's genius lies in the way he uses the players when he has the kind he wants. He was never a huge groomer of young talent. Caf is way too cruel to him though. No one will care how much he spent if he makes it work.

You don't go and buy an whole team to do that, if he is such a genius why can't he use the players which he has/had and win something.

That's bullshit. The word genius cannot be used to describe a man who requires a team of world class players in order to achieve anything. The man isn't fit to lace the boots of truly great managers like Ferguson, Clough, and Shankly. Guardiola is the biggest fraud in football today.

If that is true we must be looking to bring in two midfielders.

Pogba, Herrera, Perreira, Carrick not enough at all.

We should be in for him if he's being sold (which I doubt). Best cb in the Premier League. He and Bailly would be an incredible partnership

Fellaini leaving was always a strange possibility, due to his contract situation of course. Jose seems to rate him, but with his deal expiring this summer, he was only offered an extra 12 months. Football logic would suggest it was to preserve some value and sell this year, however, all appearances indicate he's a key part of the plans. Still, he should have gotten a longer deal if that were the case.

Even if we sold Fellaini and Matic came in, that leaves us with: Pogba, Herrera, Pereira, Matic, Carrick, Scott McTominay and Tuanzebe?
Matic and Dendoncker would be ideal.

Isn't his contract up next summer? Selling him before he can negotiate with other clubs for a free transfer would make a lot of sense.