Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

You fecks were supposed to snatch Hazard. With Barca taking Coutinho it would all have been perfect.

Two game changers gone for our rivals in a swoosh.
I think that after this market, in which I would not rule anything out, Madrid will not try to sign for a while in England. Players are too expensive.

Don't believe it, Woody has had a hardon for Bale for years. If he's available, Woody would be all over it.
Its a collective failure of the premier league that the best british player right now plays in La Liga especially as the amount of money there is in the PL at the moment.

Its a joke that the clubs in england have allowed Barca and madrid to have the front 3 they have at the moment.

Its a collective failure of the premier league that the best british player right now plays in La Liga especially as the amount of money there is in the PL at the moment.

Its a joke that the clubs in england have allowed Barca and madrid to have the front 3 they have at the moment.

1) What?
2) He happens to play for, you know, the best team in the world?

1) What?
2) He happens to play for, you know, the best team in the world?

And unlike what some people might think, the PL doesn't have more money than Barcelona and Real Madrid, only United does.

I think that after this market, in which I would not rule anything out, Madrid will not try to sign for a while in England. Players are too expensive.

The only players RM would be interested in from England are game changers and potential worldies anyways, and those will be pricey wherever you go.

Dybala
Dembele
Mbappe
Veratti

Those will cost no less than their counterparts in the PL.

Market has simply gone crazy and I honestly wouldn't take £250m for Pogba, simply because we'd not find quality like him again. Some players are worth more than whatever they can fetch.

Just hope to god that we have a standing agreement with Griez about a transfer next summer, because his release clause which was previously seen as quite high is starting to look a bargain in this climate, nevermind next summers transfer climate.

He comes up with this shit despite Jose stating numerous times that Ed is in control of transfers. As if Jose would turn down Bale if Ed said he would buy him. I think it's a smokescreen. Jose is just playing hard to get because he knows RM will rape us for Bale. I also don't think for a moment that the DDG saga is over either. RM are plotting their course and DDG is part of it, sooner or later. Could play into a Bale agreement.
The summary given is incorrect. He says the Glazers aren't keen to whip out so much cash when PSG and City are going nuts in the market

19th player they are sending on loan this summer. How can the FA/UEFA/FIFA not see a problem with this?

Trying to figure out the benefit to the player here, okay probably gets some extra pay as Chelsea probably pays him a bit on top of what he gets from Fulham. What else?

I am not talking about the type of loan where you go out and get some playing time to develop in hopes furthering your career. This guy is what 24? This is not a development loan, at all.
I'm not saying I agree with the practice but it's probably a pretty good deal if you're the player. You get good wages and probably no major expectations on your shoulders. If you're only after the money then all good. Chelsea probably see it as a low risk way of getting good players.

Delaney basically reiterating the same story. Juve want Matuidi, and Jose wants Matic before the season starts. Matic's preferred choice is Man Utd.

Delaney basically reiterating the same story. Juve want Matuidi, and Jose wants Matic before the season starts. Matic's preferred choice is Man Utd.

Really, Miguel? There's now way we'd have worked that out without you.

So Chelsea will be paying their wages while they go on loan to play for other clubs?
Probably not. Probably add a small fee on top to Chelsea with a few of these loans as well.

Here are some more, that just make no sense.

Hector has been on loan 14 times in his career. Though this is only his 3rd since coming to Chelsea. He is 25.

Blackman is on his 4th loan now. He is 23.

No way a club should be able to stockpile players like this and just keep them on never-ending cycle of loans.

Hector has been on loan 14 times in his career. Though this is only his 3rd since coming to Chelsea. He is 25.

No way a club should be able to stockpile players like this and just keep them on never-ending cycle of loans.
They sell for a profit. No harm done to them

Probably not. Probably add a small fee on top to Chelsea with a few of these loans as well.

I would think Chelsea is paying this players something on top of the wages they get from the team they are loaned to, otherwise it boggles the mind as to why the players would keep signing new contracts with Chelsea. So maybe from Chelsea's view point they pay a small amount to the player (so that he earns more than he would if he just signed for another club) then Chelsea gets paid by the club they loan the player to so that they make money? But why wouldn't the club the player is being loaned to just not want to buy the player, the transfer fee on these guys can not be that large?

It is weird.

They sell for a profit. No harm done to them

They are not selling though are they. Obviously there has to be some financial benefit to Chelsea, but the question really is should there be some limits on the number of players you can loan out at any given time, the number of times/amount of total time you can have a player loaned out especially once they get past 21?

Discussion for another thread though.

Whoever's responsible for working on negotiations for youth players at Chelsea must be working overtime every transfer window.

One of these completely pointless non updated

Nothing bar the price has stopped us, if we're even really that interested!

My other boys had Blackman on loan last season in league 2.
When news dropped that he was on £13k a week, everyone was absolutely incredulous.

You have a £13k a week keeper, and you're sending him on loan to league 2 at 22/23? Doesn't sound like he has even a remote chance of being a Chelsea player, with Courtois a couple of years older!