Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

I'd take him for that amount but can't see it happening.

Me too.
He has atleast 3-4 years at top level, and winning mentality.
Oh, and he loves the club.
Imagine having Zlatan, Pogba and Ronaldo in the same team, plus the best goalkeeper in the world.
If Zlatan recovers, and sign

Wow... how do they make up this stuff?

More than £90m? Is there a source?

From what I understand we sold about 2.5m shirts in total. That seems to be an increase of around 0.8m on the previous year.

Pogba sold the most, so at best Ibra would account for ~0.35m additional sales.

Say £60 per shirt that's ~£20m in sales. Say also the profit United makes on each shirt is even £10, that would mean an absolute maximum of under £4m profit in sales through Ibra.

Did he not earn something like £15m per year so therefore didn't even get anywhere near to paying his own wages.

Or am I missing something?
No you're not. if anything you have likely overstated Uniteds cut in jersey sales

Wow... how do they make up this stuff?

Probably the same way The Daily Star and the Express get their transfer stories.

3 pots with loads of random club names in the first two and random number combinations in the third. Pick one from each pot, put them together add a player name and you have your back page for Sunday.

Probably the same way The Daily Star and the Express get their transfer stories.

3 pots with loads of random club names in the first two and random number combinations in the third. Pick one from each pot, put them together add a player name and you have your back page for Sunday.

Not sure if it was in Simpsons or South Park, where they had an episode where manatee's picked up balls from an aquarium, to make an episode.
Maybe something like that?

Very good young holding midfielder playing in Belgium for Genk. I think Monaco and Sevilla have been linked, they're far more likely. Way too green to be a serious option for Arsenal at the minute. I don't even think he's been linked to Everton either, so...

Why? They play two different positions...

Ronaldo is a striker now. He's not a left winger.

Morata isn't a good partner for him.

Someone like Griezmann would be good foil for Ronaldo like Benzema is.

Morata and him don't compliment each other well and it's been true at Real Madrid too. I'm sure the Real Madrid fans on here can attest to this.

Very good young holding midfielder playing in Belgium for Genk. I think Monaco and Sevilla have been linked, they're far more likely. Way too green to be a serious option for Arsenal at the minute. I don't even think he's been linked to Everton either, so...
Not that I've watched him a lot, but 18m seems way too much for him. Only has two caps for Norway

Not that I've watched him a lot, but 18m seems way too much for him. Only has two caps for Norway
Oh I agree. The Belgian league isn't *that* expensive for the most part and players from Genk are usually a bit cheaper than the highest rated ones from Anderlecht (Courtois and De Bruyne were only about £7m a piece). In contrast, Tielemans and Lukaku - who were both a fair bit more proven than Berge (only been at Genk since January) - went only for a few million more (both around £20m iirc). Like I sort of alluded to, I wouldn't be surprised if this rumour is rubbish.

Not sure if it was in Simpsons or South Park, where they had an episode where manatee's picked up balls from an aquarium, to make an episode.
Maybe something like that?

Yeah i think its the Sun that uses the manatee method for their transfer stories.

As a footballer, I would have him back.

I simply can't see such a growth.

Look at our revenue growth over the last few years
https://www.statista.com/statistics/267735/revenue-of-manchester-united/

That is in dollars. Convert that to pounds.

No player will see us make that big a change in revenues.

But we simply won't do that from
signing Ronaldo.

That isn't to say we shouldn't sign him. But the extra income argument shouldn't be given as the reason.

Thanks for the link! I admit the following isn't something I'm familiar with.

These revenues show some years of very significant growth that may (not definitely) be linked to the purchase of players like Chicharito (first Mexican player), RVP, Owen (urgh), Kagawa (Asian market in general), and Mata. And I think it is possible the revenues are somewhat linked to winning of trophies iirc.

not sure if the tremendous increase in 2016 is due to Zlatan and Pogba (or whether the figures are not updated)?

Certain years where revenue drops may also possibly be linked to departures of players like Scholes, RVP, Giggs, and Kagawa.

These are jjust players I think are more immediately marketable and a possible link to the numbers in the immediate financial year. If we make assumptions on players like martial who become more popular after big performanes, I.e. the effect on numbers may be a bit delayed (if my theory is correct).

in other words, I don't see why the numbers preclude the argument that we can recoup Ronaldo's transfer fee over four years of increased growth due to his presence. Note again I'm not saying that signing Ronaldo makes us richer or gives us more profits. what I am saying is that we can generate more income. whether that is enough to result in profits over his wages - that I am not sure.

Seems to be feck all transfer news outside of possible bollocks Ronaldo rumours. Ronaldo has killed muppet season for the semi-believers

Did you even see how much Ibra brought in with shirt sales? I've got no proof we would make that amount. You've got no proof that we wouldn't. But imo we would. There's no definitive until it happened

The shirt sales money all goes to Adidas.

If you believe that we can cover a transfer fee through shirt sales, then I can't help you.

Thanks for the link! I admit the following isn't something I'm familiar with.

These revenues show some years of very significant growth that may (not definitely) be linked to the purchase of players like Chicharito (first Mexican player), RVP, Owen (urgh), Kagawa (Asian market in general), and Mata. And I think it is possible the revenues are somewhat linked to winning of trophies iirc.

not sure if the tremendous increase in 2016 is due to Zlatan and Pogba (or whether the figures are not updated)?

Certain years where revenue drops may also possibly be linked to departures of players like Scholes, RVP, Giggs, and Kagawa.

These are jjust players I think are more immediately marketable and a possible link to the numbers in the immediate financial year. If we make assumptions on players like martial who become more popular after big performanes, I.e. the effect on numbers may be a bit delayed (if my theory is correct).

in other words, I don't see why the numbers preclude the argument that we can recoup Ronaldo's transfer fee over four years of increased growth due to his presence. Note again I'm not saying that signing Ronaldo makes us richer or gives us more profits. what I am saying is that we can generate more income. whether that is enough to result in profits over his wages - that I am not sure.
Note though that this fees are in dollars, so the pound growth will be much less.

I'd try and get the same number in pounds if possible. But I've already clogged this thread enough.

The shirt sales money all goes to Adidas.

If you believe that we can cover a transfer fee through shirt sales, then I can't help you.
Not all of it. A small percentage goes to the club after sales hit a certain amount.