Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, other prem clubs do pay some high wages. However context is important. Regarding your examples: Peresic and Kamara we're both freebies, Ndombele was very highly rated at the time and linked with top clubs and Everton (Dacoure) are probably the only club in the Prem who are run worse than us.

Now, do you think any top teams are in for our deadwood? Rhetorical question really. So the buying clubs will be looking for good value and possibly more importantly, sell on value.

Does it make sense for Fulham to spend 20m on a 30 year old Fred and make him their top/one of their top earners with no sell on value? Have Fulham ever spent 20m on anyone before. Does it make sense for West Ham to spend £40m on Maguire, also make him their top earner with no sell on value?

Can Forest pay Henderson £100k pw. The answer is probably yes. They paid that to Lingard but he was on a free. Would Forest pay 30m and £100k pw? Doubtful.

We can probably squeeze good money for McTominay but we really need to be realistic with our transfer valuations or we end up stuck with players. Bailly, Lingard, Darmian, Romero, Rojo etc have all been overvalued in the past and we've been unable to sell.

We also need to stop with this 'Chelsea/Liverpool/City sold whoever for whatever blah blah so we should get blah blah for whoever' nonsense. All transfers will have differing variables from players age, contract length, wages, suitability for buying club, buying club's spending power, player's past achievements etc. Again, context is key.
I agree fully with your last paragraph.

I think we only differ on whether other clubs would take our deadwood. Fred and McTominay are not as bad players as we think they are, but that’s a bias we all have with our players. If they’re not United quality we think they’re shite and should be playing in Championship.

McTominay would be a very good signing for many PL clubs and at 30m + 100k I reckon this is very good value for money. Fred is a bit older so I reckon he’ll go for a last big paycheck and might be more difficult to move.

Maguire clearly has confidence issues at United which will be very hard to recover from, but he’s still a very good defender and would be an immediate starter for West Ham I reckon (Paqueta is their top earner if I’m not mistaken).

However the other players we’re trying to sell are not on very high wages comparatively to the rest of the PL and fees wouldn’t probably cost that much.
The only one I see as potentially problematic would be Henderson, and we’ll probably need to lower his sale value or he’ll need to

Even still, the broad point remains that Romano should tweet less.
Why? He occasionally writes articles for the Guardian (usually with another journalist) but Twitter is his primary form of medium. Youtube and the odd article are secondary for him.

Why? He occasionally writes articles for the Guardian (usually with another journalist) but Twitter is his primary form of medium. Youtube and the odd article are secondary for him.
Because when more than half the posts are non updates, you just come across like a tit.

Nah, that’s his business model. He does it well.
Right just like Goldbridge has a successful business model. I'm not looking it from that side of view though. Like Goldbridge, he just comes across a tit.

He has very strong sources obviously but he just comes across a bit pointless a lot of the time.

Even still, the broad point remains that Romano should tweet less.
Right just like Goldbridge has a successful business model. I'm not looking it from that side of view though. Like Goldbridge, he just comes across a tit.

He has very strong sources obviously but he just comes across a bit pointless a lot of the time.
Or more simply. He gets bombarded (& it’s echoed by the lack of patience on here) every day for updates and when it’s very little updates or updates are are non-updates people get pissed off because there’s no new information from the day before.

He simply has to tweet a lot so people get off his back, if he could. I assume he’d tweet considerably less, but the nature of the beast he’s grown, he needs to.

Or more simply. He gets bombarded (& it’s echoed by the lack of patience on here) every day for updates and when it’s very little updates or updates are are non-updates people get pissed off because there’s no new information from the day before.

He simply has to tweet a lot so people get off his back, if he could. I assume he’d tweet considerably less, but the nature of the beast he’s grown, he needs to.
All journalists get bombarded. It's not that he's obligated to answer them, he's doing it purposefully as part of his business model as a journalist.

Hes free to do it, he has solid sources of course. But a lot of people are increasingly getting pissed off that he said a lot of nonsense.

This tour deadline is so weird to me. They are making it out as if he can’t get on a separate plane and join up with the rest of the squad a day later.

This tour deadline is so weird to me. They are making it out as if he can’t get on a separate plane and join up with the rest of the squad a day later.
It's probably due to money/flight costs He needs to be on that plane otherwise his only option is being a stow away on a boat and then driving/hitchhiking to new jersey.

Quantity over quality business model works great all over social media sites, but I just feel there should be a consequence for it somehow. Like everytime someone uses quantity over quality technique, their genitals get shocked.

It's probably due to money/flight costs He needs to be on that plane otherwise his only option is being a stow away on a boat and then driving/hitchhiking to new jersey.
Poor guy! No wonder they want to get it done in time!

The usual Maguire playing through injury stories :lol: it's been awhile. It's not big and it's not clever.
I’m sure he must’ve sustained a broken rib or two when he was charged with aggravated assault in Greece and then trying to bribe his way out of it.

Captaincy should have been taken off him already. Hopefully it’s sorted next week. He can’t be coming on for pre season minutes and taking the armband.

West Ham would be better suited to being in Serie A. Sell someone for £100 million and then ask to loan a player
They're that fecking annoying club in FM that comes with this offer for your starting XI player:
- promised playing time: rotational
- % of wage: 10%
- optional future fee: £250.000

Quantity over quality business model works great all over social media sites, but I just feel there should be a consequence for it somehow. Like everytime someone uses quantity over quality technique, their genitals get shocked.

The demand is there though, so people will always take advantage of other people's insatiable desire for 'news'.

If people are going to act like idiots and refresh twitter every 20 minutes on a Sunday, hoping that execs around Europe are blasting out transfer deals rather than being normal people, then others are going to make money from it.

Idiots have made those who are willing to take advantage of stupidity rich for centuries. This is nothing new.

Wow that would be something. My dream singing for years. Doubt it will happen though.

FFS. This guy won't quit. Time to move to the nuclear option. Promote a promising CB from the academy and make that graduate the 5th choice. Surely he'd get fed up and move then.

Wish there was one eligible enough, I don't think we have that.

How can you fault one of our players for loving the club?
Why does he love it? Shouldn't a footballer want to play? Want to make the Euros for next summer?

It's about roles in my opinion. If it's a squad player in Maguire's position and you're happy in that role, it makes sense. If you're 30, captain of the club and barely play, should you be happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.