Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

You mean for paying £30mil on a 26 year old Matic who's won more premier league medals than our entire attacking line combined?
Facts are not welcome, fact is that matic hasn't got a sexy name like Fabinho. Perisic is also not as good in 5 years time as Dembele on CM.

God, stop wittering. Matic is a player demonstrably in decline, so much so an opponent is happy to let him go, including the fans. United plainly require a dynamic and mobile defensive midfielder to control the tempo in a sluggish midfield, and Matic is not that player. Whether he's 28, 29, 30, he would be a bad signing, and that should be the focus of the discussion, not how much gold plated junk he has in his living room.

God, stop wittering. Matic is a player demonstrably in decline, so much so an opponent is happy to let him go, including the fans. United plainly require a dynamic and mobile defensive midfielder to control the tempo in a sluggish midfield, and Matic is not that player. Whether he's 28, 29, 30, he would be a bad signing, and that should be the focus of the discussion, not how much gold plated junk he has in his living room.
In a sluggish midfield? Herrera and Pogba are in that midfield! It seems you can't help but spew untruths. Are you just hoping everyone is shit faced on a Friday evening and they won't notice?

Who is this 26 year old Matic we're buying for 30m? Nemanja of Chelsea is almost 29.
He's the same player the poster I quoted made a year older and cost £10mil more. It wasn't a subtle joke...

Chelsea was very happy to let Costa go, too. Must mean he's a crap striker then.

Matic was one of the reasons chelsea won the League with mou the last time around. He will know how to utilize him. With 28 to 29 he has the perfect age as a readymade key player. He would be a superb signing and is proofen in the pl. We have enough young potentials we dont need enother unproven player from ligue 1 nobody really watched. Tranfertalk and esp talk of agents is building reputation for players - its insane. How someone can prefer an unprofen fabinho to a matic is ridicoulose. It seems as though transfer related things are mostly commented by football manager guys

In a sluggish midfield? Herrera and Pogba are in that midfield! It seems you can't help but spew untruths. Are you just hoping everyone is shit faced on a Friday evening and they won't notice?
Sorry you are not playing along with the narrative that Pogba is a waste of 89m and did nothing last year, and the Herrera is basically a shit Lucas Leiva.

We want Matic because Jose knows he can stick to a single role and cover for Pogba and Herrera who's biggest problems are a lack of concentration, which is usually covered for by their dynamism and athelticism.

He also prefers Perisic over for example Dembele because what he knows is that Dembele probably looks much better in that Dortmund side than he would anywhere else. Plus he doesnt do the same job that Jose would want, whether you agree or not Jose seems to want a line hugging winger that can cross a ball, currently none of Wide forwards are that style of player

He also prefers Perisic over for example Dembele because what he knows is that Dembele probably looks much better in that Dortmund side than he would anywhere else. Plus he doesnt do the same job that Jose would want, whether you agree or not Jose seems to want a line hugging winger that can cross a ball, currently none of Wide forwards are that style of player

Why would you say that? Dembele was outstanding for a crappy Rennes side. But, is probably moot because probably not really on the market this summer.

£27M for Mahrez? In current market he should cost at least 40-50 million. But it's always like this when your dealing with italians. A little bit surprise that they don't want to loan him with option to buy.

Thinking about it, wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Mahrez as our winger signing.

Sorry. Never owned on but their reputation is a bit meh.

I'm just parroting but from what I understand Lada are ugly and very basic but reliable. A bit like old Kamaz trucks.

I'm just parroting but from what I understand Lada are ugly and very basic but reliable. A bit like old Kamaz trucks.
Maybe we need some experts :) And if you are right someone just told me a porky.

I see, you appear to be under the misapprehension that a squad possessing TWO midfield players of moderate physical pace equates to quick and smooth transitions through that are of the field, am I correct? I just want to have the decency to ensure I accurately represent your position more so than you did mine.

Having done so, let me clarify my analysis of the United team at present. United have one of the best midfielders in the world in Paul Pogba, who is capable of controlling the tempo of the game, breaking up play and, when appropriate, driving forward to properly link defence and attack. He has NO proper foil. He is a Scholes without a Keane, a Charlton without a Nobby Stiles.

United's next best midfield player is Herrera. He too is a number 8, but of a fraction of the quality. A decent technician, who appears to have acquired a slightly embarrassing cult following usually reserved for lower to midtable sides because he wears a big smile and runs around the pitch like a blue-arsed fly.

Ander Herrerra is NOT good enough to command a starting place at a side with ambitions for League and and Champion's League success. While he does everything at a furious pace, he has no composure and feeble positioning and reading of the play. Everything he does is at a break-neck speed which often means conceding space and possession needlessly, and thus impetus. It means better transitions are forgone, preventing control and quicker, more potent, breaks.

Herrera, then, is a back-up to Pogba at best. One for the squad, but not first name on the team sheet. Which leaves the likes of Fellaini and Carrick as regular partners, and, that, frankly, is a world shy of good enough. Opposition cannot be pressed, and the ball cannot be moved even close to quickly enough to exploit space.

This, to any man who can see beyond the end of his own nose, is not a circumstance which can be remedied by Matic. A fairly one-paced individual in his pomp, 3 years ago, he is now substantially less influential, and when the present United manager needed some leadership and support in his final season at Chelsea, he looked overweight and disinterested. Hardly someone whom I would rely on to show some real leadership and drive in my midfield! And clearly this is an opinion Antonio Conte shares, and he is not satisfied to just allow Kante to carry him for another year.

I hope, as the twitteratti speculate, that he is no more than a smokescreen for a much better acquisition. Certainly it would be much to the merriment of opposition fans were the so-called 'biggest club in the world' to submit to presenting such a stodgy pudding of a player as the answer to their obvious midfield deficiencies. Certainly, you must have imbibed a little more than is healthy if you thought your glib defence of such an inadequate potential signing would pass muster anywhere on a public forum.

I recommend a glass or two of water and a swift retirement. Good evening.

Reactions: Sultan
Perisic tweets/news almost make me miss the good ol Gaitan rumors. I honestly just want Inter and Perisic to feck off

Perisic tweets/news almost make me miss the good ol Gaitan rumors. I honestly just want Inter and Perisic to feck off

True. All this nonsense is tolerable for a Pogba or a Bale, but for a bloke you'd expect to see at Everton it's very tiring.

I see, you appear to be under the misapprehension that a squad possessing TWO midfield players of moderate physical pace equates to quick and smooth transitions through that are of the field, am I correct? I just want to have the decency to ensure I accurately represent your position more so than you did mine.

Having done so, let me clarify my analysis of the United team at present. United have one of the best midfielders in the world in Paul Pogba, who is capable of controlling the tempo of the game, breaking up play and, when appropriate, driving forward to properly link defence and attack. He has NO proper foil. He is a Scholes without a Keane, a Charlton without a Nobby Stiles.

United's next best midfield player is Herrera. He too is a number 8, but of a fraction of the quality. A decent technician, who appears to have acquired a slightly embarrassing cult following usually reserved for lower to midtable sides because he wears a big smile and runs around the pitch like a blue-arsed fly.

Ander Herrerra is NOT good enough to command a starting place at a side with ambitions for League and and Champion's League success. While he does everything at a furious pace, he has no composure and feeble positioning and reading of the play. Everything he does is at a break-neck speed which often means conceding space and possession needlessly, and thus impetus. It means better transitions are forgone, preventing control and quicker, more potent, breaks.

Herrera, then, is a back-up to Pogba at best. One for the squad, but not first name on the team sheet. Which leaves the likes of Fellaini and Carrick as regular partners, and, that, frankly, is a world shy of good enough. Opposition cannot be pressed, and the ball cannot be moved even close to quickly enough to exploit space.

This, to any man who can see beyond the end of his own nose, is not a circumstance which can be remedied by Matic. A fairly one-paced individual in his pomp, 3 years ago, he is now substantially less influential, and when the present United manager needed some leadership and support in his final season at Chelsea, he looked overweight and disinterested. Hardly someone whom I would rely on to show some real leadership and drive in my midfield! And clearly this is an opinion Antonio Conte shares, and he is not satisfied to just allow Kante to carry him for another year.

I hope, as the twitteratti speculate, that he is no more than a smokescreen for a much better acquisition. Certainly it would be much to the merriment of opposition fans were the so-called 'biggest club in the world' to submit to presenting such a stodgy pudding of a player as the answer to their obvious midfield deficiencies. Certainly, you must have imbibed a little more than is healthy if you thought your glib defence of such an inadequate potential signing would pass muster anywhere on a public forum.

:lol:
And may i recommend a glass of wine for the breakdown.

Yes I do. When you consider two thirds of our starting midfield is quicker than 90% of thier counterparts in England and in Europe I would consider it quick. To describe them as sluggish is embarrassingly misinformed.

Still, I stopped reading your verbose post at your obtuse description of Herrera. Though when you can't get the price or age of a potential acquisition correct then your ignorant analysis of his ability is hardly a revelation. It doesn't take much to see our transformation when he is on the pitch as opposed to when is is not. And when you consider his masterful performances against top opposition for both us and Bilbao, the justified praise hes getting from the media, fans and oppositon supporters along with the rumoured interest of one of the best sides in the world your opinion seems more incredulous by the word.

Don't bother replying, you've already demonstrated the integrity of your opinion of Matic with your dishonest description of his age and price tag that it makes further reading pointless. I recommend a shot two of whiskey, it might burn away the taste of bullshit still lingering on your tongue.

Yes I do. When you consider two thirds of our starting midfield is quicker than 90% of thier counterparts in England and in Europe I would consider it quick. To describe them as sluggish is embarrassingly misinformed.

Still, I stopped reading your verbose post at your obtuse description of Herrera. Though when you can't get the price or age of a potential acquisition correct then your ignorant analysis of his ability is hardly a revelation. It doesn't take much to see our transformation when he is on the pitch as opposed to when is is not. And when you consider his masterful performances against top opposition for both us and Bilbao, the justified praise hes getting from the media, fans and oppositon supporters along with the rumoured interest of one of the best sides in the world your opinion seems more incredulous by the word.

Don't bother replying, you've already demonstrated the integrity of your opinion of Matic with your dishonest description of his age and price tag that it makes further reading pointless. I recommend a shot two of whiskey, it might burn away the taste of bullshit still lingering on your tongue.

"Tl;dr: I have no counter-points, but here are a couple of strawmen. Also, I too know adjectives, honest."

Go easy. His posting style may seem verbose, but it is simply the fact that Billy is posting from the Billiard room of his Gentleman's Club in 1932 - he is merely using the vernacular of his time.

Go easy. His posting style may seem verbose, but it is simply the fact that Billy is posting from the Billiard room of his Gentleman's Club in 1932 - he is merely using the vernacular of his time.
:lol: Brilliant.

£27M for Mahrez? In current market he should cost at least 40-50 million. But it's always like this when your dealing with italians. A little bit surprise that they don't want to loan him with option to buy.

Absolutely. Try buying one of their players.

Herrera signing is a great thing. Pogba Herrera Lukaku Mhikitarian Mata De Gea should be enough to finish 4th this year. Fans probably need to realise that if we don't it is mourinho under performing and not due to not spending 100m on some other player

Absolutely. Try buying one of their players.

They would put at least 50-60 million price tag to him. Mahrez should be more expensive than Perisic, imo. He's better and younger. I don't understand why there is no more PL clubs after him.

Herrera signing is a great thing. Pogba Herrera Lukaku Mhikitarian Mata De Gea should be enough to finish 4th this year. Fans probably need to realise that if we don't it is mourinho under performing and not due to not spending 100m on some other player
We're one injury away to any one of those players fecking up our season. We need depth. Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, and Martial are not good enough to carry the team for any length of games.

We're one injury away to any one of those players fecking up our season. We need depth. Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, and Martial are not good enough to carry the team for any length of games.
excuse in my opinion. The squad is good enough to finish top 4 and mourinho is the one that hasn't been good enough. He will try to deflect but our wage bill is the biggest in the world or close, he has had two windows, don't be distracted in my opinion

I hate this transfer window. I can't wait til the season starts and I can get on with my life and not check this thread every hour.

Cannot wait till the rumours appear about our alternative to Perisic who will no doubt be more exciting :drool::drool: