Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Given Everton's improvement and signings, and Barkley's stagnation I'd say he's probably already at the correct size club for him. Don't think he's quite good enough for the top 6

He's not currently, but I've a feeling Pochettino might develop him into a great player. If he went to any other top 6 team he'd flop big time imo

Given Everton's improvement and signings, and Barkley's stagnation I'd say he's probably already at the correct size club for him. Don't think he's quite good enough for the top 6
Agreed. I feel like he's only equipped for a club with a bit of ambition looking to break that top six like West Ham and namely his current club. His development has halted lately and he'd only be a squaddie for the top six sides. Tottenham are perhaps the only club where he could progress with Poch's tutelage and trust.

All the other sides and he'll just fall by the wayside and end up back at square one.

I agree that his progress has been underwhelming. I blame Martinez to a huge extent. He made more progress in one year under Koeman than two or three under Martinez.

And during all this age hysteria on here, lets not forget Lampard was 23 when he went to Chelsea. He was probably 25 when he had his real breakthrough - from good to very good.

That being said, he is not a typical smart footballer, and that puts a ceiling to his potential. Scholes, Becks, Giggs, Lampard were all a bit of a genius giving them an edge. However, his pace, power and technique might give him the edge he needs. Bit like Bale or Gerrard.

He's not currently, but I've a feeling Pochettino might develop him into a great player. If he went to any other top 6 team he'd flop big time imo

Agreed. I feel like he's only equipped for a club with a bit of ambition looking to break that top six like West Ham and namely his current club. His development has halted lately and he'd only be a squaddie for the top six sides. Tottenham are perhaps the only club where he could progress with Poch's tutelage and trust.

All the other sides and he'll just fall by the wayside and end up back at square one.

Yep, I hear you re: Spurs, but doesn't he play a similar position to Delli All?

Chelsea's transfer business/targets has seemed quite underwhelming.

No. This is an excellent move for them. They need to fill homegrown quota. Both are more experienced and much better than Jesse Lingard. They are ready made squad players of 23 years of age. Chelsea will get them on the cheap due to last year contract and sell them if not needed in a couple of years on a profit. It is a win win situation for them.

Worst case scenario for them is that they keep Bale. Not that bad of a deal if you ask me.
But thats dancing both sides of whats happening. Or not happening depending on your view.

He is deemed surplus to requirments due to the need to raise funds for the Mbappe deal. Bale stays = No Mbappe or worse Mbappe going to Barca after shifting on Neymar.

I get your point and you are right Bale staying is no bad thing. But its not whats got everyone talking, it seems it has to happen.

But thats dancing both sides of whats happening. Or not happening depending on your view.

He is deemed surplus to requirments due to the need to raise funds for the Mbappe deal. Bale stays = No Mbappe or worse Mbappe going to Barca after shifting on Neymar.

I get your point and you are right Bale staying is no bad thing. But its not whats got everyone talking, it seems it has to happen.
You're right in that, if reports are to be believed, Madrid must sell (Bale) before buying Mbappe and that ties their hands a bit in trying to extort us in the fee. But you have to also factor in the market and the fact that we likely won't be the only club in for Bale if he was available. Either way, on your original comment, I can't see Madrid selling for 60m.

Nothing wrong with what Pep says. He clearly feels he needs to deliver and rightfully so.

Nothing wrong with what Pep says. He clearly feels he needs to deliver and rightfully so.

It's still an interesting statement because it suggests he intends to be at City longer than he has been anywhere else which is what a portion of fans had predicted. Circumstances are such that he feels quite comfortable, well supported and a project to evolve

Ox will be a very good player for them. They don't need Barkley, though.
There is no way Chelsea are interested in a guy not good enough for Arsenal. Ox has a fantastic agent who manages to keep his name in the media with links to teams like City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

In reality, he'll probably end up at West Brom. Or Arsene will give him a new 5 year contract just because.