Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

its not just our merchandise don't forget. It's about commercial deals/ sponsorship that's where most of the money comes. It stands to reason that if you have have players of a certain stature that sponsors will compete to get your signature rather than trying to get a deal
I'm not denying the increased marketing potential, rather the notion that it will cover his transfer easily.

He isnt leaving RM ffs
yeah they won't let him go - now would probably be the time to sell if there was a replacement but who could fill his boots?

there isn't an outstanding talent in world football Madrid could replace him with

Hazard isn't in same league, M'Bappe is a relatively unproven kid not ready for that kind of pressure etc

he will stay

Saw that coming, could be a good acquisition for them.

Don't if he will cope with the quick rhythm of the league at 35 especially in a position which needs much dynamism in going back and forth. It's easy in Serie A because the league is much slower.

So we are supposedly after Mendy, Walker, Bertrand and Alves? That would be quite a summer for full-backs. I see Alves potentially turning up at Chelsea too personally.

Is he out of contract? Would Juve sell him cheap? Why didnt Pep go for him last summer?

yeah they won't let him go - now would probably be the time to sell if there was a replacement but who could fill his boots?

there isn't an outstanding talent in world football Madrid could replace him with

Hazard isn't in same league, M'Bappe is a relatively unproven kid not ready for that kind of pressure etc

he will stay

Its not even that..its all posturing and only a select few clubs could afford him not that they would pay the ridiculous money quoted. Also isnt jail time a possibility?

I want the same.

If it was a rational argument given and not just some thrown away comment(we can afford him easily ), I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Did you even see how much Ibra brought in with shirt sales? I've got no proof we would make that amount. You've got no proof that we wouldn't. But imo we would. There's no definitive until it happened

Its not even that..its all posturing and only a select few clubs could afford him not that they would pay the ridiculous money quoted. Also isnt jail time a possibility?

Messi got jail time.... 21 months - not sure how similar the cases are but it was a tax related charge and sentence

because of the strange application of Spanish law though, sentences under 24 months don't have to be served..... I'd expect Ronaldo falls in same boat

Dani Alves is stilla great player. Would be a great signing for them.

Messi got jail time.... 21 months - not sure how similar the cases are but it was a tax related charge and sentence

because of the strange application of Spanish law though, sentences under 24 months don't have to be served..... I'd expect Ronaldo falls in same boat

Ronaldo was more money and theres more charges against him

I thought Alves only left Barcelona to take in the more gentle paced Serie A.

Surely moving here now would be a risk. Could be Maicon all over again, who went from looking phenomenal abroad to appalling here.

I thought Alves only left Barcelona to take in the more gentle paced Serie A.

Surely moving here now would be a risk. Could be Maicon all over again, who went from looking phenomenal abroad to appalling here.
That was the plan but he fecked things up by saying Dybala should move at some point to fulfill his potential.

Sandro's potential is huge. Interesting to see if he reaches it, even more interesting that he'll get a crack at it in the Premier League. If/when it's official.

Love Ronnie to death but I dunno, I feel like that ship has sailed. He's still top 2 in the world, but he's obviously massively declined from the player he was a few years ago. He's adapted, credit to him, and become an incredible poacher and goalscorer, but I don't think he'd absolutely tear the league apart. I do hate the CAF obsession with age, but I'm more noting his obvious decline. Even at the start of this season, he looked a shadow of his best. That sort of ineffectual form may start to last a little longer as he gets older, so there'd be an element of risk to this potential move in my opinion. I do imagine my opinion is in the minority though.
I share your opinion.
However I still think he'll be able to score 25 league goals for the next 2 seasons. I think that's how good he has managed to adapt his game.

He isnt leaving RM ffs
Exactly. I have stopped reading this thread because of the paucity of tweets and prefer the transfer tweet tab instead. Baseless and purposeless discussions going on and on and on...

Walker staying at Spurs then I take it
Nah. City currently have no right backs so need to buy two. Can't see both Walker and Alves being happy on the bench though but the increased wages for Walker along with a move back up North would probably keep him content for a season or two.