Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can deputise for Casemiro at CDM
Can see some mileage in this, he’s just turned 31 last month, United have a good relationship with Madrid , can probably do terms and he can play CB, LB and CDM or CM versatile, only stumbling block price we should go no more than £25-30m max and 3+1 contract.

Our annual signing from Real Madrid. Varane, Casemiro and now Alaba? :lol:
Are you getting on a bit? Being forced down the pecking order by Real Madrids revolution….but still a pretty tidy player?

Have you got a handy CV…..that’s just missing a Carabao Cup?

Welcome to Manchester baby!

Nacional's recent scoops (just from searching their name on this forum) include Tchouameni to Liverpool, Kante to Liverpool, Firmino to Real Madrid, Hazard to Newcastle, Jordi Alba to Napoli, Dalot to Real Madrid... etc, etc.

They flat out make shit up. Nothing to this at all, unless real sources start talking about it.

Wtf? That has come out of nowhere.
This has made me realised transfer window news have actually become a lot more focused. 10-15 years ago there were daily stories linking us to all sorts, now it’s just bullshit ITK claims to the same long saga. Seeing a random link to Alaba makes me think wtf too.

Why does he love it? Shouldn't a footballer want to play? Want to make the Euros for next summer?

It's about roles in my opinion. If it's a squad player in Maguire's position and you're happy in that role, it makes sense. If you're 30, captain of the club and barely play, should you be happy?

Agree with your other points but that one that I’ve bolded is never going to come under threat with Southgate in charge. Barring an injury or getting arrested, Maguire will be at the Euros next summer for England.

Agree with your other points but that one that I’ve bolded is never going to come under threat with Southgate in charge. Barring an injury or getting arrested, Maguire will be at the Euros next summer for England.
It's not Guaranteed at all he would be a Starter with England if he isn't playing regular football Southgate has already hinted at it .

Not so sure of his place anymore. He has only played because England's CB crop since 2018 has been the worst it has ever been. But with Colwill coming up, he will basically play alongside Stones at the Euros if he starts for Chelsea this season.

Who knows. I would have said the same thing about Varane and Casemiro. I know there is a difference but I rule nothing out in sport these days
We know. The source is a borderline fantasy sports newspaper, a quick vetting of the source would've revealed that.

How can you fault one of our players for loving the club?
He "loves" the club because it is the only big club he will ever play for and have wages that he has. Plus saying "I love the club" works wonders in naive people minds, they tend to believe it and want players to stay, cause he so looooves the club.
Look at Rice talking for the last two days, like he never played for WH.

He "loves" the club because it is the only big club he will ever play for and have wages that he has. Plus saying "I love the club" works wonders in naive people minds, they tend to believe it and want players to stay, cause he so looooves the club.

You can't believe a word Rice says. He talks like he never played for Ireland, let alone said it was his proudest moment, or sang rebel songs for that matter.

Alaba actually makes sense. Can play a number of positions at a good level. The sort of thing ETH likes.

Cheers Gareth, you're probably right. But it's a risk nonetheless.

Or its entirely possible that people feel a genuine affection without it being tribal like it is with fans?

Totally reasonable for a player to play for 6 clubs and 'love' 3 of them. He probably does love a lot about the club, he'll know an awful lot of the staff etc behind the scenes very well and likely has a lot of good memories from his time. It won't be such an easy thing to just walk away from, especially as it likely is the pinnacle of what he'll play for. And yes, he probably will love the money he is on but again, that and genuine affection aren't mutually exclusive.

People love companies but move on for loads of reasons literally every day. This honestly just comes across as pretty childish. Human emotions and experience are way more complex than your post suggests.

And yes, it's possible for Rice to fully embrace the new club and experience he's a part of whilst absolutely having a strong connection still to West Ham.

Aaand yes, there will be a degree of it being diplomacy for the sake of diplomacy because again, obviously he is going to be. They obviously need to say the right things at the right times, when you're being paid millions by a company then it tends to matter. Obviously.

Alaba actually makes sense. Can play a number of positions at a good level. The sort of thing ETH likes.
None of which are a priority currently. We're settled for LB and CB as of now and you don't sign Alaba to be a rotation option.

Player do take wage cuts, its not completely unheard of, plus West Ham don't need to match his wage, they can offer him regular football and pay United a transfer fee.

Up to Harry if he wants to be 3rd-5th choice at United or 1st choice somewhere else.

But it is the least of EtH's worries and now that the captaincy has been resolved the "Maguire Issue" is now miniscule.

Player do take wage cuts, its not completely unheard of, plus West Ham don't need to match his wage, they can offer him regular football and pay United a transfer fee.

Up to Harry if he wants to be 3rd-5th choice at United or 1st choice somewhere else.

But it is the least of EtH's worries and now that the captaincy has been resolved the "Maguire Issue" is now miniscule.
We’ve removed the elephant in the room for sure in that he’s not the club captain any longer. But he’s clearly one of the players who could impact our FFP abilities if we sold him. The fact West Ham, who have money to spend and a need for a new captain, might not be able to afford him isn’t a good omen.
They’re an established mid table club with European football so it’s gonna be hard to see who would be in a better position to sign Maguire.

Maguire has probably looked at the track record of players that have left United that haven't been good enough, Lingard as the most recent departure shows how bad things can get. Stay in the comfort zone with guaranteed wages, one bad season at West Ham and hes lost the Euros place and half his salary if he takes a pay cut to join them.

Yeah, there is also the option of us paying him some kind of settlement which may be what his rhetoric is about.

If West Ham pay £30m and give him 150k a week to match their top earners then he’d be looking at a 50-100k a week drop.

His contract runs until 2026 so that’s roughly a 10-15m ‘loss’ in wages for Maguire. We could likely agree to something like 50% of that paid to him now. 7.5m now is worth more than future money as it can be invested etc.

End result is we get a 30m fee. We pay Maguire 7.5m or whatever to leave. Net income 22.5m.

West Ham pay 30m and get Maguire on wages that won’t upset their highest paid players.

Yeah, there is also the option of us paying him some kind of settlement which may be what his rhetoric is about.

If West Ham pay £30m and give him 150k a week to match their top earners then he’d be looking at a 50-100k a week drop.

His contract runs until 2026 so that’s roughly a 10-15m ‘loss’ in wages for Maguire. We could likely agree to something like 50% of that paid to him now. 7.5m now is worth more than future money as it can be invested etc.

End result is we get a 30m fee. We pay Maguire 7.5m or whatever to leave. Net income 22.5m.

West Ham pay 30m and get Maguire on wages that won’t upset their highest paid players.

His contract runs out in 2025. United has the option to extend it to 2026 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.