Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Great business for all involved, would've liked him as Plan B if the Verratti deal were not to materialize, very curious what sort of first window Monchi has at Roma

Strootman, Pellegrini, Paredes, Seri & Nainggolan - that's some midfield

Last edited:
Wonder what Jose sees in Perisic that he doesn't in Moura and Costa. If we end up buying him for a lot more than those two go for it will put Jose under a lot of pressure for him to be a success.

And the one position we are desperate to fill is the one that includes putting that round thing into that big net behind the bloke with the gloves on. And nobody is better than that on earth than Ronaldo.

There are less expensive players who can do that, I know they aren't as good as Ronaldo but we wouldn't have to pay 130 to 200 million for them. If we pay that much for Ronaldo we would have to settle for average players in other positions, average players like Lingard and Fellaini. I am not saying we need a galactico signing for every position, we at least need players who are better than average and with teams asking 50 to 90 million for average or unproven players we can't afford to blow all our transfer budget for one player. I know we are the richest club but spending 200 to 300 million every year is not sustainable even for the richest club in the world.

Wonder what Jose sees in Perisic that he doesn't in Moura and Costa. If we end up buying him for a lot more than those two go for it will put Jose under a lot of pressure for him to be a success.
I haven't watched much of any of them, but work rate and discipline would be my best quasi-educated guess.

Work rate and consistency vs flair and unpredictability I guess? The whole Valencia vs Nani thing again.

Costa and Moura can both be unstoppable and a joy to watch on their day, but also kinda unpredictably terrible if they're not in the right mood.

Last edited:

Mohamed Bouhafsi confirms that Verratti does want to leave PSG.

This is a player we should thrown the bank at if there is any chance at all at signing him. I understand he might want Barca but let's at least drive up the price for them

I think we should attempt to sign Oxlade. Very good player who can play on the wing and in central midfield, and he's only 24

I think we should attempt to sign Oxlade. Very good player who can play on the wing and in central midfield, and he's only 24

I think he'll stay at Arsenal eventually. Expect Sanchez to be the only one leaving this summer.

He's been dreadful in CM whenever played there, we can use him as a winger but he won't really help with goals - which is what we need. He's never managed to score more than 2 goals in 6 seasons in the Premier League.

Think he's actually looked pretty good as a wing-back, would make sense if Chelsea wants him. Otherwise, he should stay at Arsenal where he's actually doing well in this role. He's a tad bit injury prone too, we can do much better than him.

Rooney holds all the cards. He has one year left in a lucrative contract with arguably the biggest club in the world. He is the clubs captain and plays under a manager who has stated that he will never force him out due to his legendary status. So unless Everton want him and offer him wages acceptable to him, I really can not see him move this summer.