Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

I don't see them keeping Aguero if Aubameyang joins. Which one is going to be happy sitting on the bench?

It's seems that Pep/City's transfer strategy is just to hoard attacking players. Already loaded with attacking midfielders? Oh well, sign Bernanrdo Silva. Have Aguero and Jesus? Oh well, sign Auba.

Puzzling to me since they really didn't struggle for goals or creativity last season.

It's interesting that city are now the team agents use to stir up interest in their clients

Rooney holds all the cards. He has one year left in a lucrative contract with arguably the biggest club in the world. He is the clubs captain and plays under a manager who has stated that he will never force him out due to his legendary status. So unless Everton want him and offer him wages acceptable to him, I really can not see him move this summer.
That's his public stance on the situation. I'm sure the reality would be very different if we receive even a half-decent offer for Rooney.

It's seems that Pep/City's transfer strategy is just to hoard attacking players. Already loaded with attacking midfielders? Oh well, sign Bernanrdo Silva. Have Aguero and Jesus? Oh well, sign Auba.

Puzzling to me since they really didn't struggle for goals or creativity last season.
It's probably not his approach to shore up the defensive frailties of his team. His attitude is to probably go all in in attack. Will be fun finding out whether it actually works or not. Given the defensive frailties of the league in general it's a ploy that might work.

It's a more extreme case of what Fergie did when he brought in RVP in the season after we lost the league on goal difference having conceded a bunch of goals and with attack not a major problem.

Wrong. Pep said a lot of times that City are not good enough at both boxes - attacking and defending. So he needs as well some new attackers and defenders.

Wrong. Pep said a lot of times that City are not good enough at both boxes - attacking and defending. So he needs as well some new attackers and defenders.
His attack is already good enough, he's just a shite manager who needs a squad of world class players.

Well I'd rather City take PEA than Arsenal or something. They already have players similar to his quality so it's not like it'll affect them as much. Not to mention unless we do something insane in the next few weeks I doubt we'll be a better squad than them anyways.

SkySports sources has become something like Indykaila...It's all lies just to get people to click into these articles or to watch Skysports. They use to be one of the most trusted but now they are as bad as any of them.

BBC are much more respected and aren't just making up stories like Skysports have been doing constantly for the past 3-4 years.