Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Please please buy Dendoncker instead of Matic. Not convinced we're actually in for him though, we have scouts everywhere, watching one game doesnt mean shit

Highly-rated youngster Lewis Gibson has left Newcastle to sign a three-year deal with Everton.

The England U16 international only had a year left on his contract at St James' Park and Everton used the loophole in youth contracts to prize him away.

Both clubs must now finalise a compensation fee or the Court of Arbitration for Sport will determine his value.

Well. His nickname is Robocop because his physical levels are pretty ridiculous - he played the most minutes in Europe for an outfield player (I believe?).
That's as good a reason as any to sign him. We'd definitely win the contest for signings with the coolest nicknames having already got the Iceman and RedRom.

That's as good a reason as any to sign him. We'd definitely win the contest for signings with the coolest nicknames having already got the Iceman and RedRom.
Any excuse to get this in again:
CsYCuxKXgAEakbY.jpg

Liverpool put a €150m price tag on Coutinho.

"We aren't selling him under any circumstances. Oh, here's his price tag, by the way."

Such bullshit.

EDIT to clarify, I believe that the report is bullshit. Liverpool have said they aren't selling him under any circumstances so what's the point in putting a price tag on his head? It makes zero sense.

Last edited:

If Chelsea loan out anymore players sheesh.
Seriously think its a strategy - if we buy all the players and loan em out then they can't play against us, kinda thing. Surely the FA should have some kind of limit. Even 30 would me more than generous.

Shock horror. The Bloody Nine has lost all faith in football as he uncovers untruth. Currently considering suicide. Hopefully. :p

put all the smiley's you want that was definitely uncool thing to say dude. :nono:

Shock horror. The Bloody Nine has lost all faith in football as he uncovers untruth. Currently considering suicide. Hopefully. :p
Wishing someone kills themselves because they have a different opinion on the Coutinho situation. Deary me. Whopper.

If Chelsea loan out anymore players sheesh.
Seriously think its a strategy - if we buy all the players and loan em out then they can't play against us, kinda thing. Surely the FA should have some kind of limit. Even 30 would me more than generous.
Or more like the strategy is to sell them later for much more than they buy. It seems to work very well for them.

Do they really need to fund it by selling one of BBC then? I guess wages are a big thing, but when you put it into perspective:

Real Madrid have earned €75m this year on sales/buys. So in theory they have 75m to put on top of their normal bid.

Pogba's fee was €105m, and they were a bit short of that in their bids. It would be like Real bidding €105 for Pogba so to speak.

Doesn't feel like this Mbappe transfer would tip the scale of selling a BBC player to me. They could sell lesser players to fit the wage bill: Kovacic, Asensio, Vasquez
I wish Asensio was available, but they would never sell him. Neither would I if were in charge of Madrid!

I'm learning that there is a correlation between buying-power and intelligence/common sense i.e. the more money you gain the level of intelligence/common sense decreases.

"Hey... Morata, is like OK, I mean good, great, but Harry Kane is the best, most perfect striker."

Bale is on huge wages, if he isn't going to play ahead of Mbappe then I see sense in shifting him before he hits 30. I don't think they need to get 100m+ for that to make sense, although they might well want big money

Says United will not be signing Bale. Article states that Jose thinks Bale wants to stay and that he is unwilling to go head-to-head with the inflated budgets deployed by clubs like City or PSG.

Says United will not be signing Bale. Article states that Jose thinks Bale wants to stay and that he is unwilling to go head-to-head with the inflated budgets deployed by clubs like City or PSG.

Those two reasons would, if anything, suggest we are looking to sign him. Setting our stall out that Bale has to show willingness and we won't pay silly money.

I have trouble believing this.
Castles might be ITK but he doesn't know everything has been wrong on a lot of things in the last year.

Says United will not be signing Bale.

Has Castles been really reliable this summer? Maybe he's just putting out information that Jose wants him to put out rather than the actual truth, but he hasn't made many meaningful insights this summer I think.