Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Does anyone think he might have one eye on his statistics? Leave Madrid with perfect figures and move to a league where he can score another 200 goals in the next 5 years and have an untouchable record?

leontas

He's coming home, he's coming home,
He's coming,
Cris is coming home!

But in all honesty he's probably after more money to fulfill his tax obligations.

As much as I would love to see him back, I just can't see it happening.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Jeez, if this going to be like whole summer, there will be suicides among ManUtd fans here and around the world when he signs new contract with RM. Worst of all is that we have to listen/read all kind of "experts" on how he feels, without those experts even ever meet him let alone talked to him. Can not wait for transfer window to close, it has been one day, and it is already extremely annoying. When I get back here in the morning, there will be 40 tweets, and 34 will be about Ronaldo and how the author knows where he will go. It's gonna be a looong summer. God help us.

theralyst

Does anyone think he might have one eye on his statistics? Leave Madrid with perfect figures and move to a league where he can score another 200 goals in the next 5 years and have an untouchable record?
Doesn't he have more than a goal per game in a Madrid shirt? I honestly think he's the type to be bothered if it ever fell below that.

Shuriken

Who the feck is that
A pretty well respected French football journalist actually. One that has also promised that Pogba "will definitely carry United for years to come, don't you worry United fans" … not an exact quote though. :)

Mr Smith

It'd be pretty frustrating if Liverpool got got Salah for this much and we paid 10m more for Perisic, who's at best a player of the same quality. Like, I know 10m doesn't mean much in this market, but it still stings...

Cantona_Forever

He's not Rooney. His body is perfect and he takes care of himself so well like Zlatan. His form at the end of this season proves he still has about 3 years in him at least.
That's not how it works mate. If he has 3 good years in him he will demand 6 years contract, with wage that will best all his pals at Madrid.
His contract at Real will keep him until 36 already. Could you imagine how long he will ask of us? It will be Rooney MK II all over again but with 3X wage problem. I think we already learnt our lesson. Clearly not everyone did.

maybe later rather than sooner? who knows?

point is, the reward outweigh the risk. you take the chance every time.
See above. It won't outweigh.
First, the mega fee we will pay for him will turn to dust. He's already 32. There will be zero resale value.
Second, the mega wage he will demand will hinder us for years and years. Right now our wage structure is already close to 50% of our profit.
Third, performance. I think many already forget how little Zlatan moves at 35, and how extremely tired he was in League Cup final. That's in the middle of February, and that's Zlatan that everyone says quite unique.
It's in our best interest to NOT have a discussion about whether our most expensive player at 35 is hindering our play, yet again.

We don't sign players based on whether they are seen as ascending or declining. We sign them based on how good they are in the present and whether they will help us win trophies.
We also sign player based on what they supposedly give us through the whole length of contract, hence why we didn't give Zlatan multi years one. Ronaldo will not come to us with those contracts so let's not even entertain it so the fecker, and all the press, can use our name to their benefit.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
That's not how it works mate. If he has 3 good years in him he will demand 6 years contract, with wage that will best all his pals at Madrid.
His contract at Real will keep him until 36 already. Could you imagine how long he will ask of us? It will be Rooney MK II all over again but with 3X wage problem. I think we already learnt our lesson. Clearly not everyone did.

See above. It won't outweigh.
First, the mega fee we will pay for him will turn to dust. He's already 32. There will be zero resale value.
Second, the mega wage he will demand will hinder us for years and years. Right now our wage structure is already close to 50% of our profit.
Third, performance. I think many already forget how little Zlatan moves at 35, and how extremely tired he was in League Cup final. That's in the middle of February, and that's Zlatan that everyone says quite unique.
It's in our best interest to NOT have a discussion about whether our most expensive player at 35 is hindering our play, yet again.

We also sign player based on what they supposedly give us through the whole length of contract, hence why we didn't give Zlatan multi years one. Ronaldo will not come to us with those contracts so let's not even entertain it so the fecker, and all the press, can use our name to their benefit.
He's amongst the greatest players of all time. If you get the chance to sign him you sign him.

Now I don't think he'll move but if he did he'd instantly propel us back to where we need to be. 2 more years struggling like we have is a much bigger risk than Ronaldo not producing the goods.