Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

No way we want Alvarez. We could have signed him last summer and didn’t and West Ham would want a massive fee. I swear sometimes these journalists are just throwing out ETH linked players to rile people up.
Of course they are, and the rabid nutters on here will lap it up.

What? Why?
Because for the first time in history of football and transfer business, I see one club to offer 20% :eek: sell on clause to the club that the player has been loaned to.And we've been paying most of his salary at the same time.This is ridiculous and shameful.

Don't worry, he's a good source. :+1:

Edit : On the topic, I just wish the transfer fee is a bit higher but I don't think Italian clubs have that much money lying around. I guess this is the best we can get.
Player + cash could be tempting

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the approach. People just love to moan.

Edit: it’s also bizarre how certain posters seem MORE annoyed with Murtough than with the player himself.

Oath - I'm just glad we might be able to get rid of him. No issue with Murtough making that deal - but I'll always look down on Getafe as being an opportunist cnut of a club with no moral compass. I already thought Lazio were a scum club so no change there

What I'm seeing here is that:

A: we're skint, so can't do anything until we sell.
B: nothing has changed in terms of scouting and transfers.

My guess is that we haven't managed to get a scouting structure in place, and as usual, the people at the top don't really know what to do so we default to asking Ten Hag who he wants because after all, he did win the FA Cup right?

It feels very much like the on-field United in that, no matter how much the personnel changes, the curse persists and we have the same problems every season.
Can’t change much if the persons steering the ship are still on gardening leave

Because for the first time in history of football and transfer business, I see one club to offer 20% :eek: sell on clause to the club that the player has been loaned to.And we've been paying most of his salary at the same time.This is ridiculous and shameful.
And that makes this time the lowest for the club? Weird logic considering there's been way worse things that have affected the club over the years than this.

And getting rid of that scrote last summer was worth it anyway no matter the percentage if it is true.

I don't get the furore over the 20% thing, yes it's (possibly) unprecedented but it was an exceptional circumstance.

The alternative was no-one would take him and he stayed with United and if further weighed down our season.

That's not to say we couldn't have negotiated better, and got something done which didn't include that clause, but it's done now. The people who brokered it don't even work for the club anymore.

Olise seems to me as more of an option if/when Sancho and Greenwood get sold.

It's not a title winning duo (yet) but Garnacho and Amad on the RW for another season is the least of United's worries and 50-60 million can be better spent on other areas.

I don't get the furore over the 20% thing, yes it's (possibly) unprecedented but it was an exceptional circumstance.

The alternative was no-one would take him and he stayed with United and if further weighed down our season.

That's not to say we couldn't have negotiated better, and got something done which didn't include that clause, but it's done now. The people who brokered it don't even work for the club anymore.

We've known about the 20% for ages, it was reported at the time when he went to Getafe. We arguably wouldn't be getting anyone bidding for him now if he hadn't gone in loan there.

It was sensible under the circumstances and blaming Murtough is just plain weird. If anything, Richard Arnold leaving it that late to make such a mess of things gave us no time and no position to take anything other than what we were given.

And even still, we now stand to gain up to £30m for a player who hasn't played for (or even trained with) us in two and a half years.

This is why we should not have gotten rid of the feeder club system, especially since I believe we were one of the first clubs in the PL to implement it. Incredibly frustrating this Tobido bit.

Any good young players we can trade for Greenwood from those scrappy Italians?

And that makes this time the lowest for the club? Weird logic considering there's been way worse things that have affected the club over the years than this.

And getting rid of that scrote last summer was worth it anyway no matter the percentage if it is true.
I think that you can't see logic, because your mind is driven by hate.

Branthwaithe is too expensive. I‘d go for De Ligt, we would see him rediscover his Ajax form. Juve and Bayern didn‘t get the best out of him. His passing ability and progressive dribbling have been under utilized.

We can get him at a cut price (40 instead of 80 million €) whereas Branthwaithe will cost 70£ pounds probably. It may be a shrewd deal.

The fact that someone is a former eredivisie player shouldn‘t matter. Get over yourselves, Ronaldo9 was eredivisie.

In this case, it is an advantage; we know what Ten Hag can get out of him.

Bidding war for Greenwood please.

Even under the circumstances, it does feel that £30 million is on the lower end of what we could get, especially if Getafe do get 20% of the fee.

Fenerbahçe has started official contacts to add Victor Lindelöf, who plays for Manchester United, to its squad!

I see he fits the moral standards and ethical code required at Juventus.
You're not wrong unfortunately. Real would be another. It is still painful for me to watch him go somewhere else - if we put his personal demons aside of course - could see him returning to his best and then some. Oh how I thought we already had RvPs successor in the house before all this.

Fenerbahçe has started official contacts to add Victor Lindelöf, who plays for Manchester United, to its squad!

There's no way they could offer anywhere near the wages he's currently on and if he's willing to take that sort of paycut, offer him a new contract at United on similar lowered terms. He's one of our few reliable defenders and provides important cover. At best we'll get £8-£10m for him with just a year left on his contract and there's no way we could get a player of his ability for that price in the current market. Just give him a new deal with reduced wages. Rather get rid of Maguire.

https://archive.ph/5Qzr6

United made an initial bid of £43million, consisting of a £35million fixed sum with £8million in add-ons, for the 21-year-old defender, but the Merseyside club value their player at £70million. Negotiations are continuing but United will not rush to make another bid, believing that Everton need to be more realistic with their pricing.
Unless a compromise can be reached United are likely to focus on other targets, including the Lille defender Leny Yoro, although they would face competition for the 18-year-old from Real Madrid and Liverpool.

I'm assuming here Lindelof would be OK for a pay cut knowing he'd play regularly + be under Jose who really likes him.
If they can take him for 15-20m + 30m for Greenwood we're in a very good space. Offloading Casemiro on top means we'd probably have ~£80m in sales before considering Sancho and Wan Bissaka outgoings.

If our net budget was £50m, we might be looking good for a £150m kitty.

2 CBs may run us close to £100m in my opinion, a LB will be around £20m and £30m at least for a striker.

I don't love the situation personally, think we need to sell more or maybe have a better starting point than £50m. Maybe with Europa that's gone up a bit, Ornstein said it might be a little higher now.

I'm assuming here Lindelof would be OK for a pay cut knowing he'd play regularly + be under Jose who really likes him.
If they can take him for 15-20m + 30m for Greenwood we're in a very good space. Offloading Casemiro on top means we'd probably have ~£80m in sales before considering Sancho and Wan Bissaka outgoings.

2 CBs may run us close to £100m in my opinion, a LB will be around £20m and £30m at least for a striker.

I don't love the situation personally, think we need to sell more or maybe have a better starting point than £50m. Maybe with Europa that's gone up a bit, Ornstein said it might be a little higher now.

I think the reported 50m is click bait. We apparently have a low budget every year and tend to spend big.
Also, with how this FFP stuff works, if we ended up selling players, any one we bring in is spread over the cost of a contract, so a 50m player over 5 years on 100k a week (5.2m per year) works out at 76m total, with a yearly ffp outlay of 15.2m per year

I could be talking absolute BS to be fair, but I think thats how it works (Inserts green laughing emoji)

Shifting Lindelof, Casemiro and Greenwood for respectable money would be as good as any signing in my book.

No chance we get the bolded amount for Lindelof. Fred money at best.

Some people have absolutely no common sense when valuing transfers. Have a look at average transfer fees in the Turkish league.

No chance we get the bolded amount for Lindelof. Fred money at best.

Some people have absolutely no common sense when valuing transfers. Have a look at average transfer fees in the Turkish league.
Alright calm down mate.

No way we want Alvarez. We could have signed him last summer and didn’t and West Ham would want a massive fee. I swear sometimes these journalists are just throwing out ETH linked players to rile people up.

God I hope this is not true. He's such a limited player a destructor but nothing else, he's not technically good enough to play for a big team he'll also be 27 by the start of next season so he isn't really a youngster you can develop what you see is what you get. Wouldn't mind having him as a squad option but he cost West Ham 30-35M, I don't think they'll sell for less than 45-50M that's way too much for a player of his quality.

Alright calm down mate.
Apologies if my post was somewhat aggressive. I'm just fed up of all these FIFA/Championship Manager scenarios people keep dreaming up on here.

We will only get decent money for our players if they're sold to the Premier League or Saudi.