Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Like I said, at the right wages, if Sterling ends up at United, he's arguably our best attacker. And like it has been mentioned in this thread, not every signing we make needs to be a 21 year old with the world as their promise.

Sterling is a better player than Sancho, he's a better player than Antony and Rashford. Garnacho and Amad have promise, but it's also good to have an experienced player around.

Last edited:
Potential Sterling signing goes against our model to sign young players with high potential.

Feels like a Casemiro type signing, we’ll have issues moving him in once he’s past 31.

We should rather go for another direct left winger, Rashford clearly can’t be the first choice LW. Waiting for a Nico Williams like player next season is also an option.

Chiesa also, if we can facilitate it via Sancho. Also not sure but if Rodrygo is somehow surplus to RM requirements, we can go for him as well if he’s available for aroind 60-70m fee
Thing is we can’t ONLY sign young players with high potential. Thing about potential is it can remain just that. We’ve also signed nobody that has played in the premier league in this window. Sometimes getting a player where you know what to expect is great for the squad.

Like I said, at the right wages, if Sterling ends up at United, he's arguably our best attacker. And like it has been mentioned in this thread, not every signing we make needs to be a 21 year old with the world has their promise.

Sterling is a better player than Sancho, he's a better player than Antony and Rashford. Garnacho and Amad have promise, but it's also good to have an experienced player around.

I don't understand how people aren't seeing that he'd be our best winger. Rashford, Antony and Sancho offer nothing, and we can't go the entire season depending on the young and inexperienced Garnacho and Diallo.

I don't understand how people aren't seeing that he'd be our best winger. Rashford, Antony and Sancho offer nothing, and we can't go the entire season depending on the young and inexperienced Garnacho and Diallo.

Yeah as long as we're not paying him a fortune he isn't a bad option to have. His was more effective than any of our wingers last year wasn't he?

Potential Sterling signing goes against our model to sign young players with high potential.

Feels like a Casemiro type signing, we’ll have issues moving him in once he’s past 31.

We should rather go for another direct left winger, Rashford clearly can’t be the first choice LW. Waiting for a Nico Williams like player next season is also an option.

Chiesa also, if we can facilitate it via Sancho. Also not sure but if Rodrygo is somehow surplus to RM requirements, we can go for him as well if he’s available for aroind 60-70m fee
Whilst not particularly wanting to sign sterling, as long as it’s not a casemiro length contract, could be ok for a couple of seasons. The main issue with casemiro is the length of contract, still got 3 years hasn’t he?

Most Utd fans don't care too much with Sancho leaving, he'd contribute next to zero this season for us, but surely we can ask for better players from Chelea's harem to come our way than Sterling? If it were not for Juve being the other interested party, I would be quite confident we wouldn't do business with Chel but Utd just want Sancho out of the club, and for once, I don't blame them!

Reckon so.

It suits both parties.

All this talk about negotiating independently for each transfer is balls. Both signing need to be independent deals but mutually agreed to help both clubs financially.

Expect personal terms for both players will be broadly the same and a financal deal between the clubs to offset valuations.

But I expect the price of Sancho to be a lot higher than Sterling....

Whilst not particularly wanting to sign sterling, as long as it’s not a casemiro length contract, could be ok for a couple of seasons. The main issue with casemiro is the length of contract, still got 3 years hasn’t he?

2-years for Casemiro. We might have an option to extend by one year though. Sterling has 2-years on his Chelsea deal so we could do a similar 2+1 contract. He gets to leave on a free at the end for MLS/Saudi.

Yeah let's trade one ineffective underperforming winger for another, great idea. We might as well keep Sancho.

Yeah let's trade one ineffective underperforming winger for another, great idea. We might as well keep Sancho.
I guess we can make some money on top of it tbh. I doubt we'd accept a straight swap with Sterling, there has to be financial benefit for us to even consider this.

Our phones need to have automated replies when Juve or Dortmund call, that they need to pay their fecking way or they can feck off.

Stop getting into negotiations with clubs who aren’t negotiation in good faith.

You are underselling how useless Sancho has been. Sterling did like 18 g/a last season which if repeated would be more than we can expect from Antony and Sancho.

On a short contract and acceptable wages, it would be a good deal. We need wingers more than another Striker.

Like I said, at the right wages, if Sterling ends up at United, he's arguably our best attacker. And like it has been mentioned in this thread, not every signing we make needs to be a 21 year old with the world as their promise.

He can play left and right forward. Still not a fan of the signing though. I'd rather do a swap deal for Rafinha instead. My main worry with him is his legs. Been playing top level football since 17. How much has he got left in the tank?

Exactly. Its a no brainer for me to have Sterling on loan

My hope is that because we are publically making it known we are negotiating deals that it might force the hand of other clubs who were planning to lowball us on deadline day. Probably Chelsea might hope the same that other interested parties might realise they won’t get Sterling for peanuts now and make a bid.

Both have their problems but the fact they’re not wanted at their clubs mean both could be picked up for a fraction of their market value by a club who want to take a gamble on what they might produce.

2-years for Casemiro. We might have an option to extend by one year though. Sterling has 2-years on his Chelsea deal so we could do a similar 2+1 contract. He gets to leave on a free at the end for MLS/Saudi.
Sterling has 3 years left on his current contract.

Signing Stirling is nuts even if Chelsea paid half his mega wages

Signing Stirling is nuts even if Chelsea paid half his mega wages

I don’t think Stirling has any chance of retaining those wages, he’ll want first team football I think so can imagine a pay off deal will be done with Chelsea, that won’t be for the full amount but it’ll be enough to please him and give his new club a chance to pay him 180k /week or so.

Can’t for a minute imagine Sterling sticking to his guns and ending his career by training with the academy for the next few years.

Sterling is better than anyone we have at the moment, yes it’s short term but he’s extremely experienced and I can’t see a downside, who cares what we are paying him , walks into the team quite frankly

Chelsea and United are only exploring their respective situations at this time and aren't necessarily pursuing it. At this moment, Juventus is further ahead of Chelsea, and we don't know if United will even push for Sterling.

People in here not only advocating for this Sterling deal but actually suggesting Sterling is better than Garnacho. I'm guessing most of these people haven't actually watched Sterling at Chelsea. Even the stats he does have (which aren't great in the first place) disguise how poor he's been there. This isn't the same Sterling from Liverpool and City.