Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Giving him 5 games would be generous for the caf.
I’ll go ahead and say i’m very sceptical to the Zirkzee signing right now, and its not even official yet. Would love to be proved wrong though.

I’ll go ahead and say i’m very sceptical to the Zirkzee signing right now, and its not even official yet. Would love to be proved wrong though.
Likewise! This signing feels like a Mount, maybe all first signings of a window give off that vibe. Would love nothing more than being proven wrong though.

That's fine, healthy scepticism is normal, but don't be one of those people who confirms they were right after one or two games!

That's fine, healthy scepticism is normal, but don't be one of those people who confirms they were right after one or two games!

No - in true Caf-standard - he should make that decision long before the second game :)

Agreed. Very skeptical. I like the others we’re linked to though.

Zirkzee didn't play much in the god-awful Dutch side we just saw, that says something. I know his player profile is unique and supposedly he offers several different aspect to his game different from a traditional 9, but I too am skeptical.

Agreed. Very skeptical. I like the others we’re linked to though.

You guys have been hurt to many times the last year. I have decided to learn from my 10 year old son, every player we sign is best in the world until proven otherwise. Other than that he is ready to buy a Yoro shirt the second he signs (if he signs), he has signed him countless times on EA FC

Zirkzee didn't play much in the god-awful Dutch side we just saw, that says something. I know his player profile is unique and supposedly he offers several different aspect to his game different from a traditional 9, but I too am skeptical.

I think it is ok to be skeptical about Zirkzee, he is nowhere near the finished product, let's hope it works out for the team as he has some qualities that can be useful in the right setup.

Whilst I am sceptical of any young player touted as being something or somebody, I am feeling more pragmatic, I am thinking he is a direct replacement for Martial, he is dirt cheap the way we have structured the deal, but even at full cost still a cheap buy in todays market, and lets face it in order to be an improvement from the Martial of the last few years ain't going to take a lot, so I am feeling this is already a massive positive signing before I have even seen him kick a ball.... I am not pinning anything else on him, as per the he will transform Hoijlund, he is Ronaldinhio mark II etc...

What was God-awful about them???!!!

Guys Koeman made a defensive sub as soon as they scored. That should tell you something about his teams. Being skeptical of a player because he doesn’t get picked by koeman is a bit silly

God awful is obviously over the top, but they are a pretty poor Dutch side. Strong at the back but average as hell in midfield without Frenkie and their best attacker is the distinctly average Gakpo.
Totally agree. Personally I think they are one of the weakest Dutch teams in years. Honestly, England should have comfortably beaten them rather than struggle

Totally agree. Personally I think they are one of the weakest Dutch teams in years. Honestly, England should have comfortably beaten them rather than struggle

Yep, they were missing 3 CMs, at least two who were starters and the third would probably have started in the absence of the other two.

Whilst I am sceptical of any young player touted as being something or somebody, I am feeling more pragmatic, I am thinking he is a direct replacement for Martial, he is dirt cheap the way we have structured the deal, but even at full cost still a cheap buy in todays market, and lets face it in order to be an improvement from the Martial of the last few years ain't going to take a lot, so I am feeling this is already a massive positive signing before I have even seen him kick a ball.... I am not pinning anything else on him, as per the he will transform Hoijlund, he is Ronaldinhio mark II etc...
Yeah Martial comparison/ replacement seems about right. Lets hope hes fit enough to steadilly improve. But at this price is almost no risk transfer. Good deal for us. Also with the chances the goals will come and good alternative to Hojlund although abit inexperienced.

My signings shall always be dutch.
I would be happy with Zirkzee , De ligt and Xavi Simons. No idea where Simons would play but between Martial , Sancho and Antony surely he would be a better option than any of those 3 . Get those 3 and then if we can pull of Yoro and Ugarte I think that's a pretty good Window

I would be happy with Zirkzee , De ligt and Xavi Simons. No idea where Simons would play but between Martial , Sancho and Antony surely he would be a better option than any of those 3 . Get those 3 and then if we can pull of Yoro and Ugarte I think that's a pretty good Window
Unless we get Ugarte or alternative for midfield it is a disaster of a window, especially if Casimero leaving like anticipated.

Spine of team imperative to improve, whereas wingers, etc… a bonus. Simons falls into the bonus category for me.

I wonder how many of people who are sceptical about Zirkzee ever saw him in action.

I wonder how many people who want him have seen him in action. It’s amazing the amount of niche football, fans on the caf consume on a regular basis.

That’s fair but he did win Serie A young player of the year so he’s hardly some clogger who can barely kick a ball like a lot on here would have you believe.

That’s fair but he did win Serie A young player of the year so he’s hardly some clogger who can barely kick a ball like a lot on here would have you believe.
Won it ahead of his own teammate Calafiori who would also have been eligible and the Caf is wanking themselves silly over that guy. Why not give the guy a chance. People are so desperate to write him off even before he kicked a ball for us.

I wonder how many people who want him have seen him in action. It’s amazing the amount of niche football, fans on the caf consume on a regular basis.

Yes the niche market of one of the Top 5 leagues in European and by extension world football which is available to watch on TV in the UK and Ireland on channels you would access European and Premiership football from.

It's just so impossible to conceive that some people have seen him play. Where? how? We'll never know.

Yes the niche market of one of the Top 5 leagues in European and by extension world football which is available to watch on TV in the UK and Ireland on channels you would access European and Premiership football from.

It's just so impossible to conceive that some people have seen him play. Where? how? We'll never know.

Bologna are a small side, let’s not conflate Serie A viewership with Bologna viewership.

The OP I responded to questioned how many who were sceptical watched Him and Bologna, asking how many who were pro Zirkzee watched him was a fair question.

But what about the philosophy of X, Y and Z?

Love if we can bulk up our midfield with bit more quality.

Ugarte and another good midfield option.

Think Manoo and Bruno are starters but if we can get in another couple of options I'd be happy.

Alot of games next season so be nice that we don't see a drop in quality if were to rotate.

Starting to see more links to Chiesa with Juve’s interest in Sancho. What does the Caf think of that? I don’t watch Serie A, but he looked pretty good at the Euros.

Starting to see more links to Chiesa with Juve’s interest in Sancho. What does the Caf think of that? I don’t watch Serie A, but he looked pretty good at the Euros.

I'd have him in a swap deal with Sancho. He may not be a starter but its good to have options on the wings.