Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Says United will not be signing Bale. Article states that Jose thinks Bale wants to stay and that he is unwilling to go head-to-head with the inflated budgets deployed by clubs like City or PSG.

So pre-emptively saving face in case we try and fail to sign him. Yes we like him but wont even bother because he doesn't want to leave (secretly sends fax to madrid).

Says United will not be signing Bale. Article states that Jose thinks Bale wants to stay and that he is unwilling to go head-to-head with the inflated budgets deployed by clubs like City or PSG.

Bale need to show a desire to join us and if that's the case, I agree. Players need to want to play for us.

He's not going to be sold. This rumour really needs to die.

Has Castles been really reliable this summer? Maybe he's just putting out information that Jose wants him to put out rather than the actual truth, but he hasn't made many meaningful insights this summer I think.

These are my thoughts as well. It's like Jose telling Perez "I want to buy him, but you need to reconsider your expectations for him" and also telling Bale to force a move that will facilitate our negotiation with Madrid.

If Neymar leaves, Barça are willing to spend everything on Mbappé

These are my thoughts as well. It's like Jose telling Perez "I want to buy him, but you need to reconsider your expectations for him" and also telling Bale to force a move that will facilitate our negotiation with Madrid.
Well hopefully you're right. We really need a player of Bale's quality if we are serious about winning the league.

Don't believe it, Woody has had a hardon for Bale for years. If he's available, Woody would be all over it.

Worst muppet summer ever

He's not going to be sold. This rumour really needs to die.
Agreed 100% its bordering on insanity now the way ppl want to believe this could happen .

The guy has never shown any interest in us n Jose has said time n time again it isn't an option yet ppl can't accept it

Benzemá will renew in a short time(he has until 2019,it would be until 21 o 22), untouchable for Zidane and the club

I don't really think Bale will be too fussed about leaving. i think part of it is not wanting to be seen as a failure but I've been reading reports (probably made up) that his wife wants to return to Britain.

Honestly I think the club is good at judging youth prospects these days. Lot of us rated Fletcher highly. Now, it just appears that he ain't that good.

The club wanted to keep him. His contract ran out and he didn't renew.

Honestly I think the club is good at judging youth prospects these days. Lot of us rated Fletcher highly. Now, it just appears that he ain't that good.
It was a strange decision for him to go to West Ham. If he wanted to leave to get first team football then he should have dropped down to the championship to get regular starts rather then a dozen substitute appearances. Especially for a striker, they need a run of games to get sharpness.

The club wanted to keep him. His contract ran out and he didn't renew.
I think we would have offered him a Januzaj like contract if he was that good. I think more first team opportunities is what he wanted and we weren't prepared to offer the same here.

Bale is what, 29? and a pace merchant that's an injury crock now and doesn't really want to leave Real

steer clear

It was a strange decision for him to go to West Ham. If he wanted to leave to get first team football then he should have dropped down to the championship to get regular starts rather then a dozen substitute appearances. Especially for a striker, they need a run of games to get sharpness.
Exactly. He wouldn't get many opportunities at any PL club.

He comes up with this shit despite Jose stating numerous times that Ed is in control of transfers. As if Jose would turn down Bale if Ed said he would buy him. I think it's a smokescreen. Jose is just playing hard to get because he knows RM will rape us for Bale. I also don't think for a moment that the DDG saga is over either. RM are plotting their course and DDG is part of it, sooner or later. Could play into a Bale agreement.

Obviously Bale is a great player, but the whole Real Madrid/Perez circus and obviously inflated fee perhaps wouldn't be worth it especially since it will probably be fairly straight forward to get Griezmann next summer. Given that Bale is 3 years older and perhaps more so in Football years because of wear and tear and all his injuries and he'd cost 20-30m more at least. There's also the De Gea factor. I'd prefer to do no business with them.

Benzemá will renew in a short time(he has until 2019,it would be until 21 o 22), untouchable for Zidane and the club

Meanwhile a portion of the caf thinks that every strikers under the sun would/should bench him.

Robert Fernández (Barça football director) likes Hazard a lot and could be an option if Neymar leaves

He just turned 28.

11 days ago.

yeah I wasn't sure, that's why i was asking. Still, with his injury troubles and the fact that his football is heavily reliant on pace, plus, him never showing a willingness to leave Real...I hope we leave that alone

Robert Fernández (Barça football director) likes Hazard a lot and could be an option if Neymar leaves

Not sure who I would like Barca to take away the most, Coutinho or Hazard :drool:

How anyone can be willing to sell a game changer in this day and age is beyond me, you won't get another one, and by the remote chance you do you'll pay through your nose.

19th player they are sending on loan this summer. How can the FA/UEFA/FIFA not see a problem with this?

Trying to figure out the benefit to the player here, okay probably gets some extra pay as Chelsea probably pays him a bit on top of what he gets from Fulham. What else?

I am not talking about the type of loan where you go out and get some playing time to develop in hopes furthering your career. This guy is what 24? This is not a development loan, at all.

Last edited:
Not sure who I would like Barca to take away the most, Coutinho or Hazard :drool:

How anyone can be willing to sell a game changer in this day and age is beyond me, you won't get another one, and by the remote chance you do you'll pay through your nose.
I think that Barça didn´t expect all this with Neymar and don´t know what is doing. Yes, Hazard would be too expensive and being injured it looks an impossible transfer

This Neymar stuff is just posturing and seeking a better pay day isnt it? Must be, making a fuss and then staying is the new big transfer story.

I think that Barça didn´t expect all this with Neymar and don´t know what is doing. Yes, Hazard would be too expensive and being injured it looks an impossible transfer

You fecks were supposed to snatch Hazard. With Barca taking Coutinho it would all have been perfect.

Two game changers gone for our rivals in a swoosh.