Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Ox would be a good signing for Chelsea. Not convinced on Barkley and think Davies would be better off staying at Everton.

It's still an interesting statement because it suggests he intends to be at City longer than he has been anywhere else which is what a portion of fans had predicted. Circumstances are such that he feels quite comfortable, well supported and a project to evolve
True, yet I don't believe he will. My tip is he'll leave football and go into politics. Even if he wins heaps with City, I think he'll get fed up sooner rather than later.

It seems clear Bale is settled at Madrid

echoes of Di Maria though I suppose Bale will settle in Manchester if he did move

he's an absolute wand of a left foot, is physically excellent with great pace, plenty of goals and assists and is one of the world's best attackers

it's also an area we are weak with only Martial an option there - I can't understand why people would be against this unless Bale has injury problems that will restrict him to half a season

if his fitness is good we should buy him - He'd instantly become our best attacker

It seems clear Bale is settled at Madrid

echoes of Di Maria though I suppose Bale will settle in Manchester if he did move

he's an absolute wand of a left foot, is physically excellent with great pace, plenty of goals and assists and is one of the world's best attackers

it's also an area we are weak with only Martial an option there - I can't understand why people would be against this unless Bale has injury problems that will restrict him to half a season

if his fitness is good we should buy him - He'd instantly become our best attacker

You have any idea how many games he has missed in the last few seasons.

He has missed around 29 games last season,i don't think we can afford a world record fee for a injury prone player.

It's still an interesting statement because it suggests he intends to be at City longer than he has been anywhere else which is what a portion of fans had predicted. Circumstances are such that he feels quite comfortable, well supported and a project to evolve
I think basically City have employed Pep to do a mid to long term rebuild of the club. They've clearly been planning it for years and are backing him with a huge amount of players. But I get the feeling that he only wants to be there for the long term if they are winning trophies and this is his subtle (or not so subtle) way of letting City know that he won't hang around if things aren't going well.

He comes across as a bit of a cock.

I think basically City have employed Pep to do a mid to long term rebuild of the club. They've clearly been planning it for years and are backing him with a huge amount of players. But I get the feeling that he only wants to be there for the long term if they are winning trophies and this is his subtle (or not so subtle) way of letting City know that he won't hang around if things aren't going well.

He comes across as a bit of a cock.
It is his job to be winning trophies after the money he is spending. Doubt city want him without any trophies either.

It is his job to be winning trophies after the money he is spending. Doubt city want him without any trophies either.
City want to replicate the Barca model. Yes they want to win trophies straight away but I think they would take a couple of fallow years if they then went on to dominate like Barca have in the last decade. But I get the feeling that Pep wouldn't be quite so patient.

City want to replicate the Barca model. Yes they want to win trophies straight away but I think they would take a couple of fallow years if they then went on to dominate like Barca have in the last decade. But I get the feeling that Pep wouldn't be quite so patient.
Barca had one Lionel Messi. In 20 years, only he will be remembered for that period of domination.

Barca had one Lionel Messi. In 20 years, only he will be remembered for that period of domination.

That's correct. I often wonder where Real Madrid and Barcelona would be this last 8-10 years without Ronaldo and Messi putting in the best goal/assist stats ever for the clubs. People tend to forget the Barca team was built around Messi. Man City have no player close to Messi level to build around, and they also don't have Iniesta, Xavi, etc. Even their defence isn't on Barcelona's level from that domination period.

groundhog_day1.jpg

You have any idea how many games he has missed in the last few seasons.

He has missed around 29 games last season,i don't think we can afford a world record fee for a injury prone player.
according to who scored he played 39 games last year which is still pretty decent

it depends on the nature of the injuries - if he keeps injuring hamstrings for example then maybe it's a chronic issue

edit - had a look - main injuries were calf and ankle - he missed about 4 months with these
https://www.transfermarkt.com/gareth-bale/verletzungen/spieler/39381

You think Pep, Xavi and Iniesta will become distant memories or pale in comparison?
I do. In the same way most people only remember and talk about Maradona and Pele and don't go into detail about the great teams surrounding them. And in Messi's case maybe it'll even be more so.

I want Barcelona to spend the Neymar money to sign Mbappe just to see the meltdown of Perez and Real fans. :lol:

Bale's agent on united rumors "It's a ridiculous, stupid story," agent Jonathan Barnett told BBC Sport.

Bale's agent on united rumors "It's a ridiculous, stupid story," agent Jonathan Barnett told BBC Sport.

Not that I think that Bale will sign for us, but the agent doesn't reference us at all. He's basically saying "Bale's not leaving Madrid" which is true, until his narrative changes to "Bale didn't want to leave Madrid, but Madrid didn't want him anymore".

Not that I think that Bale will sign for us, but the agent doesn't reference us at all. He's basically saying "Bale's not leaving Madrid" which is true, until his narrative changes to "Bale didn't want to leave Madrid, but Madrid didn't want him anymore".
Jonathan Barnett

agent of Gareth Bale, Luke Shaw, Fosu-Mensah and Joe Hart

jonathan-barnett_416x416.jpg

Does he look like a sport agent? :)

Jonathan Barnett

agent of Gareth Bale, Luke Shaw, Fosu-Mensah and Joe Hart

jonathan-barnett_416x416.jpg

Does he look like a sport agent? :)
He looks like he's wearing a cheap disguise!

He's been very mouthy in the past about Bale not wanting to leave Madrid/join us. He's going to look a tit when he has to come cap in hand to us cos Madrid don't want their toy any more....because let's face it, in terms of size of club we are the least of a 'step down' than any of the others (given that Barca won't be an option) and I would think that we will be top of Bale's list.