Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

£51m is more than fair. This game of poker will run until deadline day.
£51m is €60m which is pretty much exactly what they paid for him.

Considering he is surplus to requirements and was seen as unsuccessful last year at PSG (based on the setup of the team more than him I believe) then PSG are still playing hardball.

I very much doubt a deal will be struck above €50m. It's a bit of brinkmanship right now considering some of our other targets are now unavailable.

£51m is more than fair. This game of poker will run until deadline day.

£51m is exactly what they paid for him a year ago though.

Since then, they’ve decided he is surplus to requirements and made active moves to sell him.

Would we be expecting to receive the same fee we’d paid for a player in those circumstances?

The ball is in our court here. Hold firm and they’ll meet our price before the end of the window. Otherwise they’re left with an overstocked midfield and one very pissed off player and his agent.

Get it done for £45m.

I think we have offered £35m? Which is obviously too low.

I personally feel £35m is about right for the position he’ll fill in the team. Which beyond this season will be “bench warmer” and somebody we can throw on to kick/WUM the shit out of Pool, City & Arsenal when required.

Maybe throw some achievable add-ons like +£500k each time he goads an opposition player into getting sent off. +£250k each time he kicks a city player more than two feet into the air.

In this case it makes perfect sense to play it cool (as long as we have a backup solution) - they are probably more keen to get rid of him than we are to sign him - and there is no way he would start any of the games before the international break anyway - so there really is no rush to get it done before deadline-day

That makes zero sense, or are you seriously valuing Sancho at 50m euros, guy is trash

For the right club like Dortmund - he is a quality player. He has shown a lot more on a football pitch than Ugarte has

That makes zero sense, or are you seriously valuing Sancho at 50m euros, guy is trash
We bought him for €85 million. PSG paid €60 million for Ugarte, and they don't play him. I think we should be glad you are not in charge of transfer negotiation.

Sancho has done way more at a higher level than Ugarte. We’re taking 30 mil off of what we paid and PSG are wanting the same price they paid for Ugarte who hasn’t worked there…and you think we’re the ones being unreasonable?

Interesting.

We bought him for €85 million. PSG paid €60 million for Ugarte, and they don't play him. I think we should be glad you are not in charge of transfer negotiation.

Sometimes reading this thread the only thing in my mind is “thank feck these people are nowhere near decision-making/positions of power at the club”

Sancho has done way more at a higher level than Ugarte. We’re taking 30 mil off of what we paid and PSG are wanting the same price they paid for Ugarte who hasn’t worked there…and you think we’re the ones being unreasonable?

Interesting.
We would be lucky to get £30m for Sancho the guy has been poor for several seasons, contract is running down, high wages, poor attitude, we clearly don't want him anywhere near the club, had to exile him this season and only a show put on between him and Eth to try and engineer a way out of the disaster, but yeah definitely worth more than Ugarte

Sancho worth more than Ugarte, are you taking the piss? He‘s useless, talent doesn‘t count unless you make it count.

I personally feel £35m is about right for the position he’ll fill in the team. Which beyond this season will be “bench warmer” and somebody we can throw on to kick/WUM the shit out of Pool, City & Arsenal when required.

Maybe throw some achievable add-ons like +£500k each time he goads an opposition player into getting sent off. +£250k each time he kicks a city player more than two feet into the air.

Harsh enough. If someone like McT can play 180 games for United, then Ugarte, an actual midfielder that can tackle and pass, will be fine.

I'm not saying he is going to boss the midfield by himself, but he offers qualities that our other midfielders don't (Cassemiro can't do it anymore).

Sancho worth more than Ugarte, are you taking the piss? He‘s useless, talent doesn‘t count unless you make it count.
Think he was motm in a CL semifinal a few months ago? He can quite clearly be a good player for the right team. Assume wages is the biggest issue.

Harsh enough. If someone like McT can play 180 games for United, then Ugarte, an actual midfielder that can tackle and pass, will be fine.

I'm not saying he is going to boss the midfield by himself, but he offers qualities that our other midfielders don't (Cassemiro can't do it anymore).

Ugarte is good at a lot of things - passing is not one of his strengths

Think he was motm in a CL semifinal a few months ago? He can quite clearly be a good player for the right team. Assume wages is the biggest issue.

What other standout performances can you name since he signed for United?
I’m not being facetious, can you genuinely name more than that game where he stood out, either at United or on loan at Dortmund?

We would be lucky to get £30m for Sancho the guy has been poor for several seasons, contract is running down, high wages, poor attitude, we clearly don't want him anywhere near the club, had to exile him this season and only a show put on between him and Eth to try and engineer a way out of the disaster, but yeah definitely worth more than Ugarte
Sancho contract running down? He’s signed until 2027, just one year behind Ugarte at PSG. It’s not like we’re at risk for losing him on a free. And for all the stuff your saying about Sancho, PSG have been pretty publicly wanting to trade Ugarte and rumors are he’s been vocal about wanting to leave.

A players value is based on what teams are willing to pay. PSG paid 60 mil for Ugarte, he had a bad season, he has a year less left on his contract, but you think he’s worth 60 mil still? No club is going to pay that for him especially when PSG already bought his replacement and it’s well known they want him gone and he wants to leave.

Sancho has had a way more productive career so far but his issues at United and with ETh are public and everyone knows we want him gone. But are we dumb enough to be like PSG and request the 85 mil we paid for him? No. We’re asking like 50 I think and even that is just a public stance. I’m sure we’d sell him for 35-40.

My guess is that if both Uagrte in and Sancho out get done this summer, it’s for a similar price. Ugarte maybe slightly higher due to Sanchos wages being an issue.

I was an advocate for allowing some comments about the Tweet updates, rather than just deleting all responses.

But I think lengthy discussions like the above Sancho v Ugarte should be saved for either of their threads.

Current value should be similar for both players: £25m-35m I'd say. In terms of potential peak value, Sancho - with the right mindset - could be worth big money at some point in the future again. Ugarte on the other hand will never be a player that's worth more than 40-50m IMO. That's why I wouldn't pay more than 25-35 for him.

I don't believe Ugarte to be a 'generational talent' that we can't identify alternatives for. I get that you may have a no.1 target but we hamstrung ourselves by not willing to move on when our fair value is knocked back and then get into this brinkmanship game. If PSG know we'll cave in then they'll hold firm, even though their need to sell is equally significant.

Current value should be similar for both players: £25m-35m I'd say. In terms of potential peak value, Sancho - with the right mindset - could be worth big money at some point in the future again. Ugarte on the other hand will never be a player that's worth more than 40-50m IMO. That's why I wouldn't pay more than 25-35 for him.
Sancho sounds about right, Ugarte is worth about 45 million (PSG paid 51). We may get him for less.

Sancho sounds about right, Ugarte is worth about 45 million (PSG paid 51). We may get him for less.

You realize Transfermarkt valuations are "based on the discussions in the market value analysis" by their registered users, according to the site itself?

Those numbers don't really mean anything. You or I could influence them. Antony was worth €75m at one point on Transfermarkt.

Can you lot bring your extensive opinion about Sancho out of this thread pls?