Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

So AWB rejected WH for Inter. Not sure I'd take Dumfries ahead of Mazraoui.
It feels more likely we'll try to sign someone who can cover FB and CB. So maybe Chalobah? That leaves us light at LCB and LB though if Malacia's return is still TBC. There's been links to Hancko, but we'd probably have to sell one if Lindelof or Maguire first. Maybe both. The rest of the transfer window is going to be very slow as people need to be moved out first

Ornstein is starting to make Romano look like a tap in merchant. He seems to get more and more exclusives for us whilst Romano seems to get mostly recycled info on us now.

Ornstein is starting to make Romano look like a tap in merchant. He seems to get more and more exclusives for us whilst Romano seems to get mostly recycled info on us now.
Ornstein is certainly the chosen one for INEOS fed exclusives

For those of you who can't read the actual article from Ornstein, he states that AWB rejected West Ham and prefers a move to Inter either this summer or next summer on a free transfer. So hopefully we're able to extract some value out of him and fund a replacement this window rather than getting nothing next summer.

Maybe someone can help me understand. Why is the club so hung up on transfer fees when so many of these players are immensely overpaid? Surely the impact of the wages saved should be taken into consideration when evaluating bids. We are not in a situation where we can afford to be picky on bids. The players we want to get rid of are severely limited at absolute best and terrible at worst. If we retain them, we will languish in mediocrity again. You have to take big losses on the fee side if you want to shift them and get better as a team.
Unfortunately you are 100% right.

That’ll take it to 6 first team signings which I don’t recall us doing in any transfer window in my lifetime

It’ll also require a couple of big sales. McTominay is the only one who seems to have attracted a serious firm bid so far

Oh there is no chance of it happening, that's not even including the second midfielder and maybe creative winger (not essential)

Rejected West Ham. Nice! :smirk:

He isn't going anywhere. Will leave on a free next summer and try to get a hefty sign on business. I guess RB is sorted for next season. Sigh.

Well, I think we have more pressing concerns like the DM position, as long as AWB keeps fit one more season

Well, I think we have more pressing concerns like the DM position, as long as AWB keeps fit one more season
Yes it is more pressing, but we apparently need to shift somebody to get a DM. I am still worry we will not score enough goals, but time will only show if that is the case.

If Mazraoui was the best we could do replacing AWB, I'd rather just keep AWB for another year.

We should be focused on signing a fecking left back anyway given both of ours are physically cooked.
AWB is available most games even if he has issues offensively. Mazraoui spent most of his time at Bayern injured. LB is an issue if Shaw cannot stay fit and more of an issue if Malacia is the backup.

I am not worried about AWB staying 1 more year and leaving on a free. Not ideal, but the replacement options being discussed are meh... Left back is a more pressuring position, we need someone that can start right away (please get Ferdi).

If we are not selling AWB, people should forget about us signing a FB, whether it be a left back or right back.

Best case scenario we buy a CB who can play LB. But that means we miss out on De Ligt.

What is with our players screwing us over? Lingard, AWB, Greenwood, Sancho, Di Maria.

Almost seems like their actively running down their contracts or simply doing cnutish things/downing tools as soon as they walk into Carrington.

Frightingly few links to dms now. No dm and this season is looking bleak

I am not worried about AWB staying 1 more year and leaving on a free. Not ideal, but the replacement options being discussed are meh... Left back is a more pressuring position, we need someone that can start right away (please get Ferdi).

That’s the one scenario we really really cannot afford to happen. Literally can’t afford it. FFP is spanking us right now and we’re suffering from the mismanagement of the previous regime. Players leaving for free is something we have to try and avoid. Our finances are screwed. They’re sacking people to save money, letting a 10-15million pound player leave for nothing in a years time would make no sense at all. He is still young and will be good elsewhere, get something for him. Talk of a swap deal with inter for Dumfries who is also on the last year of his contract.

What is with our players screwing us over? Lingard, AWB, Greenwood, Sancho, Di Maria.

Almost seems like their actively running down their contracts or simply doing cnutish things/downing tools as soon as they walk into Carrington.
I’m surprised more players don’t run their contracts down

I'm not sure how AWB has screwed us over? He signed a relatively modest contract which he's honouring. You never hear of him complaining or causing any trouble. He does his job.

But he didn't want to move down to London to play for a lesser club for less money, so now he's on the shitlist?

Not very nice of INEOS to give us a overload of transfer activity to then basicly nothing almost.

Transfer muppets unite against boredom!
Not a surprise at all, it's normal things slow down a bit at this point, we've replaced Martial and Varane. Those are the two main departures. It's smart to get players out first either Maguire or Lindelof have to go or we'll have too many center backs on our hands, same at fullback with AWB and The likes of Casemiro, Scott and Eriksen in midfield.
I think we'll end up with up to 5 signings when the windows is short.

Honestly I think the priority is left back and central midfield now. Ok central defence we are lacking depth and quality but we have currently got 5 on the books (and Shaw can play CB) whereas we have basically half a left back.

Honestly I think the priority is left back and central midfield now. Ok central defence we are lacking depth and quality but we have currently got 5 on the books (and Shaw can play CB) whereas we have basically half a left back.
I am pretty certain we can sign one left back, a CD and a CM without FFP worries - we will be able to get rid of a couple of players, especially if we use Sancho as make-shift.

If we are not selling AWB, people should forget about us signing a FB, whether it be a left back or right back.

Best case scenario we buy a CB who can play LB. But that means we miss out on De Ligt.
We will definitely buy a left back. It's one of our priority positions.

Not very nice of INEOS to give us a overload of transfer activity to then basicly nothing almost.

Transfer muppets unite against boredom!
Sir yes sir! Reporting for duty

I'm here to kick butt and chew bubblegum...and I'm all outta butt

The predictable struggle to shift players appears to be hampering our progress in the window

The predictable struggle to shift players appears to be hampering our progress in the window

Yeah, I for one am shocked we can't find clubs interested in those superstars who performed so brilliantly for us last season.

Harry Maguire is such a damaged goods no club wants him, Lindeløf the same.

We should never put CBS are the sort of wage Maguire is on.

New set piece coach to United

Formerly set piece coach at Arsenal and Brentford. Worked under Wilcox at Southampton too. Really good source, this is happening.

I am pretty certain we can sign one left back, a CD and a CM without FFP worries - we will be able to get rid of a couple of players, especially if we use Sancho as make-shift.
Make shift or make weight? Are you hoping we keep him and play him in a less favored position, or do you hope we sweeten any deal by including him in the sale?

New set piece coach to United

Formerly set piece coach at Arsenal and Brentford. Worked under Wilcox at Southampton too. Really good source, this is happening.

Is there a crime if we hire a coach from the Italian league, I've always like how the set up for set pieces.