Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Really? City have brought in lots of new faces. This is about adding to whatever they had before, which they have done hugely. Chelsea have brought in Bakayoko and Morata, that's improving to me also. Spurs were already better than us, so by virtue of us hardly improving, they are still also.

That's three teams better than us when our aim should be the title. It's not doom and gloom, it's just pointing out our squad isn't ready to win the League.
Only City have strengthened. Don't panic just yet.

I reckon Inter just phone us every few days asking for a deal to happen.
Reckon nothing's happening and the media are regurgitating the same story over and over because there's nothing new to report

Only City have strengthened. Don't panic just yet.
There's no panic at all, far from it. I think we have a good squad, and a very good manager. But we are starting below other squads and haven't strengthened enough to challenge for the title, which is what I'd rather we do.

That's roughly 560 000 pounds apparently.

No wait.

It's 577 000 euros per week.

So, 517 000 pounds per week.

Cannot believe there's a fresh article saying literally the exact same thing as 2 weeks ago.

I feel like we're locked in some sort of Groundhog Day scenario. Next up, find out which Chelsea midfielder is being linked with a shock move to Manchester United.

RMC saying Barca thinking about Di Maria. Also mentions their interest in Coutinho and Dybala in the article.

Coutinho going to Barca would literally mean every club among the top 6 (other than City) has arguably weakened during the transfer window.

How do you attempt 16 passes, whilst only touching the ball 13 times?

(in reply to the AS story about Bale, which I'm not allowed to quote yet...)

How do you attempt 16 passes, whilst only touching the ball 13 times?

(in reply to the AS story about Bale, which I'm not allowed to quote yet...)

Not only he missed the passes but he also missed the ball?

Uh oh... if Bale wants to stay with this propaganda starting, good luck to him.

It has started last week. One of Spanish media outlets did a poll with 40,000 participants. 70% wanted Bale sold to United.

If a 200m pound transfer, to a club whose revenue isn't close to the worlds biggest clubs, isn't breaking FFP, then Uefa may as well come out and admit that FFP is dead.

Well to be honest, the deal could be structured with a 'down payment' followed by installments. Even with FFP, if their installments are less than the revenue, it's not a breach. Accountants will find ways to make it work.

Well to be honest, the deal could be structured with a 'down payment' followed by installments. Even with FFP, if their installments are less than the revenue, it's not a breach. Accountants will find ways to make it work.
It can't if they're activating the release clause. Has to be paid in one go.

Cheers for the info. Maybe I am unaware of how release clauses work, but I was under the impression that if you put together a package that totalled the amount of the release clauses, then the club is obligated to accept. I understand literally it means an amount to release a person from a contract; however, there still has to be some breathing room in there.

Doesn't matter. So long as it's recognized as a transfer fee, they can break it down over the lenght of the contract on the books. If french taxmen recognize it as a signing fee, on the other hand, i dunno

Doesn't matter. So long as it's recognized as a transfer fee, they can break it down over the lenght of the contract on the books. If french taxmen recognize it as a signing fee, on the other hand, i dunno
Would it be counted as a transfer fee? Don't they have to give the money to Neymar, then he pays for his release via the league?

Spanish law is that if a release clause is activated full fee must be paid upon completion