Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Sigma

English source: Niang to Liverpool to schedule visits with Everton. Not a surprise

Devil may care

English source: Niang to Liverpool to schedule visits with Everton. Not a surprise

Everton are getting their business done, I imaigne they are spending the Lukaku and Barkley money in advance.

Mr Smith

maybe Jose sees Herrera as that DM and wants another #8. I only see us being linked with #8s Sanches, Bakayoko in January now this guy
Possibly. But do we think (and more importantly, would Jose think) a midfield 3 of Herrera-Pogba-Gomez is defensively and positionally disciplined enough to play against the best teams in the league and in Europe? I'm skeptical, still feel we really need a DM>

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
This has popped out of nowhere. If anyone's wondering he's a tall 23 year old attacking midfielder, has been playing in Turkey with Besiktas on loan. Done pretty well too, from what I've seen of him in Turkey he's not afraid to take on defenders, good dribbler and has a ridiculously good long pass. Positioning and free kick are good too.

He tends to fall over a lot, and his pace isn't the fastest, but tends to be strong enough to allow other options when the defender catches up with him. He would be a handy player but he's not someone that came to mind due to not immediately looking for someone that plays his position. Also concerned about the difference in class from Turkey to EPL. Suspect this is just baloney.

Dong Fangzhuo

I'm sure he'd love to play for us, but he's just getting his name out there. Maybe he has a media shy agent.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
He's definitely angling for a move. There was a lot of talk about it a few months back, with Liverpool being the rumored club. I can't see us signing him though. He's exactly the type of player I'd expect them to sign (Coutinho/Firmino at best, but could be worse than either depending on adaptation). We need better.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
He's definitely angling for a move. There was a lot of talk about it a few months back, with Liverpool being the rumored club. I can't see us signing him though. He's exactly the type of player I'd expect them to sign (Coutinho/Firmino at best, but could be worse than either depending on adaptation). We need better.
I think Liverpool were linked with him when BR was still in charge. I haven't really heard any more rumours regarding Talisca and Liverpool this year. But as you mentioned, we are Liverpool. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if after all the big names / prices in the press, we end up with someone like him in our squad.

prath92

Someone is paying 20m for Niang. At least one good news for Milan fans on the day their best player decides to leave

wiz4231

:lol:
Get in!! This is the transfer what I've been waiting for. Been linked with all players I'd want us to sign, Morata, Di Maria, Gomes

4-3-3

Herrera
Gomes...........Pogba
Di Maria..............................Mickey
Morata

4-2-3-1

Gomes............Pogba
Di Maria...........Mata.............Mickey
Morata

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's super talented, maybe not the right mentality, although he wouldn't be the first to have a tough debut season. I wanted him last summer, but then we got Pogba, so I don't see the need now.
I agree he is an awesome talent and would not be sad to see him here.

Z_Wolf

Get in!! This is the transfer what I've been waiting for. Been linked with all players I'd want us to sign, Morata, Di Maria, Gomes

4-3-3

Herrera
Gomes...........Pogba
Di Maria..............................Mickey
Morata

4-2-3-1

Gomes............Pogba
Di Maria...........Mata.............Mickey
Morata
What? I don't think I have ever seen a midfielder as bad as him.

zeekey

Are Everton spending Lukaku money or money from the new owners to persuade him to stay?
Can't see us going after Gomes or Talisca personally. Not Gomes anyway.
Conte is a storm in a tea cup.
Madrid and United have started talking today? Thought Morata was signing Monday gone?

United Pro

From Fabinho done deal to Fabinho off - now Andre Gomes. I love muppet season :)
Tbf the last reliable link we've had with Fabinho is from Di Marzio about 6 weeks ago. Since, we've been linked by randoms saying that it's a done deal, but no one really reliable. We've clearly briefed recently that we're not interested in Fabinho though.

Anduin

On paper their midfield looks really good Schneiderlin, Gana Gueye and Klaasen
I think that's the most "Everton midfield" I've ever seen. Good, but not quite good enough to progress. Schneiderlin is not cut for a top club as we've seen, I personally don't really rate Klaasen that highly except his goalscoring ability and Gana is a good water carrier, but never good enough for the very top. Decent midfield, but will keep Everton where they are: 7th. Especially if they sell Lukaku in the process...

Anduin

Marca citing A Bola (Portuguese paper): Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid and has already told Florentino. His decision is firm and he won't change it anymore, all to do with the tax case looming in the background.
Last week A Bola had a report that a bid of €180m will arrive at Real's headquarters.

flappyjay

Sportwitness citing L'Equipe: Bakayoko has chosen Chelsea over both Manchester clubs. €30m offer made so far, #CFC transfer likeliest outcome.
B.S if both manchester club's were involved there would have been a bidding war which the winner would probably end up paying €45m+

Peanut Butter

Let me just nip this in the bud.
Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid.
Breaking news Ronaldo signs contract extension.
This just in, Ronaldo wishes to end career at Madrid
Rinse repeat until 2022
Indeed. It's incredibly boring. Don't want Ronaldo linked with us anymore - we need to look forward not backwards.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Let me just nip this in the bud.
Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid.
Breaking news Ronaldo signs contract extension.
This just in, Ronaldo wishes to end career at Madrid
Rinse repeat until 2022
And £180m for a guy with 2 years maximum at this level left in him!

wiz4231

What? I don't think I have ever seen a midfielder as bad as him.
Did you ever watch him at Valencia, or against man city last season? IMO he would be the perfect partner for Pogba in both formations.

wiz4231

No. I've watched him all season last season for Barcelona. He was woeful beyond belief.
Fair enough. I think he's very talented and would make a good partnership with Pogba. Well better than the other Midfielders we've been linked to

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he's better than what he showed at Barca, their style of play just didn't suit him 1 bit.

Saying that though I would still prefer Fabinho, unless he just wants a pure backup to Pogba/Herrera.