Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

AS is Real's paper mouthpiece or is it Marca? Why would they want to smear their own player like that?

There's definitely some sort of campaign going on here

Yeah it was discussed in the Bale thread. It was agreed that the first five or six words are right, just the last couple which were a bit unclear.

You can hear it in the video. He actually says "I can't buy you because you don't talk" but same difference. Or it could be "I can't buy you because you don't told me".
I didn't click on the video before, now I did, and don't understand it. Thank you for your answers. Don't really know how to feel about Bale, want him and at the same time, I don't.

Spanish law is that if a release clause is activated full fee must be paid upon completion
Yes, but it doesn't matter. On the books you write the total cost of the deal and divide it however you like. You don't have to write the actual installments as transfer fee for X player

Yes, but it doesn't matter. On the books you write the total cost of the deal and divide it however you like. You don't have to write the actual installments as transfer fee for X player

Pardon i don´t understand what you mean, for Barcelona to sell Neymar PSG has to meet his release clause in his contract upon completion of said deal Barcelona has to receive full amount into there account because of Spanish law the fee can´t be split into instalments. for example when the funny story appeared when they said our lawyers turned up with a huge suitcase full of money to pay Herrera´s release clause.

Pardon i don´t understand what you mean, for Barcelona to sell Neymar PSG has to meet his release clause in his contract upon completion of said deal Barcelona has to receive full amount into there account because of Spanish law the fee can´t be split into instalments. for example when the funny story appeared when they said our lawyers turned up with a huge suitcase full of money to pay Herrera´s release clause.

He's saying that you pay it upfront €220m, but you spread the cost of that out over whatever time period you want for your own accounts.

E.g. Lets say you sign Neymar to a 5 year contract even though you pay it up front you write off €44m a year for 5 years rather than entering it in the books as a one off payment of €220m.

He's saying that you pay it upfront €220m, but you spread the cost of that out over whatever time period you want for your own accounts.

E.g. Lets say you sign Neymar to a 5 year contract even though you pay it up front you write off €44m a year for 5 years rather than entering it in the books as a one off payment of €220m.

So how do you explain to your auditors what you spent the other 176million on now that it has gone from your bank account. What's the point as Neymar would be an asset

So how do you explain to your auditors what you spent the other 176million on now that it has gone from your bank account. What's the point as Neymar would be an asset
Basic accounting would tell you that a fixed asset's cost is spread over its useful life which in this case is the length of the player's contract.

10 days till the Super Cup and we dont seem to have improved a whole lot. For the first time, I am a little worried about this window.

10 days till the Super Cup and we dont seem to have improved a whole lot. For the first time, I am a little worried about this window.

Apparently everything is fine and Mourinho and the club are faultless, that's the party line according to many on here. The fact is right now we'll finish exactly where we did last year if we don't improve, and fast.

Apparently everything is fine and Mourinho and the club are faultless, that's the party line according to many on here. The fact is right now we'll finish exactly where we did last year if we don't improve, and fast.

No meltdown, just yet. Let's just hope we've got something up our sleeve.

Spalletti say Perisic deal is off.

Spalletti “Everybody knows there was a negotiation but [as far as I am concerned] Perisic’s move is off now. It is now complicated to replace him with another player and that’s why I will firmly go against his sale”.

Spalletti say Perisic deal is off.

Spalletti “Everybody knows there was a negotiation but [as far as I am concerned] Perisic’s move is off now. It is now complicated to replace him with another player and that’s why I will firmly go against his sale”.

Ahhh. Who said we never get any good tweets any more?

We now have a younger, more mobile center forward who has been one of the top three goalscorers in the EPL in the last five years.

We now have a talented new center back who, at the very least, provides us with some depth.

We now have a new midfield hot shot (Pereirra) who has been impressive and is desperate to make his mark.

We have Pogba, Miki and Bailly doing a full pre-season with us for the first time. Pogba has had no Euros to tire him out this time around. Watch that kid fire things up.

Martial is looking like going back to his old form. Rashford has been dining with and playing like Ronaldinho (lol). Lingard has been impressive.

And most importantly, Jose has had a full season to observe, experience and build. This is going to be his famous 2nd season when he wins the league.

Plus, Chelsea and Liverpool will have to deal with the distractions of the CL while Arsenal will have to suffer the pains of Thursday night football.

And who says we are done buying?

I always argued that we were not as bad as the league table made us look last season. We were only unfortunate to have so many players out of form. I am betting many of them will be back next season.

Surely, the team is far from perfect, but I wouldn't be too alarmed just yet. Let's relax and see how all the clubs play out the last weeks of the transfer window.

It's a major failure on our part as a club if we do not sign a winger (on either side honestly) this offseason. That, CDM, and Striker were incredibly important.

Maybe we can be optimistic about the upcoming season because whenever we had good windows we had terrible seasons :p

I've always said there's lots of time but if we don't have somebody in by the first game of the season I'll be pissed off.

Absolutely mind numbingly bored with this transfer window now, ok we got Lindelöf and Lukaku in nice and early, but they have not significantly added to the squad when you consider we have Lost Zlatan and Rojo to long term injuries, reading through all the tweets and rumours etc, it makes no sense to me that our supposed targets have'nt been signed up, Matic is not wanted by Chelsea who have bought his replacement and lining up more midfield options, so where's the problem? Perisic is available at Inters valuation, so pay up or move on, Sanchez (maybe a star of the future) is'nt wanted at Munich, Fabinho seemed keen to move on like the rest of his Monaco team mates, Neymar, Sanchez, Verratti, Marhez all seem unsettled and likely to move, for Christ sake, AC Milan have virtually bought a new first team!
I understand that clubs are looking for Stella signings, but who exactly are we seriously interested in ? If it is just Matic & Perisic then for Christ sake just sign them a start integrating them into the squad.....aaaggghhhh, just bloody buy s
We now have a younger, more mobile center forward who has been one of the top three goalscorers in the EPL in the last five years.

We now have a talented new center back who, at the very least, provides us with some depth.

We now have a new midfield hot shot (Pereirra) who has been impressive and is desperate to make his mark.

We have Pogba, Miki and Bailly doing a full pre-season with us for the first time. Pogba has had no Euros to tire him out this time around. Watch that kid fire things up.

Martial is looking like going back to his old form. Rashford has been dining with and playing like Ronaldinho (lol). Lingard has been impressive.

And most importantly, Jose has had a full season to observe, experience and build. This is going to be his famous 2nd season when he wins the league.

Plus, Chelsea and Liverpool will have to deal with the distractions of the CL while Arsenal will have to suffer the pains of Thursday night football.

And who says we are done buying?

I always argued that we were not as bad as the league table made us look last season. We were only unfortunate to have so many players out of form. I am betting many of them will be back next season.

Surely, the team is far from perfect, but I wouldn't be too alarmed just yet. Let's relax and see how all the clubs play out the last weeks of the transfer window.
Thanks, that has calmed me down..for now

Absolutely mind numbingly bored with this transfer window now, ok we got Lindelöf and Lukaku in nice and early, but they have not significantly added to the squad when you consider we have Lost Zlatan and Rojo to long term injuries, reading through all the tweets and rumours etc, it makes no sense to me that our supposed targets have'nt been signed up, Matic is not wanted by Chelsea who have bought his replacement and lining up more midfield options, so where's the problem? Perisic is available at Inters valuation, so pay up or move on, Sanchez (maybe a star of the future) is'nt wanted at Munich, Fabinho seemed keen to move on like the rest of his Monaco team mates, Neymar, Sanchez, Verratti, Marhez all seem unsettled and likely to move, for Christ sake, AC Milan have virtually bought a new first team!
I understand that clubs are looking for Stella signings, but who exactly are we seriously interested in ? If it is just Matic & Perisic then for Christ sake just sign them a start integrating them into the squad.....aaaggghhhh, just bloody buy s

Thanks, that has calmed me down..for now

:lol:

At least it makes a mockery of "you can't attract quality players without the champions league". We've got champs league and we still can't do it!

At least it makes a mockery of "you can't attract quality players without the champions league". We've got champs league and we still can't do it!
Well I think there is a scarcity of quality in the market for the players playing in the positions where we need reinforcement. For once I am happy that we are not getting played into the hands of clubs and throwing money on sub standard players.

I haven't seen a good winger or a defensive midfielder getting signed by anyone in this window. All we have seen is centre backs, full backs and strikers. Only Fabinho comes to my mind when you think of someone who is quality and is available.

No, we are just the only club that seems to attract the better players when we have no CL, I guess the lost CL cash, & threat of the Adidas payment cut really focuses the minds at United, or perhaps i'm just been cynical.