Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

M4YON

Fair points, but I think every league other than England and Spain are a step down. France and Italy are about a step down, Germany and Portugal two steps down.
Juventus reached the CL final, Monaco reached the Semi final, no English club got close so how can you say that? What matters is that the player plays for a club that can compete to win the CL and the League title there are clubs in both France (PSG) and Italy (Juventus) that can do that.

Saf94

His tweets on this are pointless as he won't know anything about Mourinho or Woodward's thought processes since this story literally just broke.
Didn't Jorge Mendes say there were already offers from the Premier League? I'm sure he informed clubs before he leaked it to he media so United have probably known this for longer than we have

M4YON

Didn't Jorge Mendes say there were already offers from the Premier League? I'm sure he informed clubs before he leaked it to he media so United have probably known this for longer than we have
Where did Mendes say that?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

No thanks.

And people question whether Ronaldo would be worth the money.

It reminds me of the Fergie period where we kept shelling out £8-10m on players you couldn't ever see making it, the Manucho,Diouf, Dong, Bebe types, when we should have just bunged £25-30m on what then would have been a quality starter

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can see Jose not wanting Ronaldo.

They fell out at Real with Jose feeling that Ronaldo thought he was a know-it-all and didn't want to follow instructions.

Jose has an ego as big as Ronaldo's and simply won't pander to him.
But Jose is a huge pragmatist, and any supposed fall out didn't influence his goal scoring numbers and the team's performance.

We could give Ronaldo a completely free role and make the rest of the team work around it. He's one of the few players who would warrant that

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine if we spent 50 million on fecking Dier instead of going for Fabinho.
It's the mad scenario, that we generally wouldn't dare going to Tottenham for one of their players as they'd ask incredible money, and then we end up asking about someone who wouldn't be in even the top 6 you'd go for!

Kane
Ali
Eriksen
Fullbacks
Alder..

el3mel

They're asking 50m for Dier and people still think they'll accept 120m only for Kane.

They'll value Kane for about 150-200m or so.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They're asking 50m for Dier and people still think they'll accept 120m only for Kane.

They'll value Kane for about 150-200m or so.
And the value of Ronaldo is 150-200m too. He's better player than Kane in every department. Only Kane is obviously much younger.

izec

Yep, the 40m quoted a few months ago was rubbish, as i said. I also said he would cost 50m or more and we will be dumb enough to go for him. Tragic whats happening right in front of us

Peanut Butter

Nothing new in Perisic and Morata.

Ousmane Dembele has been linked to us as he's been liking United tweets specifically the Lindelof signing. He's also been linked to Barcelona.
Thanks!

I would love Dembele at Utd - just can't see it happening but you never know.

itso 7

Yep, the 40m quoted a few months ago was rubbish, as i said. I also said he would cost 50m or more and we will be dumb enough to go for him. Tragic whats happening right in front of us
Which is why we need a DoF to rein in the excesses of these managers. We are in the midst of clearing Van Gaal's mess where he left us with a threadbare attack yet our supposed messiah wants us to spend a near world record fee on an unproven striker, 50m on an average DM who has never won anything and another 50m on a shit winger from the deadbit league that the Serie A has become whilst City are sweeping up World Class potential with relative ease and paying reasonable fees. Unless common sense returns to our recruitment we will remain shit on the pitch and in constant rebuild mode.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Dier should be kept at CB where he belongs! He has above average passing for a CB but in no other league would you see him operate in the middle of the park (think he had one or two games there breaking through in Portugal).

We'd be daft to pay £50m on a centre half to put him in midfield, that's why we're far behind the top teams! Look at Martinez at Bayern, excellent on the ball and would have been a really good central midfielder, but his qualities were suited to that of a CB in a top club.

izec

Which is why we need a DoF to rein in the excesses of these managers. We are in the midst of clearing Van Gaal's mess where he left us with a threadbare attack yet our supposed messiah wants us to spend a near world record fee on an unproven striker, 50m on an average DM who has never won anything and another 50m on a shit winger from the deadbit league that the Serie A has become whilst City are sweeping up World Class potential with relative ease and paying reasonable fees. Unless common sense returns to our recruitment we will remain shit on the pitch and in constant rebuild mode.
Yep, we will be rebuilding every 3 years at this rate and spendig record fees on players not worth half the money. So frustrating

zeekey

I know the responses I'll get for saying this but that's not a bad price in this market
I'm glad you went first.

I was honestly expecting £60-70m due to him being a key player for them. Levy. English tax. Rival club. Considering they got him for £4m from Sporting a couple a years back, that's a tidy profit. I still think it's less likely than Ronaldo, mostly for the reasons already stated. (£50m might be plucked out of the air also).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm glad you went first.

I was honestly expecting £60-70m due to him being a key player for them. Levy. English tax. Rival club. Considering they got him for £4m from Sporting a couple a years back, that's a tidy profit. I still think it's less likely than Ronaldo, mostly for the reasons already stated. (£50m might be plucked out of the air also).
If the figure is correct and if he really is a priority signing for Mourinho (over Fabinho for example) then this will be a transfer that happens

A lot of ifs there though

ilovethisgameahahah

All i know is that a midfield of Dier, Herrera and Pogba would be extremely dull when in possesion with both Dier and Hrrera relatively useless at anything other than winning the ball back. If teams manage to neutralise Pogba, they will neutralise us.

On a positive note, if we do sign Dier i can see Darmian being replaced with an attacking left back so our left wing might have a bit of potency again.

itso 7

Yep, we will be rebuilding every 3 years at this rate and spendig record fees on players not worth half the money. So frustrating
The sad thing is that we are so far behind our rivals and spending ridiculous figures on average talent doesn't do anything to close the gap. It would be so like us to give Spurs the 50m to pursue a much better player who we will be drooling over in a couple of years. Something needs to be done otherwise we will bleed money for little to no improvement.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Nothing new in Perisic and Morata.

Ousmane Dembele has been linked to us as he's been liking United tweets specifically the Lindelof signing. He's also been linked to Barcelona.
he is, he did? Haven't seen anything. Great! Ed, go get him!

Oh dear, that's a terrible shame, too expensive. Now, isn't there that guy that plays for Monaco, lets go have a wee look at him...
:lol: It has been awhile since I laughed out loud like I have when I read your post. Thanks.

ovoxo

All i know is that a midfield of Dier, Herrera and Pogba would be extremely dull when in possesion with both Dier and Hrrera relatively useless at anything other than winning the ball back. If teams manage to neutralise Pogba, they will neutralise us.
He's not though. He wins the ball back and presses, but there's been times where he's played a ball through behind the defence this season. His passing is fairly good. It's not at the highest level, but he's hardly useless at it.

ilovethisgameahahah

He's not though. He wins the ball back and presses, but there's been times where he's played a ball through behind the defence this season. His passing is fairly good. It's not at the highest level, but he's hardly useless at it.
Yeah he's not totally useless going forwards on the break but against packed defences he offers nothing other than defensive work. Hopefully Pereira gets a chance to shine next season for some games against the minnows, i think he's a better player in possession of the ball.