Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

dichinero

The standard of players we are getting linked with is just dropping by the week.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

CONFIDENTIAL | Real Madrid tries to calm Ronaldo so he does not leave the club trib.al/zjGOrRL Informa @jfelixdiaz

top1whoisman

Scout

So the earlier quote about offer for Lacazette was fake. Don't know whether we should really trust this account or not. Apparently they got the quote from this account:

Redfan94

Coincidence that this Ronaldo speculation news pops up the same week Messi is set to renew his contract taking him above Ronaldo in wages?

I think not.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Smells like new contract talks to me. He will cost a ton if he ever leaves, and at 32 going 33, I am torn between wanting to see him wear our no.7 again against re-building our team to suit him. If I use my head to think about it - the costs involved and his age, I rather spend the money on other players like Dembele or someone like that.
And so it begins... again!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

So the earlier quote about offer for Lacazette was fake. Don't know whether we should really trust this account or not. Apparently they got the quote from this account:

I think that account is just an aggregate. It just collects rumors from other sources.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

In my opinion we should not trust them. On at least a couple of occasions they distorted L'Equipe claims.

top1whoisman

Scout
I think that account is just an aggregate. It just collects rumors from other sources.
It is true, and that's why I'm wondering if we should post their tweets, as clearly not all of the sources they quote, can be trusted. Guess it's good as long as the poster actually checks the actual quote in the articles.

Dong Fangzhuo

We better not waste our time getting involved in this Ronaldo nonsense once again. That ship sailed for good in 2009, time to get over it and move on.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's going to be a great free signing for whichever club can control his discipline.
A few months ago the rumor was that he was Monaco bound, that would be a good gamble.

AshRK

It is sad how the deal goes so smoothly within two french clubs or two german clubs and even italian clubs but the moment an english club enters it becomes a hoopla and all hell breaks loose. I know premier league top dogs have money but it's not like Bayern or psg or real madrid and barca don't have any money. Something doesn't add up.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It is sad how the deal goes so smoothly within two french clubs or two german clubs and even italian clubs but the moment an english club enters it becomes a hoopla and all hell breaks loose. I know premier league top dogs have money but it's not like Bayern or psg or real madrid and barca don't have any money. Something doesn't add up.
This is a site of an English club with English speakers. So most people are going to be following what is coming out of the English speaking press. Because of that we will see almost every rumor involved with English clubs and for clubs in other leagues we will not here about it until the deal is completed.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
It maybe because the selling club in those leagues are poor which means they can't say no to medium sized bids.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just hope this Ronaldo bollocks doesn't delay our Morata deal.

Surely we won't fall for this nonsense again.

Dong Fangzhuo

Relax, I was assured on here 2 weeks ago that we'd have our business done in time for the tour :)
Plenty of time left for that to happen, and I think it will as long as Woody doesn't get sucked into this Ronaldo BS and doesn't waste time trying to sign players from Spurs/Chelsea.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just hope this Ronaldo bollocks doesn't delay our Morata deal.

Surely we won't fall for this nonsense again.
It won't delay it. It'll kill it.

Won't half speed up our Ronaldo deal though.. :devil::wenger:

AshRK

It maybe because the selling club in those leagues are poor which means they can't say no to medium sized bids.
But when the same player is wanted by a top english club especially Manchester United the price becomes double.

Like somewhere I read that Lyon's president will prefer to sell lacazatte to a french club than to english clubs. Like I don't understand what benefit will that have. Another example roma or inter don't think twice when selling a player to juventud but when a united or Liverpool bids for their players they play hard ball aka persic and salah. It's not like juve is any poor. They do have money.

roonster09

Scout
But when the same player is wanted by a top english club especially Manchester United the price becomes double.

Like somewhere I read that Lyon's president will prefer to sell lacazatte to a french club than to english clubs. Like I don't understand what benefit will that have. Another example roma or inter don't think twice when selling a player to juventud but when a united or Liverpool bids for their players they play hard ball aka persic and salah. It's not like juve is any poor. They do have money.
That's wrong. Not sure when was the last time they had transfers between them but Pjanic's was release clause so Roma couldn't do anything.

Re, first point. Any examples? Because Benfica didn't sell Sanches cheaply to Bayern, Dortmund sold Hummels for 38 Million when he only had year left on his contract. Same with Mkhitaryan and ManUtd.

AshRK

That's wrong. Not sure when was the last time they had transfers between them but Pjanic's was release clause so Roma couldn't do anything.

Re, first point. Any examples? Because Benfica didn't sell Sanches cheaply to Bayern, Dortmund sold Hummels for 38 Million when he only had year left on his contract. Same with Mkhitaryan and ManUtd.
But that's my point right, Bayern are no poor club. Like can you imagine aguero joining us for free like how lewa joined Bayern. My point is the transfers goes through with minimal of fuss.

Wesley sneijder saga another example. Inter demanding huge fees but ultimately sold him for very less to a Turkish club. I just don't think real madrid would have played a hard ball if morata had agreed to join ac milan instead of us. Maybe for a change we should stop accepting the demands of other clubs and go for less known players and build them aka bailly lindelof

roonster09

Scout
But that's my point right, Bayern are no poor club. Like can you imagine aguero joining us for free like how lewa joined Bayern. My point is the transfers goes through with minimal of fuss.

Wesley sneijder saga another example. Inter demanding huge fees but ultimately sold him for very less to a Turkish club. I just don't think real madrid would have played a hard ball if morata had agreed to join ac milan instead of us. Maybe for a change we should stop accepting the demands of other clubs and go for less known players and build them aka bailly lindelof
That's what I'm saying, English clubs are all very rich and when the contract is running out they usually sell.

Sneijder - it was a big saga, there are many reasons they they sold him cheap. Main reason being they wanted to offload his wages.