Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

That's that what marketing is. Just shirt sales...
Yeah not really sure of the point you are trying to make in your reply to an obvious caf joke? Did you think my post was serious?

If Ronaldo is available (and I don't think he is) any deal for him should be totally separate from the rest of our activity - the rest of Mou's choices should be bought regardless. I'm sure Woody has a 'break glass in case CR7 wants to come back' fund stashed somewhere separate from the usual war chest.

Putting all of our eggs in the hypothetical Ronaldo basket is the same mistake that Moyes made in his disastrous summer window.

Doing flicks and dribbling doesnt mean more talented. His end product is laughably poor for an attacker.

'Talent' is not something clubs look for at the top level from established players; they look for effectiveness. 'Talent' is a word fans use when they can't actually prove that the player is effective. Costa is 26 years old, if he hasnt established any end profuct by now then he probably never will.

A player with not much natural skill that is effective is far more talented than someone that can do magic things with his feet but doesnt contribute to the team.
Being hard working and intelligent are also part of the talents of a player and are usually far more important than skill with the ball.

Perisic at Wolfsburg and Inter has been a good player, and is one of Croatia's standout players. To think that Douglas Costa of all people would be better than him is foolish. I would want someone like Sanchez or Bale above Perisic but if we can't get that caliber of player then Perisic is a solid option.

OFFICIAL: AS Monaco have the announced the signing of midfielder Soualiho Meïté (23) from Lille. He pens a deal until 2022.

What's your stance on Ronaldo's potential departure?
http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/futbol/2017/06/17/59442c74e5fdea8a5c8b4677.html (sorry, in spanish)
It's a good article about what happened. Mendes has created a complex of screen companies that already begins to affect him. Firstly with Falcao, also on trial ( http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/football-leaks/2017/06/14/59411543468aeb320a8b458a.html ), as he points him out as the responsible adviser in tax fraud offenses.
Mendes in the same time appointed to Madrid, to pay the fine with a new contract.
Madrid are willing to support to a certain extent but they don´t want to repeat the role of Barcelona with Messi and will not allow public blackmail. (The article says that the renewal of Messi is stopped because he tries to add the total of the fine)
"Futbolistically" I think it would be a mistake to leave now, in the best moment of Madrid in decades. To say that in Spain he´s treated like a criminal is a mistake. If he wants to go, it would be a great business for Madrid. I thought he´d leave in June 2018 but it would be reasonable to sell now for more than what we paid after 8 years.
Madrid don´t retain players against their will.
My question is how much leverage does Madrid have to demand 200m Euros for a 32 year old? Even if he's the best in the world and signed a new contract recently, I would imagine Ronaldo and Mendes have a lot of influence here.
If Ronaldo is serious about leaving, no bullshite this time and decides he wants to play for United or PSG, the buying club would know that they can offer more favorable terms (say 100m pounds). Now Madrid can just outright decline any offer and tell Ronaldo he's not leaving but an unhappy Ronaldo considering his stature and influence would be a grenade in a locker room and can significantly hurt morale and team chemistry.
Although I believe that marketing revenues are overvalued, it would be a bomb transfer. Imagine the amount of sponsors, t-shirts, attraction and excitement that would generate Cristiano. Receiving the balon d´or as a United player. You could get 3 or 4 very good years of football.
In addition to the moral blow, which I think is what the PSG is lacking and why they´d want him, finally get a super elite player to strengthen their project. I think that is worth at least 150 million.
This is all just too silly words, & the sooner we distance ourselves form any interest in this nonsense the better, your club really is a pain in the arse for us Carvajal.
I'll believe it when I hear it from his mouth. A Bola has published at the most correct time. The confederations cup are a good excuse to not clarify the matter for a couple of weeks.

Nah he doesn't give anything more even if he does have more talent. Anyway according to me doing more dribbles doesn't equate to more talent. It depends heavily on end product.

I don't know what you are saying "nah" to or why. I already stressed that I disagree with you, Costa is a much more talented player than Perisic. Regarding giving more, I posted a comparison matrix of their output in their respective leagues last season on a per 90 metrics in which Costa has Perisic beat in key stats.

Maybe the type of football the manager wants to play is different from yours and hence the players he is targeting.

so what are we even talking about at this point? :confused: off course i'm gonna talk about stuff that i want to see. especially when we have been dreadful for the last 3 months of the season

I agree with what you are saying but I believe a manager will be in a better position to judge a player's ability compared to us as fans.

The manager is also in a better position to know who will fit HIS system better, in this case it's Perisic over Costa.

And? am i supposed to not having a differing opinion because Mourinho wants a player? Like I said, Mourinho is not infallible and plenty players he thought would suit his system haven't

It is possible that Griezmann was our main target to play as a 10, Perisic our main target to play as a winger, Dier as a DM. Does this make Perisic a lesser target than Griezmann or any other player we are after? I don't think so.

i don't care about any of this, you're the one that brought up perisic being a main target like it was supposed to add some weight to people wanting/not wanting him here. i already said that if our main targets are as underwhelming as him i don't mind us missing out tbh, then i questioned how you got to the conclusion he's our main target, that's all

It is okay to feel this way but to wish that our manager misses out on his main target is definitely not okay. After all we only miss out on players we are after.

All the players that we as fans might want but the manager doesn't, we didn't miss out on them.

honestly don't know what you are on about mate, if i don't find a player good enough to take us to the levels i want to see us competing at, i reserve the right to express that i don't want us to get them. hopefully, one of them other clubs will buy perisic, that's all there is to it.

edit - don't want to derail thread further with these walls of text. so to kill this; you guys are not going to manage to argue me down into thinking perisic is a good get. i do not want him. i hope he stays at inter or ends up somewhere else. the same applies for andre gomes and dier.

OFFICIAL: AS Monaco have the announced the signing of midfielder Soualiho Meïté (23) from Lille. He pens a deal until 2022.

It seems that all the rumours regarding Monaco are true. Lets see if Issa Diop, Ghezzal and Karamoh follow.

The context is important, Nasser has spent years blaming French clubs for their prices and Aulas is basically telling him to stop talking shite.

Edit: Also at no points he says that he would sell him to PSG over other clubs, he said that if PSG makes the same offer than other clubs Lacazette can go wherever he wants.

He also said that he sees the benefit in transfer funds being invested in the
Looks like Monaco are selling and buying half a squad.

They have sold just one.

Would much rather see us signing him for 40-50m instead of Morata/Belotti for (nearly) double that, to be honest..

He's proven that he is a great goal scorer for many seasons now. OK, a good percentage of his goals are scored via penalties, however, I can clearly see him thriving in the PL.

He also said that he sees the benefit in transfer funds being invested in the league

That's when context is important, he is talking about buying french players not selling them. He thinks that Monaco and PSG should buy french players and share their wealth, he doesn't think that he should sell french players to other french clubs.

That's what Lyon used to do.

Yeah not really sure of the point you are trying to make in your reply to an obvious caf joke? Did you think my post was serious?
Your wording looked like you were jokingly trying to ridicule his point. Gotta step up your white text game.

That's when context is important, he is talking about buying french players not selling them. He thinks that Monaco and PSG should buy french players and share their wealth, he doesn't think that he should sell french players to other french clubs.

That's what Lyon used to do.

Apologies, that was in my reply box from when we were discussing yesterday, I didn't mean to send that message now.

they sold Nabil Dirar yesterday

True indeed, although he wasn't the most integral part of the team. I think they are selling Germaín too, who is rubbish anyway. The impressive group of coveted players have lost just one so far, and I think they will keep more than expected.

http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/futbol/2017/06/17/59442c74e5fdea8a5c8b4677.html (sorry, in spanish)
It's a good article about what happened. Mendes has created a complex of screen companies that already begins to affect him. Firstly with Falcao, also on trial ( http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/football-leaks/2017/06/14/59411543468aeb320a8b458a.html ), as he points him out as the responsible adviser in tax fraud offenses.
Mendes in the same time appointed to Madrid, to pay the fine with a new contract.
Madrid are willing to support to a certain extent but they don´t want to repeat the role of Barcelona with Messi and will not allow public blackmail. (The article says that the renewal of Messi is stopped because he tries to add the total of the fine)
"Futbolistically" I think it would be a mistake to leave now, in the best moment of Madrid in decades. To say that in Spain he´s treated like a criminal is a mistake. If he wants to go, it would be a great business for Madrid. I thought he´d leave in June 2018 but it would be reasonable to sell now for more than what we paid after 8 years.
Madrid don´t retain players against their will.

All good, I speak Spanish.

Good article, it's peculiar that neither Ronaldo nor Mendes gave any statements regarding alleged transfer request.

I think he wants more money. We had those details about Messi's new contract recently, and being an ego-manial Ronaldo is, he wants to be ahead of Messi in all ways.

But like it says in the article, Madrid won't keep anyone against their will.

Perisic at Wolfsburg and Inter has been a good player, and is one of Croatia's standout players. To think that Douglas Costa of all people would be better than him is foolish. I would want someone like Sanchez or Bale above Perisic but if we can't get that caliber of player then Perisic is a solid option.

I didn't follow up on Perisic's season for Inter, but he was a nothing player for both Dortmund and Wolfsburg. When he went over to Inter for 18m it was considered a pretty damn good deal for Wolfsburg. That he now commands fees of around 50m is nothing short of being batshit insane.:lol:

Higuain posted a video message to Alves on Facebook yesterday and quickly deleted it