Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Pereira's a new signing as far as i'm concerned ;). To be on that list, playing CM for Granada is astonishing.

Impressive numbers.

On an unrelated note, why is the 'wand of a foot' description exclusive to left footed players?

Which source do you use? Whoscored has a little different interpretation, it seems.
OhPVRyb.png
Transfermarkt. Fair play if they're wrong.

Transfermarkt. Fair play if they're wrong.
Neither is wrong. He occupied roughly the same areas of the pitch(center-left), the only difference was wether he had to cover the pitch box-to-box or just only the attacking half. Basically his defensive duties changed

If this is true, I have to admit that Pep is building one heck of a team at City. Dani is still a beast.

Clearly, City's problem was the defence last season. I think Pep is dealing with that problem well. I predict we'll be seeing the Pep vs Jose rivalry we didn't see last season. Those two will be up there fighting for the title next season.

We better not be stalling the Morata deal for Ronaldo. When Real extend Ronaldo's contract Morata will get the hump for being second choice and go elsewhere. Or Chelsea will take Morata first and Ronaldo will stay. Either way dallying is going to cost us and we'll end up spunking 80m on Belotti.
...and Woody will look like a child in a sweet shop who took so long to decide while the other kids took the best sweets leaving Woody only the left overs!

If this is true, I have to admit that Pep is building one heck of a team at City. Dani is still a beast.

Clearly, City's problem was the defence last season. I think Pep is dealing with that problem well. I predict we'll be seeing the Pep vs Jose rivalry we didn't see last season. Those two will be up there fighting for the title next season.

Not for me. We're extremely far off being a title contender, and the transfers we seem to be lining up will not elevate us to that level. As it stands, top 5 at best.

Depends who we sign. If come September we have signed Lindelof, Perisic, Dier and Morata we won't have improved much/at all in regards to personnel imo and City will still have the better team. If we manage to land a good LB and marquee attacker on top of that then things will be different. The club's remaining tight lipped so we'll just have to wait and see.

France have their wings sorted for a generation with Lemar and Dembele, no surprise they're the top two on the list.

Not for me. We're extremely far off being a title contender, and the transfers we seem to be lining up will not elevate us to that level. As it stands, top 5 at best.

if not for some bad luck , poor form from some players and some awful injury's we would of been there or there about's last season .

were not that far off the pack but i do fear that city will take some stopping next season.

Doesn't mention if we're interested or not. Says PSG are interested and ready to spend whatever but CR7 wants a return to us. I still don't believe, know one can know Ronaldo's real intentions.

Duncan Castles saying we're interested.

If Ronaldo really wants to come back to Old Trafford, I really cannot see Woodward not bidding for him at least.

Doesn't mention if we're interested or not. Says PSG are interested and ready to spend whatever but CR7 wants a return to us. I still don't believe, know one can know Ronaldo's real intentions.
Ronaldo's intentions couldn't be clearer he simply wants more money from Madrid and by thinking there is anything more to this United will be displaying an obvious naivety to transfer dealings that have characterized our transfer business.

So the very reliable Castles says we're interested and the very reliable Di Marzio says we are his first choice.

Someone remind me why nobody thinks this will happen.

So the very reliable Castles says we're interested and the very reliable Di Marzio says we are his first choice.

Castles also retweeted someone who said:

"If Ronaldo doesn't sign for us by the end of this transfer window I will PayPal everyone who Retweets this £50

That's how confident I am"

"If Ronaldo doesn't sign for us by the end of this transfer window I will PayPal everyone who Retweets this £50

I am confident he will remain where he is. We need to sort out Morata before Madrid refuse to sell him and we are out of options.

Cause we're tiny club up north.

:lol:

So is Castle after an easy £50 or does he agree with him? I miss the Ceefax days so much compared to this shite.

I am confident he will remain where he is. We need to sort out Morata before Madrid refuse to sell him and we are out of options.

Apparently the club are still talking to that Lyon striker as an alternative? There is not going to be a shift resolution but the good thing is this. We've been bitten before. So I'm sure the club will do things smarter and besides we have multiple targets so we'll see. I did see a report a few days ago about us rating De Gea at 100Million. I can't really see us getting Morata.

Sadly so.

We seemingly learnt nothing from the Ramos saga.

He may or may not come, but people need to drop the Ramos reference I think. Ronaldo and Ramos are not the same at all when it comes to United, common sense would suggest one of the two has a far greater affinity to United than the other. And it's not the one with all the tattoos.

Why does everyone seriously believe we're hunting after Ronaldo / waiting for that deal before Morata/other targets? You really think the people who get paid 6 figures at the club, like Woodward, are that naive to halt our pursuit of the targets Mourinho has asked for in case Ronaldo wants to come?

If we don't sign Morata, it'll be because Madrid refused the transfer due to Ronaldo - not because we put it on hold.

He may or may not come, but people need to drop the Ramos reference I think. Ronaldo and Ramos are not the same at all when it comes to United, common sense would suggest one of the two has a far greater affinity to United than the other. And it's not the one with all the tattoos.
Fair point, however hopefully either the club will release some information to the media claiming we are not interested or Ronaldo comes out himself and says he won't be going anywhere.

Fair point, however hopefully either the club will release some information to the media claiming we are not interested or Ronaldo comes out himself and says he won't be going anywhere.

'Hopefully?'

Why does everyone seriously believe we're hunting after Ronaldo / waiting for that deal before Morata/other targets? You really think the people who get paid 6 figures at the club, like Woodward, are that naive to halt our pursuit of the targets Mourinho has asked for in case Ronaldo wants to come?

If we don't sign Morata, it'll be because Madrid refused the transfer due to Ronaldo - not because we put it on hold.

It has happened before hasn't it?
I'm pretty confident though Woody has become more efficient and we're probably sorting out our other targets. We really should have closed the Morata deal earlier, those 5-10€ might bite us on the arse, do not rate Belloti or Lacazette, Morata would have been perfect for us.

Given that Mourinho and Ronaldo share an agent, I would imagine that Mourinho would know whether his desire to leave was genuine or not. So I'm not even remotely concerned we'll get played.

I genuinely believe he is really upset, and has decided to leave. Whether Madrid can tempt him to stay is another question. I think if they show him enough love then he will. But what is enough? Probably a 30m bonus to cover his fines, back taxes and legal fees.

And then the question becomes whether they want to keep paying his enormous wages for 4 more years plus a huge bill for taxes, or potentially cash in to the tune of 150m for a player who turns 33 this year. I suspect it'll come down to Florentinos ego.

Which source do you use? Whoscored has a little different interpretation, it seems.
OhPVRyb.png

So he is a... an ALCM ;)
Attacking Left Central Midfielder - if you try to come up with something in the middle of where he played.

Ronnie phoned ZZ and told him he wants to leave Spain because people treat him like a criminal starting with the media.

Last edited:
Given that Mourinho and Ronaldo share an agent, I would imagine that Mourinho would know whether his desire to leave was genuine or not. So I'm not even remotely concerned we'll get played.
Good point. Mendes isn't getting enough money from the hypothetical renewal to jeopardize his relationships with Mourinho.