Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

For £131m I'd say we should go for it. But if he wants a "fresh challenge" would that rule us out? I mean he's already won the league and CL with us.

With the reward for qualifying for C.L - paying £120 for Ronaldo would almost be Worth it. He would more or less guarantee that we qualify for the C.L and since he takes better care of his body than 99.9% of all footballers, he can probably be at the same level for 3 seasons more...at least

United are the biggest money makers in football. If anyone can afford it, its us.

With the reward for qualifying for C.L - paying £120 for Ronaldo would almost be Worth it. He would more or less guarantee that we qualify for the C.L and since he takes better care of his body than 99.9% of all footballers, he can probably be at the same level for 3 seasons more...at least
Love Ronnie to death but I dunno, I feel like that ship has sailed. He's still top 2 in the world, but he's obviously massively declined from the player he was a few years ago. He's adapted, credit to him, and become an incredible poacher and goalscorer, but I don't think he'd absolutely tear the league apart. I do hate the CAF obsession with age, but I'm more noting his obvious decline. Even at the start of this season, he looked a shadow of his best. That sort of ineffectual form may start to last a little longer as he gets older, so there'd be an element of risk to this potential move in my opinion. I do imagine my opinion is in the minority though.

For £131m I'd say we should go for it. But if he wants a "fresh challenge" would that rule us out? I mean he's already won the league and CL with us.

Ligue 1 aint no challenge for him. He would like to play where is heart is and where he is loved. That's united if suppose mourinho is intrested and he is moving.

Ligue 1 aint no challenge for him. He would like to play where is heart is and where he is loved. That's united if suppose mourinho is intrested and he is moving.

Real Madrid

I don't want an exact figure. Because no one has that.

But a rational explanation of how 'we would make that easily' because I don't think we would at all.

Why would you think Psg would make that eaisily and not us? We have the money. Marketing is our buisness model, he has a huge marketing potential we could recoup the money in marketing and trophies in 4 years. Plus we have De gea as the leverage with donnarummna contract up in next summer.

Dani Alves still has a few years of top level football left, I hope he isn't going to China for a final payday.

Why would you think Psg would make that eaisily and not us? We have the money. Marketing is our buisness model, he has a huge marketing potential we could recoup the money in marketing and trophies in 4 years. Plus we have De gea as the leverage with donnarummna contract up in next summer.
I don't think he's going to PSG either.

And its utter nonsense that we could recoup that money in marketing and trophies. That simply isn't how finance works.

The incremental income from signing him wont be that much. That's even shown by the fact that our Revenues arent that far off from Madrid' s even without him.

United are marketable even without Ronaldo. He will lead to higher income yes, but nowhere near the outlay it would take.

And no, we can't cover it through shirt sales.

If perisic is worth more than 50, Ronaldo is quite clearly more than 130. Would take him gladly at that price.

And its utter nonsense that we could recoup that money in marketing and trophies. That simply isn't how finance works.

The incremental income from signing him wont be that much. That's even shown by the fact that our Revenues arent that far off from Madrid' s even without him.

United are marketable even without Ronaldo. He will lead to higher income yes, but nowhere near the outlay it would take.

Goodness only knows what he would want in wages, tax free I presume.

It's not that I don't believe you. But I'd like one of the caf finance experts to make the case for why we can afford him easily at 130m.

:drool:

If the asking price is that much an it's not just a trick from Ronaldo to trigger something at Real i can't see him anywhere else but United on the 1st of September.

A few clubs could afford that and I'd say most of those are more likely destinations. I'd suggest that City, PSG, Chelsea, Milan, and clubs from China etc could afford, possibly Juve could too, and most of those clubs don't have a major rebuild on their hands like we do, or a manager who Ronaldo can't work with and hates, like we do.

I won't claim that it could be covered through Marketing, Commerical deals or short sales - It would take a genius to know and prove that. However, success on the pitch and TV money from possibly (possibly) advancing further in the UCL and potentially winning the league, or ensuring a UCL berth over multiple seasons - that's a lot of money. Cover the costs? Who bloody knows!? But there is more to it than shirt sales I'd think, if, and I stress if, he was the catalyst for dramatically improved success for the club on the pitch.

We sell whole lot more items than shirts . You 'd never imagine until you visit a store.

A few clubs could afford that and I'd say most of those are more likely destinations. I'd suggest that City, PSG, Chelsea, Milan, and clubs from China etc could afford, possibly Juve could too, and most of those clubs don't have a major rebuild on their hands like we do, or a manager who Ronaldo can't work with and hates, like we do.
He won't go to City, he wouldn't do that to the fans or SAF. Milan have already spent over half of their budget, and Juve are very crude in their transfers and they also have Higuain so no way he is going there. He won't go to China, he wants to be remembered as the GOAT, he ain't in it for the money. That would leave PSG, Chelsea, and United as likely destinations IMO.

He won't go to City, he wouldn't do that to the fans or SAF. Milan have already spent over half of their budget, and Juve are very crude in their transfers and they also have Higuain so no way he is going there. He won't go to China, he wants to be remembered as the GOAT, he ain't in it for the money. That would leave PSG, Chelsea, and United as likely destinations IMO.

If Abramovich isn't willing to pay 90m for Lukaku, he certainly won't pay 140m for Ronaldo. It's PSG (meh) or us. I think he'll stay.

This, schoolboy economics to suggest otherwise.

I won't claim that it could be covered through Marketing, Commerical deals or short sales - It would take a genius to know and prove that. However, success on the pitch and TV money from possibly (possibly) advancing further in the UCL and potentially winning the league, or ensuring a UCL berth over multiple seasons - that's a lot of money. Cover the costs? Who bloody knows!? But there is more to it than shirt sales I'd think, if, and I stress if, he was the catalyst for dramatically improved success for the club on the pitch.
It wouldn't take a genius, just common sense.

United make so much money as is. The incremental revenue(I.e revenue we will get after signing Ronaldo versus what we would make without him) is unlikely to be much. The reason for that is because we are already earning way above average as is.

Our revenues are mostly propped up by non-football income. We don't need champions league income for that. That's what Woodward recently implied especially with increased amounts from premier league tv rights.

It wouldn't take a genius, just common sense.

United make so much money as is. The incremental revenue(I.e revenue we will get after signing Ronaldo versus what we would make without him) is unlikely to be much. The reason for that is because we are already earning way above average as is.

Our revenues are mostly propped up by non-football income. We don't need champions league income for that. That's what Woodward recently implied especially with increased amounts from premier league tv rights.
Ronaldo thread would be better for this. But don't United stand to take a major hit on the United deal alone with 2 consecutive seasons out of UCL?