Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Isn't this the guy who joined Southampton then realised he didn't like England so immediately left back to Serie A without even playing a game? Yeah I'm sure this one is going to work out...

Please tell us which items will sell us 130m of items, when Man United revenue is roughly 600m from our entire global operations.

It aint about items and shirts imo. That's just something the media has invented.

What Ronaldo would bring to the table is a lot more exposure and attention to the brand. When Man Utd are negotiating new deals or renegotiating our current deals, Ronaldo will have an x-factor and would make the deals more lucrative for the club. Pogba is by far our most marketable player atm, with Ronaldo our marketing department would go into overdrive thinking about the possibilities.

If 130 million is very expensive or not only our club will no. They will have estimates and calculations on how much Ronaldo would bring in revenue.

Another very important point is the sporting side of it. He would literally guarentee a top 4 finish instantly and during his time here. So it's a lot to think about for the club.

I can't stand him. Especially after his #145 bollocks from the Pogba transfer.

I'f i remember correctly, he still wouldn't admit getting the price wrong and continued with his fecking hashtag even when pretty much every single credible media outlet claimed the price was around €105m.

Please tell us which items will sell us 130m of items, when Man United revenue is roughly 600m from our entire global operations.

its not just our merchandise don't forget. It's about commercial deals/ sponsorship that's where most of the money comes. It stands to reason that if you have have players of a certain stature that sponsors will compete to get your signature rather than trying to get a deal

I do not think any item will net us 130 million. Ronaldo is a fast depreciating asset and will probably have no re-sale value (unless the Chinese clubs go crazy even when he is approximately 36).

But assuming a four year contract, I think it's arguable that the increase in marketability, sponsor and actual sales of merchandise may recoup his transfer fee.

The hope is that signing him will also be a very romantic homecoming that brings us fans. And he leads us to being the best team in the world again. And if he continues being the best in the world, it may also elevate our status over Madrid.

But the above assumes many things and ignores the wages we have to pay him. So all in all, no one really knows what will happen save for our finance team and their risk tolerance.

That said, I would personally welcome him back. His drive is insane.

Real Madrid do not support blackmail

Aren't March Madrids mouthpiece?

It may actually make sense for them to want to get rid now while he is still worth megabucks and use the money for his potential replacement in Mbappe.

It'd make sense for us as we need someone to drag us back to the top table and quickly.

The only one it doesn't make footballing sense for is Ronaldo. Unless he's coming back to take Rooneys record, (which would be nigh on impossible for most mortals) I just can't see why he'd want to return.

I'f i remember correctly, he still wouldn't admit getting the price wrong and continued with his fecking hashtag even when pretty much every single credible media outlet claimed the price was around €105m.
To speak the truth, the video in which Higuain says those words does exist and it was shown to Alves during a Brazilian (?) talk-show.

However from the whole video (verst short, roughly 30 seconds) it's not clear whether it's a farewell message or just a greeting.

That said, I think he's leaving

It can't possibly be imminent surely.
They can't sell Morata until this Ronaldo fuss dies down

No source whatsoever. Best to stick with established journos and avoid aggregator sites like this.

My bad
Checked the official marca twitter account nothing on there about this. They're just making shit up. Vile cnuts

Aren't March Madrids mouthpiece?

It may actually make sense for them to want to get rid now while he is still worth megabucks and use the money for his potential replacement in Mbappe.

It'd make sense for us as we need someone to drag us back to the top table and quickly.

The only one it doesn't make footballing sense for is Ronaldo. Unless he's coming back to take Rooneys record, (which would be nigh on impossible for most mortals) I just can't see why he'd want to return.

It's 253 v 118, so he'd need 3 seasons here, putting in his Madrid numbers!

There's no link to the source.

I could easily tweet on caf account:

Ronaldo has agreed a £100M move back to United [manutd.com]

Wouldn't make it any more true.

So they claim, but its still pretty dodgy. Aggregator sites like this are the absolute worst.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/06/17/59452b45ca474116058b45c0.html

It is there but as part of another article. Not really tweet worthy as it's one line.

EDIT: With the next line completely contradicting themselves! Journalism at its finest.

It aint about items and shirts imo. That's just something the media has invented.

What Ronaldo would bring to the table is a lot more exposure and attention to the brand. When Man Utd are negotiating new deals or renegotiating our current deals, Ronaldo will have an x-factor and would make the deals more lucrative for the club. Pogba is by far our most marketable player atm, with Ronaldo our marketing department would go into overdrive thinking about the possibilities.

If 130 million is very expensive or not only our club will no. They will have estimates and calculations on how much Ronaldo would bring in revenue.

Another very important point is the sporting side of it. He would literally guarentee a top 4 finish instantly and during his time here. So it's a lot to think about for the club.
But you fail to see what I am saying.

I agree wholeheartedly with the highlighted statement , but the incremental revenue is unlikely to be much because the United brand is already so massive that it won't change by an amount of 130 mil by signing one player.

He blocked me on Twitter when I told him he was mixing gross and net wages and is a shit "journalist". :lol:

But you fail to see what I am saying.

I agree wholeheartedly with the highlighted statement , but the incremental revenue is unlikely to be much because the United brand is already so massive that it won't change by an amount of 130 mil by signing one player.

Revenue's also increase as you reach higher stages of UCl and win it . A Winner can win up to 86 m pounds.

I don't think he's going to PSG either.

And its utter nonsense that we could recoup that money in marketing and trophies. That simply isn't how finance works.

The incremental income from signing him wont be that much. That's even shown by the fact that our Revenues arent that far off from Madrid' s even without him.

United are marketable even without Ronaldo. He will lead to higher income yes, but nowhere near the outlay it would take.

And no, we can't cover it through shirt sales.
Finally some sense. It's also worth nothing Peter Lim owns his image rights so we couldn't market him to death like we have with Pogba. And I'm sure we don't even receive 100% of the income from shirt sales neither.

I wouldn't sign Ronaldo, that ship set sail when he got his 'dream' move to Real and even tried forcing it. I think China would be the most sensible move for him, he can push his brand etc massively there too.

Finally some sense. It's also worth nothing Peter Lim owns his image rights so we couldn't market him to death like we have with Pogba. And I'm sure we don't even receive 100% of the income from shirt sales neither.

I wouldn't sign Ronaldo, that ship set sail when he got his 'dream' move to Real and even tried forcing it. I think China would be the most sensible move for him, he can push his brand etc massively there too.
This, mostly. Via the Beebs....:

Another point to bear in mind is that this would not be a 'Galactico' move, where the value of commercial endorsements and merchandise sales would help a club recoup money spent on the transfer fee.

Ronaldo comes surrounded by a group of very well-informed advisors, who already have all various commercial deals in place. For a potential buyer like Manchester United, they might look to leverage something from the story of his return to the club, somehow make that commercially attractive, but we are scratching around on the margins really.

Where you can start to make leverage on players is when they are younger - which is why a player like 18-year-old Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe would be a far more attractive proposition. A buying club knows they can make an awful lot back.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40307407

I do not think any item will net us 130 million. Ronaldo is a fast depreciating asset and will probably have no re-sale value (unless the Chinese clubs go crazy even when he is approximately 36).

But assuming a four year contract, I think it's arguable that the increase in marketability, sponsor and actual sales of merchandise may recoup his transfer fee.

The hope is that signing him will also be a very romantic homecoming that brings us fans. And he leads us to being the best team in the world again. And if he continues being the best in the world, it may also elevate our status over Madrid.

But the above assumes many things and ignores the wages we have to pay him. So all in all, no one really knows what will happen save for our finance team and their risk tolerance.

That said, I would personally welcome him back. His drive is insane
As a footballer, I would have him back.

I simply can't see such a growth.

Look at our revenue growth over the last few years
https://www.statista.com/statistics/267735/revenue-of-manchester-united/

That is in dollars. Convert that to pounds.

No player will see us make that big a change in revenues.

But we simply won't do that from
signing Ronaldo.

That isn't to say we shouldn't sign him. But the extra income argument shouldn't be given as the reason.

I think he's too good for China.

The most sensible thing is to stay at Real.