Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Marketing is more than just shirts. In fact, shirts are only a small part of it. You put Ronaldo's face on everything club related and it adds value to the brand. It's not necessarily something as clear as direct revenue but image of the club and brand.

Did we own Ronaldo's image rights last time we were here? I dont think we did and was one of the contentious issues when he wanted to join Real, that they have their stars sign over their image rights, i'm not sure we've ever have quite the same with our players.

Don't see the club falling for it and most fans, on here at least, seem quite sensible about all of this.

I guess most of us are just hypothesizing if he comes. We should focus on other targers first to be realistic.

He is. younger too. One is being pursued by CL finalists and is likely going to cost less than the other

Chelsea and PSG are also pursuing perisic. Costa is born in 1990. Perisic in 1989. A year younger. Costa costs £44m too according to reports. In terms of talent there is barely any difference and perisic is more effective

Chelsea and PSG are also pursuing perisic. Costa is born in 1990. Perisic in 1989. A year younger. Costa costs £44m too according to reports. In terms of talent there is barely any difference and perisic is more effective
:wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger:
Have you seriously watched both of them play??

The Morata delay was always an easy story to conjure up.
Real are not selling Ronaldo.... Unless they are reasonable with their pricing, they know he aint leaving

good, hopefully one of them gets him instead of us. I said younger, which he is, and I said likely to cost less, which we'll see. regarding talent, we're in total disagreement.

Yeah. Other than the 2 months under Pep, he has been average most of his Bayern career
However you judge his performances but to claim that Perisic is almost as talented as Costa is just grossly overestimating Perisic.

We DEFINITELY win the league with Ronaldo in our team. It wouldnt be a question of if, but when. Still an irrelevant question considering we're not signing him.

good, hopefully one of them gets him instead of us. I said younger, which he is, and I said likely to cost less, which we'll see. regarding talent, we're in total disagreement.
So you want us to miss out on our main target?

I really don't understand some people in here. It looks like people are more interested on us getting players they want and not those that the manager has targeted and would work best in the system he wants to play.

The players we as fans should want us to get are the players the manager needs to implement his system.

However you judge his performances but to claim that Perisic is almost as talented as Costa is just grossly overestimating Perisic.

So much talented that his goal scoring record is laughable even though he played for the best teams in the league?

So you want us to miss out on our main target?

I really don't understand some people in here. It looks like people are more interested on us getting players they want and not those that the manager has targeted and would work best in the system he wants to play.

The players we as fans should want us to get are the players the manager needs to implement his system.

if our main target is as underwhelming as Perisic? yes, i do. also, i would have assumed we already missed out on our main target this year, that being Griezmann, no? or do you mean current one? if so, how do we know Morata isn't the priority?

there's no diagrams or complicated equations to solve and understand, it's pretty simple really, people are interested in getting good footballers, and i'd assume most of us here, a football forum, which is stomping ground for hardcore followers of the game, watch enough football to have a relatively substantiated opinion on some players. For clarification, I'm not saying Perisic is a terrible or bad player even, I just prefer Costa and think he is much more talented player and more likely to get us playing the type of football i'd like to see us playing.

the notion that because a manager wants a player it means they would work well or better in their system is flawed not matter how many times it gets posted here, managers are not infallible, and as it has been repeated ad nauseam, Mourinho has had his share of transfer flops.

I don't know why people are trying to argue me down into thinking Perisic is the guy we need or something. I'm underwhelmed by Perisic, A. Gomes and Dier and think there are better options available, and that's ok. Besides, if we all were to get on board whenever the manager thinks/does/wants something then there wouldn't be much point to discussion on the forum.

So much talented that his goal scoring record is laughable even though he played for the best teams in the league?
If he wasn't that talented why would the best teams in the league go for him?? Even now Juventus want him. What exactly has Perisic achieved in his career so far??

Yes Costa isn't the best goalscorer but he has skill and pace that can open up a defense and attract defenders towards him opening space for others. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. If you've seen him play you would know that.

I've seen both Perisic and Costa play plenty of times and its obvious Costa is a far more talented player. Maybe Jose sees something in Perisic that would fit Utd and fair enough, he's our manager he knows what the team needs. Perisic may even turn out to be a great signing but to claim that he's as talented a player as Costa is just wrong imo.

disclaimer - its on a per 90 metrics because perisic played more games than costa:

tumblr_oroyptUKsA1r6mcwfo1_400.png

If he wasn't that talented why would the best teams in the league go for him?? Even now Juventus want him. What exactly has Perisic achieved in his career so far??

Yes Costa isn't the best goalscorer but he has skill and pace that can open up a defense and attract defenders towards him opening space for others. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. If you've seen him play you would know that.

I've seen both Perisic and Costa play plenty of times and its obvious Costa is a far more talented player. Maybe Jose sees something in Perisic that would fit Utd and fair enough, he's our manager he knows what the team needs. Perisic may even turn out to be a great signing but to claim that he's as talented a player as Costa is just wrong imo.

Doing flicks and dribbling doesnt mean more talented. His end product is laughably poor for an attacker.

I think they mean 400 including what Madrid would save in wages.
200m€+50m€gross*4 years.
My question is how much leverage does Madrid have to demand 200m Euros for a 32 year old? Even if he's the best in the world and signed a new contract recently, I would imagine Ronaldo and Mendes have a lot of influence here.

If Ronaldo is serious about leaving, no bullshite this time and decides he wants to play for United or PSG, the buying club would know that they can offer more favorable terms (say 100m pounds). Now Madrid can just outright decline any offer and tell Ronaldo he's not leaving but an unhappy Ronaldo considering his stature and influence would be a grenade in a locker room and can significantly hurt morale and team chemistry.

I just prefer Costa and think he is much more talented player and more likely to get us playing the type of football i'd like to see us playing.
Maybe the type of football the manager wants to play is different from yours and hence the players he is targeting.

the notion that because a manager wants a player it means they would work well or better in their system is flawed not matter how many times it gets posted here
I agree with what you are saying but I believe a manager will be in a better position to judge a player's ability compared to us as fans.

The manager is also in a better position to know who will fit HIS system better, in this case it's Perisic over Costa.

i do. also, i would have assumed we already missed out on our main target this year, that being Griezmann, no? or do you mean current one? if so, how do we know Morata isn't the priority?
It is possible that Griezmann was our main target to play as a 10, Perisic our main target to play as a winger, Dier as a DM. Does this make Perisic a lesser target than Griezmann or any other player we are after? I don't think so.

I don't know why people are trying to argue me down into thinking Perisic is the guy we need or something. I'm underwhelmed by Perisic, A. Gomes and Dier and think there are better options available, and that's ok.

It is okay to feel this way but to wish that our manager misses out on his main target is definitely not okay. After all we only miss out on players we are after.

All the players that we as fans might want but the manager doesn't, we didn't miss out on them.

I think they mean 400 including what Madrid would save in wages.
200m€+50m€gross*4 years.

This is all just too silly words, & the sooner we distance ourselves form any interest in this nonsense the better, your club really is a pain in the arse for us Carvajal.

Amazing there are people who actually think the only way you can market the world's greatest player is through shirt sales.

Nah he doesn't give anything more even if he does have more talent. Anyway according to me doing more dribbles doesn't equate to more talent. It depends heavily on end product.

Having more talent has no relevance if you can't translate it to end product. If you don't have the end product, it's useless doing stepovers and dribbles.

I tend to agree but a lot of people seem to rate Costa massively.

They just tend to base it on his initial months at Bayern imo. Then his one game in CL where he destroyed bellerin against arsenal. Most Bayern fans seem to call him one dimensional and unreliable.