Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

How do Inter expect us to pay 45m for Perisic when a younger and better player, Salah is going for 35m?

Because we're United and if the rumors are true we've literally identified him as our desired wing. They have the power.

Also does anyone else feel like this window is soooooooo much more incredibly slow than other windows? Feels like there are more players getting married than players switching teams...

Because we're United and if the rumors are true we've literally identified him as our desired wing. They have the power.

Also does anyone else feel like this window is soooooooo much more incredibly slow than other windows? Feels like there are more players getting married than players switching teams...
Yes. People are reacting as though everyone else have signed tons of players. They haven't. It will take off soon.

Yes. People are reacting as though everyone else have signed tons of players. They haven't. It will take off soon.

I think people are panicking because we wanted our business done before the tour, highly doubtful that's going to happen. We'd need a signing a week for the next 3 weeks.

I think people are panicking because we wanted our business done before the tour, highly doubtful that's going to happen. We'd need a signing a week for the next 3 weeks.
We signed two players the night before going on tour two years ago.

We speak with our partner @Renascenca, Rui Viegas (@RMCV). "Nothing has changed since yesterday"

"I don´t want you to leave" Zidane phoned Cristiano to tell him that is vital for his winning project for his competitive spirit and goals

Not 100% sure on the figure but more than the Pogba fee

More than £90m? Is there a source?

From what I understand we sold about 2.5m shirts in total. That seems to be an increase of around 0.8m on the previous year.

Pogba sold the most, so at best Ibra would account for ~0.35m additional sales.

Say £60 per shirt that's ~£20m in sales. Say also the profit United makes on each shirt is even £10, that would mean an absolute maximum of under £4m profit in sales through Ibra.

Did he not earn something like £15m per year so therefore didn't even get anywhere near to paying his own wages.

Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Nah. City currently have no right backs so need to buy two. Can't see both Walker and Alves being happy on the bench though but the increased wages for Walker along with a move back up North would probably keep him content for a season or two.
There's always the chance Alves doesn't quite cut it, too. Extremely unlikely given his ability, but the fullback position in a Guardiola side is grueling. Especially for a 34 year old in his first year in England who realistically could just fall off a cliff physically at any moment. Rotating him and Walker for a year or two would be an impressive tandem.

@Renascenca @RMCV @miguelitocope Reports: "the Club are surprised by the forms of Christian. They don't think to pay the fine or check your contract"

More than £90m? Is there a source?

From what I understand we sold about 2.5m shirts in total. That seems to be an increase of around 0.8m on the previous year.

Pogba sold the most, so at best Ibra would account for ~0.35m additional sales.

Say £60 per shirt that's ~£20m in sales. Say also the profit United makes on each shirt is even £10, that would mean an absolute maximum of under £4m profit in sales through Ibra.

Did he not earn something like £15m per year so therefore didn't even get anywhere near to paying his own wages.

Or am I missing something?

National newspapers reported that. I don't know... i don't write the books for United. Pogba then sold the most shirts and pretty sure I seen a tweet saying adidas have said Pogba sold £190million worth of shirts worldwide. But not sure how accurate that is

I share your opinion.
However I still think he'll be able to score 25 league goals for the next 2 seasons. I think that's how good he has managed to adapt his game.

He would dominate the premier league for the next 2 years if he signed. No doubt at all

Are you trying to claim that United made more money on sales of Zlatan shirts than Pogba's fee?
I'm not claiming anything. I'm saying what I've seen reported. The money generated from Ibrahimovic shirt sales would pay for Pogba. United get a slice of that. Not sure how much as I don't do the books.

Zlatan's was suggested @ £76m at one stage after a few weeks, of that we get 10-15%.

So that's £11.4m at best. That's just a fraction of Pogba's fee ... and an even smaller fraction of his fee + wages.

Why people persist with the "shirt-sales myth" is beyond me.

I think we might end up signing him.

Klopp went out of his way to deny it back in January but he keeps being linked with us by seemingly every journo going . Not sure of theres anything in it or if it's just his agent whoring him out to us to get a better deal out of Arsenal.

He would be another Wijnaldum, technically decent with the odd moment of brilliance but a bit of a nothing player. He'd probably go for a similar fee too, £20-25m which is a good deal for Arsenal if Wenger brings in someone like Mahrez.