Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

GM K

This Ronaldo talk is probably a Real leak to get us to hurry up with Morata. If Cristiano is sold, Morata will stay. So we panic and stump up the 90m.
Then we should walk away. Simple.

Flytan

This Ronaldo stuff could potentially scupper any Morata deal and any chance of a Bale deal if there was one.
It could also help push it through because if Ronaldo is leaving you know very well that Madrid will want that galactico signing to replace him and do whatever it takes for someone like Mbappe or Hazard

el3mel

So it (the declining) will come soon. Maybe sooner rather than later, who knows?
He's not Rooney. His body is perfect and he takes care of himself so well like Zlatan. His form at the end of this season proves he still has about 3 years in him at least.

Pavl3n

It could also help push it through because if Ronaldo is leaving you know very well that Madrid will want that galactico signing to replace him and do whatever it takes for someone like Mbappe or Hazard
If he's really leaving you could expect another world transfer record. At least £120m. But I just can't understand where could he go. I can't picture him in a club other than us or RM.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If a truly world class player becomes available, who the fans adore and would more than pay for himself in the time he was here, there is absolutely no way we wouldn't be interested.
Whether Ronaldo would want to come back and work with Mourinho is a different matter, but if Mourinho has, as some have suggested, changed since being here, i can't see why he wouldn't.

Of course, i still believe this will end with Ronaldo renewing his contract and staying with Real

Flytan

If he's really leaving you could expect another world transfer record. At least £120m. But I just can't understand where could he go. I can't picture him in a club other than us or RM.
Well it's going to be somewhere with lower tax rates that's for sure. It depends how much of a mercenary he actually is. China/US would give him insane money. PSG will give similar money and he'd still be in the UCL.

If he actually leaves the favorite should be PSG

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If a truly world class player becomes available, who the fans adore and would more than pay for himself in the time he was here, there is absolutely no way we wouldn't be interested.
Whether Ronaldo would want to come back and work with Mourinho is a different matter, but if Mourinho has, as some have suggested, changed since being here, i can't see why he wouldn't.

Of course, i still believe this will end with Ronaldo renewing his contract and staying with Real
How long does his contract have to go. I thought he only renewed it a short time ago, so any longer it is pushing him to the well over the hill bracket. There again he is the sort who would want to retire at Real and have all the razamataz that would entail.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Bloody hell, first Griezeman and now, potentially, Morata deals both scuppered by events beyond our control!

Phil

feck off, what sane human "isn't keen" on Ronaldo for the world's richest club.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
How long does his contract have to go. I thought he only renewed it a short time ago, so any longer it is pushing him to the well over the hill bracket. There again he is the sort who would want to retire at Real and have all the razamataz that would entail.
Runs until 2021, signed a new one last year on £365k a week apparently, but Messi is due a new contract soon, and you know for a fact his wages are going to be immense.
Unless it's genuine and he really doesn't want to be at Real anymore. We'll likely find out soon, but i think a U-Turn is coming soon

DomesticTadpole

Runs until 2021, signed a new one last year on £365k a week apparently, but Messi is due a new contract soon, and you know for a fact his wages are going to be immense.
Unless it's genuine and he really doesn't want to be at Real anymore. We'll likely find out soon, but i think a U-Turn is coming soon
Same here and I am not falling for it.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This Ronaldo talk is probably a Real leak to get us to hurry up with Morata. If Cristiano is sold, Morata will stay. So we panic and stump up the 90m.
I really doubt they are gonna risk upsetting their star player over the sale of Moratta. Anyway this story broke from Ronaldo's end, not Real's.

prtk0811

So what ? You're refusing to bring 2nd best players in the world that just led his team to the double, destroying Bayern, Ateltico and Juve in Cl with his goals because he's 32 ?

I know about Caf members obsession with age but this is far too much tbh.
Even at 32 he has still top 5-6 years left in him because of his fitness. He can play till 40 too like giggs.

DomesticTadpole

He isn't coming here. Why do we always get taken in? He wants to retire there. He wants the stadium named after him. Have an avenue of statues leading up to it.

He's a sulky child in a mans body.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The "signing a declining player to be the central part of the team" is mental. Let this declining mega player be other's problem, preferably Real's until he retires. For our sake, let's pray we are not that foolish.
We don't sign players based on whether they are seen as ascending or declining. We sign them based on how good they are in the present and whether they will help us win trophies.