Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Crashoutcassius

I think he's better than what he showed at Barca, their style of play just didn't suit him 1 bit.

Saying that though I would still prefer Fabinho, unless he just wants a pure backup to Pogba/Herrera.
I reckon we do and he is good value at that price he is like 22 or 23 and strong as an ox.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he's better than what he showed at Barca, their style of play just didn't suit him 1 bit.

Saying that though I would still prefer Fabinho, unless he just wants a pure backup to Pogba/Herrera.
I agree, I'd definitely take him for a knock down fee, though. He's still young and he does have talent.

Johan77

Sirigu and Trapp linked with moves away, who will they put between the sticks?
Areola was their first choice from september until february last year, before and after that Trapp was first choice. So I guess they have faith in Areola then.

pascell

Areola was their first choice from september until february last year, before and after that Trapp was first choice. So I guess they have faith in Areola then.
Of course I completely forgot about him.
They are obviously interested in Donnarumma but, I think they are also looking at Toulouse's Alban Lafont.
That'd be a good signing for them

gr3yham3

Smells like new contract talks to me. He will cost a ton if he ever leaves, and at 32 going 33, I am torn between wanting to see him wear our no.7 again against re-building our team to suit him. If I use my head to think about it - the costs involved and his age, I rather spend the money on other players like Dembele or someone like that.

Anduin

I'd pay €100-120m for him, the commercial aspects would cover a fair part of his salary and the transfer fee. He'd probably bang them in for another 3-4 years here, and the fear factor alone would make us contenders immediately. I reckong he is Woody's dream signing :lol:

OohAahMartial

Smells like new contract talks to me. He will cost a ton if he ever leaves, and at 32 going 33, I am torn between wanting to see him wear our no.7 again against re-building our team to suit him. If I use my head to think about it - the costs involved and his age, I rather spend the money on other players like Dembele or someone like that.
Would fleeing Spain really help him avoid his legals cases as well as his tax? Can anyone actually afford him?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
The amount of people that just came in their pants is unbelievable.

We won't sign him. He'll cost around the same as Saudi Arabia's GDP, he's 32, and he'll get a new contract.

Romantic, yes. Realistic, no.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Would fleeing Spain really help him avoid his legals cases as well as his tax? Can anyone actually afford him?
On the first part - I don't think its to help him avoid his legal case, because that just wouldn't be feasible, its far too high profile.

I think it's more to do with his overall happiness, possibly some influence from his family too especially his mother. Despite his huge ego, Ronaldo has shown himself to be a good guy over the years.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's coming home to finish the cereal versus Corn Flakes debate; it's the new Messi v Ronaldo.

Will Singh

I'd pay €100-120m for him, the commercial aspects would cover a fair part of his salary and the transfer fee. He'd probably bang them in for another 3-4 years here, and the fear factor alone would make us contenders immediately. I reckong he is Woody's dream signing :lol:
When Woody next contacts them, they'll say "so Mr Woodward we need more money for Morata" Woody "feck Morata how much for Ronaldo"!!!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
All this Lukaku money talk because of our signings isn't the case. We can afford these players without selling him. This doesn't mean I think he's staying though.

Infra-red

I don't see Ronaldo and Mourinho working together again. If he leaves (he won't) he'll be going elsewhere.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Not a tweet, but Sky says:

Carlos Tevez says he doesn’t know where he’ll be playing his football at the end of the Chinese Super League season.

The Argentine striker moved to Shanghai Shenhua from Boca Juniors in December, but has scored just once in his last six matches.

"Honestly, I do not know what I'm going to do at the end of the year,” he said.
Probably misses home so a move to Europe would make sense.

RC89

Any idea how many years he has left on his contract? Ronaldo might be 31 but he will bang in 30+ goals a season for at least another three seasons. The commercial pull and the on field performances would still warrant a big fee. No sell on potential is the biggest consideration.

MUFC OK

Posted in Ronaldo thread, my bad. Doesnt confirm hes leaving, just says there are differing reports from Portugal and Spain

Lastwolf

Any idea how many years he has left on his contract? Ronaldo might be 31 but he will bang in 30+ goals a season for at least another three seasons. The commercial pull and the on field performances would still warrant a big fee. No sell on potential is the biggest consideration.
4 years 5 months, he signed a new contract last November.

Pavl3n

There were rumors RM would be renewing the contracts of a few players (I know Kovacic was one of them), but I don't recall reading Cristiano's name among the rest. He might be thinking, if everyone is getting a pay raise, why am I not getting one?

Sterling Archer

Brilliant news about Ronaldo. We need a different rumor to distract us while Woody finalizes our transfers.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

“Alexandre Lacazette was told he could leave… we had negotiations with Atletico. Things did not work out. We now have a very nice offer from Arsenal… But for us he will not leave.”
I guess maybe he doens't want to go to Arsenal then.

Lastwolf

No, he's not going to jail, at worst he'll have to defer payment, the narrative is more that "feck Spain, that's the last money they'll make out of me" kinda thing, that might vaguely give him some wiggle room in the case.

People can afford him, but his age and length of his contract means it's not even viable for anyone to bid for him, Real are trying to get £78 mil for a sub, they'd want 200+ for Ronaldo. He's ego won't allow him to down tools and sulk, so Real don't have to do shit.

This is a pointless exercise.