Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

If we somehow convince Yoro to come here I will dare to get a tiny bit excited for the season ahead.

Not too excited about this one as we lack goalscorers in the team. Bruno and Rashford we're the usual ones but their numbers have dropped significantly, Hojlund only scored 10 which is not so bad considering the little service and chances he had.

Hopefully he's about to break out and start putting decent numbers because right now his stats arent anything to be hyped about.

Florian Petterberg the paid Bayern whore has been ferrying the De Ligt to United story far too much. He's a certified weasel.

Not too excited about this one as we lack goalscorers in the team. Bruno and Rashford we're the usual ones but their numbers have dropped significantly, Hojlund only scored 10 which is not so bad considering the little service and chances he had.

Hopefully he's about to break out and start putting decent numbers because right now his stats arent anything to be hyped about.

this is my concern too - where are the 40/50 extra goals that the top three teams scored over us going to come from

If we somehow convince Yoro to come here I will dare to get a tiny bit excited for the season ahead.

I am already buzzing. No changes to the squad at all and everyone being more fit / adapted to each other is enough to show a big improvement. We did finish 3rd the season before. But with all of the changes happening I can't wait for the season to start. Just hope we can get De Ligt a reasonably full pre-season with us and start with close to our strongest XI on day 1 of the league.

this is my concern too - where are the 40/50 extra goals that the top three teams scored over us going to come from

Providing service to Hojlund would be an extra 10, and then you've got to think Rashford improves his numbers as he doesn't usually have 2 complete disaster seasons in a row. Garnacho seems on the brink of adding a lot of goals to his game, he came close a lot last season and as he gets stronger with age, you'd expect more chances to open up to him.

A settled base allows attackers to take more risks which leads to more opportunities to score and more goals as a result. We are often so timid going forward because every attacking trip is a premium because we are so awful at the back and everywhere else.

I have the same
A settled base allows attackers to take more risks which leads to more opportunities to score and more goals as a result. We are often so timid going forward because every attacking trip is a premium because we are so awful at the back and everywhere else.

There is some truth to that. There were many times when Garnacho would be forced defend near the fullbacks normal position just because we were under so much pressure. Obviously this is going to happen sometimes but I think it was a lot more often than is ideal.

Young players are allowed to be inconsistent, especially young defenders. His performance against Pool showed that he has big potential.
Indeed. I guess it just speaks to my pessimistic outlook that I can't look past the Bournemouth performance when forecasting his future.

I have the same

There is some truth to that. There were many times when Garnacho would be forced defend near the fullbacks normal position just because we were under so much pressure. Obviously this is going to happen sometimes but I think it was a lot more often than is ideal.

Some natural growth from young players should be expected as well. Nunez had a better 2nd season at Liverpool. No reason Hojlund, Garnacho and few others can't improve.

Either he can join Real and walk through some trophies - or join us and really get a challenge. Should be easy really - come join us :)

I do find it surprising how many young players sign for Madrid. They've done a good job generally at bringing them through gradually in recent years but there has been a log jam at times in the midfield with Camavinga, Tchouameni, Modric, Kroos, Valverde, Ceballos etc.

Next season they'll have Bellingham, Guler and Brahim Diaz all for one spot. Rodrygo, Endrick, Vini Jr and Mbappe for 2 spots up front potentially.

You would think Odegaard or Take Kubo would be seen as more of a cautionary tale. Even Tchouameni was rumoured to be available last summer at one point.

I do find it surprising how many young players sign for Madrid. They've done a good job generally at bringing them through gradually in recent years but there has been a log jam at times in the midfield with Camavinga, Tchouameni, Modric, Kroos, Valverde, Ceballos etc.

Next season they'll have Bellingham, Guler and Brahim Diaz all for one spot. Rodrygo, Endrick, Vini Jr and Mbappe for 2 spots up front potentially.

You would think Odegaard or Take Kubo would be seen as more of a cautionary tale. Even Tchouameni was rumoured to be available last summer at one point.

The thing is you're not going to go to a nobody club from Madrid. If Tchouameni moved last summer he'd have been looking at Liverpool or someone of that ilk. As for the forwards they could easily all play as a front 3 Vini Mbappe Rodrygo works quite well

Some natural growth from young players should be expected as well. Nunez had a better 2nd season at Liverpool. No reason Hojlund, Garnacho and few others can't improve.

that is true. I’m more worried about the lack of facilitators though - players who are going to unlock a defense with a sublime pass. I think that has been a big reason for our lack of goals. We have Bruno but who beyond that? Erickson is older now and possibly leaving. I like Mainoo but I don’t think that’s necessarily his strongest trait. I don’t think it’s Mount’s strongest trait either.

if you look at a team like City, they have multiple players who can do this: De Bruyne, Silva, Foden, Rodri. I think we need to get better in this department.

also when you fix up the foundations you can win games 1-0 again. We have plenty of class able to knick a goal. 2008 football is going to take years of meticulous planning and some major risks to get anywhere near. It’s great to see us finally starting to do all the right things all at once. Almost like we want to win!

Olmo would basically be the end of Mount before he's had a chance to show what he's got. Although I do think he'd be an upgrade, I can't see Ten Hag pulling the plug on Mount so soon.

Olmo would basically be the end of Mount before he's had a chance to show what he's got. Although I do think he'd be an upgrade, I can't see Ten Hag pulling the plug on Mount so soon.
Mount showed nothing to suggest that he offers anything to the team last season. Utterly baffling signing.

Only way we’re signing Olmo is if we’re cashing in on Bruno. Don’t see that happening though.

The thing is you're not going to go to a nobody club from Madrid. If Tchouameni moved last summer he'd have been looking at Liverpool or someone of that ilk. As for the forwards they could easily all play as a front 3 Vini Mbappe Rodrygo works quite well

That's true, but if they switch to a 4-3-3, another midfielder will miss out. I think Ancelotti will have to manage everyone's time carefully this year.

That's true, but if they switch to a 4-3-3, another midfielder will miss out. I think Ancelotti will have to manage everyone's time carefully this year.

Yeah I'm not sure what they do with Valverde this year even though I see him as their best midfielder.

Olmo has a poor injury record himself so I would find it an odd signing to say the least.
I'm not arguing in favour of signing Olmo just pointing out that Mount has been a waste of space so far. I hope he proves me wrong this season.