Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

excuse in my opinion. The squad is good enough to finish top 4 and mourinho is the one that hasn't been good enough. He will try to deflect but our wage bill is the biggest in the world or close, he has had two windows, don't be distracted in my opinion
Carrick has been in decline since Ferguson retired. Fellaini has been on par with Fellaini since Moyes had him at Everton. I'll concede he's shown improvement even since his last season under LVG. Lingard is a good squad player but nothing more. Is not a weekly starter. Jury is still out on whether Martial will return to his first season form. Jose doesn't set players wages. That's on Ed. High wages doesn't guarantee the player will meet expectations either. I'm not making excuses for Jose. He's definitely responsible for our tactics and methods. I'm just saying, with the quality of some of our players, were asking a lot if we need to rely on them during an injury crisis to our starters. Look at last season. We had multiple chances to finish 3rd or 4th by other teams feckups but we didn't capitalize with having to rely on those same players. We have a good core but need to add more quality in depth. We're going to have a lot of games again this season. CL will have harder competition.

It looks like a deal for Perisic, a player we could use is now dead. Matic, another player we could use has gone quiet. The majority may not want these players but look at our alternatives if we don't sign anyone in those positions.

Yes I do. When you consider two thirds of our starting midfield is quicker than 90% of thier counterparts in England and in Europe I would consider it quick. To describe them as sluggish is embarrassingly misinformed.

Still, I stopped reading your verbose post at your obtuse description of Herrera. Though when you can't get the price or age of a potential acquisition correct then your ignorant analysis of his ability is hardly a revelation. It doesn't take much to see our transformation when he is on the pitch as opposed to when is is not. And when you consider his masterful performances against top opposition for both us and Bilbao, the justified praise hes getting from the media, fans and oppositon supporters along with the rumoured interest of one of the best sides in the world your opinion seems more incredulous by the word.

Don't bother replying, you've already demonstrated the integrity of your opinion of Matic with your dishonest description of his age and price tag that it makes further reading pointless. I recommend a shot two of whiskey, it might burn away the taste of bullshit still lingering on your tongue.

Whilst not agreeing with @William_Meredith on Matic I believe he has a good point about Herrera. Many are blinded about his short comings although at the moment he is the least of our problems. Anyhow not getting into this slinging shit stuff about each other so will leave it here guys/girls. I hope we sign Matic I think he would do a great job for us in a position we lack badly. I would be just as happy with N'Zonzi though either or for me.

On a balance sheet the initial cost of the fixed asset would be included and depreciation written off over the time of the assets life
On the balance sheet yes but on the Income Statement (which should be the relavent one for FFP the depreciation will appear which is the charge of the asset for that particular year).

Carrick has been in decline since Ferguson retired. Fellaini has been on par with Fellaini since Moyes had him at Everton. I'll concede he's shown improvement even since his last season under LVG. Lingard is a good squad player but nothing more. Is not a weekly starter. Jury is still out on whether Martial will return to his first season form. Jose doesn't set players wages. That's on Ed. High wages doesn't guarantee the player will meet expectations either. I'm not making excuses for Jose. He's definitely responsible for our tactics and methods. I'm just saying, with the quality of some of our players, were asking a lot if we need to rely on them during an injury crisis to our starters. Look at last season. We had multiple chances to finish 3rd or 4th by other teams feckups but we didn't capitalize with having to rely on those same players. We have a good core but need to add more quality in depth. We're going to have a lot of games again this season. CL will have harder competition.

It looks like a deal for Perisic, a player we could use is now dead. Matic, another player we could use has gone quiet. The majority may not want these players but look at our alternatives if we don't sign anyone in those positions.
People are against those deals because of the financial outlays expected in the context of the players' age and quality particularly on Perisic. If both come at those costs and we have to replace them in three years time with zero resale value would you consider such an approach sustainable? There is a good reason why the Glazers have refused to sanction such deals even when they were happy to spend more on Martial who had just half a season of first team football behind him.

People are against those deals because of the financial outlays expected in the context of the players' age and quality particularly on Perisic. If both come at those costs and we have to replace them in three years time with zero resale value wiuld you consider such an approach sustainable? There is a good reason why the Glazers have refused to sanction such deals even when they were happy to spend more on Martial who had just half a season of first team football behind him.

excuse in my opinion. The squad is good enough to finish top 4 and mourinho is the one that hasn't been good enough. He will try to deflect but our wage bill is the biggest in the world or close, he has had two windows, don't be distracted in my opinion
You may need to check & update that than throwing that tiresome cliche. We have since offload some useless big earners. We may still be among the big earner. Remember that quite some of those big earner were Mourinho's predecessors doing. Why place blame on Mourinho for the undeserved wage Moyes & LVG gave to those players? Would you be happy to move in you newly purchase house & you're forced to pay for all the unpaid of the former la lord, on top of your mortgage?

What's this top 4 argument? Would anyone exchange the EL trophy with CL qualification & spot 2 seeding for 2nd , 3rd, 4th? None of the Poch, Pep, Klopp, Wenger Mourinho were good enough for not being able to mount a title challenge, I can give you that. Not good enough as not making top 4 for only the EL trophy. Give me a break.

For the coming season, the squad needs to be strengthened by some incoming transfer & players are also expected to step up. The expectation should be a title challenging. Finishing even second the way Tottenham &a Arsenal did should be considered as disappointment.

People are against those deals because of the financial outlays expected in the context of the players' age and quality particularly on Perisic. If both come at those costs and we have to replace them in three years time with zero resale value wiuld you consider such an approach sustainable? There is a good reason why the Glazers have refused to sanction such deals even when they were happy to spend more on Martial who had just half a season of first team football behind him.
As it has been consistently reported from different sources like SAF, journalists... Glazers don't interfere in footballing side of thing. So it's all between Mourinho & Woodward to work out sanction of any deal.

Mourinho has good record of net spend. When he gets involved seems like he wants a proper deal & than crazy deal, which seems like our stance. If we're to return to the top in next 3 years. That's better than any reselling fee for Perisic. A team in good position, even outcast can gain better value. That's the big picture a big club should look at. Transfer fee may once day not increase at this crazy rate, but it likely never gets cheaper. Whether he can become a success is for debate of course.

If one half ass & without a clear plan, they may eventually end up as another Arsenal. Healthy financial & on theory can compete in transfer market, but in reality is in a weird situation where not outright selling clubs, but just a stepping stone club for young player for a phase in their career. Why? They don't go that extra mile agressively with the quick fix to aggressive challenge. They just waited for forever for some young talent to develop. Too bad some other players couldn't wait & moved on eventually with Arsenal stayed in a vicious cycle of plugging holes after holes.

Last edited:
Absolutely. He simply has to finish in the top 4 this season, if not better.

I think our wage bill proves we don't have value for money rather than proving the squad is good enough. I still think we need two proper wingers, a DM and a proper LB. Get rid of Young, Darmian and Fellaini at the same time.

The Matic who is 28 and played 35 of 38 league games for Chelsea last year, starting 30 and started the FA Cup final.

But on the Caf he's 30 and can't get in the Chelsea team. This place is amazing.
The main positive about Matic seems to be "he played a lot of games and Chelsea won the title". Which makes me wonder why we are not in for Danny Drinkwater or Danny Simpson at right back.

He has taken the term "buying your way to success" literally. Since he's come in, he has bought 2 GKs, 1 LB, 2 RBs, 1 CB, 1 CM, 1 ST, 1 LW, 1 RW

Ederson
Walker---Stones----CB----Mendy
CM---Gundogan
Bernardo---CAM----Sane
Jesus
Just three more and he'll have a brand new team. And I haven't even included Danilo and Bravo.

Why would PSG need to offer Di Maria in part exchange for Neymar if they meet his release caluse of £196m?

Barcelona would be powerless to oppose the deal.

He has taken the term "buying your way to success" literally. Since he's come in, he has bought 2 GKs, 1 LB, 2 RBs, 1 CB, 1 CM, 1 ST, 1 LW, 1 RW

Ederson
Walker---Stones----CB----Mendy
CM---Gundogan
Bernardo---CAM----Sane
Jesus
Just three more and he'll have a brand new team. And I haven't even included Danilo and Bravo.

I have a feeling Walker would be tried at CB if they dont get 1 more defender. The Danilo transfer too makes sense that way.

Did the Daily Fail mix up Euros and pounds again? PSG offers to pay an extra million pound over the release clause and add AdM? :lol:
It is possible that PSG may try to pay over the release clause to avoid the FFP. If they pay the clause it means that they have to pay everything in on piece. But making a deal with Barcelona means that they can divide the total sum on 3 or 4 years to avoid breaking the FFP.

It is possible that PSG may try to pay over the release clause to avoid the FFP. If they pay the clause it means that they have to pay everything in on piece. But making a deal with Barcelona means that they can divide the total sum on 3 or 4 years to avoid breaking the FFP.
That's not how FFP works though.

Doesn't matter how they make payment. Only two things to consider is the price of the player and he length of his contract.

They're releasing a statement nearly every day now about how much they don't want to sell this guy. Reeks of them realising they messed up, desperate for us to come back in with a bid over £40mill.
Wanted Keita as a replacement.

Juventus have stolen a march on that. Seems like Inter need the money to finance their dealings

That's not how FFP works though.

Doesn't matter how they make payment. Only two things to consider is the price of the player and he length of his contract.

Isn't it though? If PSG paid Barcelona £1m a year for 200 years that's surely fine isn't it? I realise that's an extreme example. And regardless I don't actually know much about FFP.

Why would PSG need to offer Di Maria in part exchange for Neymar if they meet his release caluse of £196m?

Barcelona would be powerless to oppose the deal.
Maybe it might suit all parties... Not that they have to, Barca have a hole to fill and maybe ADM would like a switch

He won two trophies and qualified for the Champion's League in his first season. What IS good enough?