Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
DON'T
  • Post a Tweet from a banned source (see below for the banned sources) unless they have held an interview with a player
  • Post a non-English Tweet without a basic translation (either from another Tweet or in the post itself). Suggested translators: Google Translate, DeepL, Reverso
  • Post anything from aggregator accounts (e.g. utdreport) without the original source (as a second Tweet, link, embed, image, or a reference to a TV/radio show).
    • Exception: an aggregator's Tweet is retweeted by the source. The Tweet must then be accompanied by a message/screenshot indicating this. Otherwise, the Tweet will not be allowed.
  • Post the following types of Tweets (post them in quotes/spoilers to avoid putting them into the feed)
    • Joke/Piss-take Tweets
    • Tweets that don't refer to a transfer story (e.g. a journalist posting their own opinions; example)
  • Post more than 3 Tweets per post. If you do, then your post will not show up in the Transfer Tweets feed.
  • Post anything that was tweeted more than three days ago. If it wasn't posted before then, nobody cares.
  • Post off-topic comments or hold extended discussions over a single Tweet (that span multiple pages). Create a new thread instead.
What Kind of Tweets should I Post?
  • Player transfers, free signings, contract extensions, or releases
    • Also includes young players signing their first professional contract for Manchester United
  • Managerial transfers, signings, contract extensions, or releases
    • Includes U23 and U18 head coaches
    • Includes assistant managers and other coaches
  • Football executive appointments/releases (DoF, CEO/Chairperson, Head of Negotiations, etc.)
  • Transfer plans + any impacts to them
  • Transfer budgets + any impacts to them
The Caf now has its own pair of tier lists (one for United sources, and one for everything else). You can find them and more here. For your convenience, here are the list of banned sources (as of July 20, 2023):
Source (Individual)Source (Media Outlet)
Simon Jones
Mark Goldbridge (@markgoldbridge)
Stephen Howson (@MrStephenHowson)
Tom McDermott (@MrTomMcDermott)
Terry Flewers (@terryflewers)
z (@zeeshanxz)
Ross Harwood (@RossHarwood_)
mufcmpb (@mufcMPB)
Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira)
Ekrem Konur (@Ekremkonur)
Pedro Almeida (@pedrogva6)
Rudy Galetti (@RudyGaletti)
Jacque Talbot (@jac_talbot)
Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) - Chelsea
Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri)
Kevin Palmer (@RealKevinPalmer)
Dean Jones (@DeanJonesSoccer)
Indykaila (@indykaila)
محمد الكعبي (@Qatari)
Shay Lugassi (@Shlugassi)
The Sun
Daily Mail
Express
Standard
CaughtOffside
Metro
90min.com
Daily Star
Mirror
Goal
Manchester Evening News (@ManUtdMEN)
talkSPORT
Independent
Bleacher Report
Football365
Don Balon (@DonBalon)
Diario Gol (@diarioGOLcom)
Fichajes.net (@fichajesnet)
El Chiringuito (@elchiringuitotv) - Spanish football/players
Fussball Transfers (@FT_Redaktion)
Jeunes Footeux
le10sport (@le10sport)
But! Football Club (@club_but)
Corriere dello Sport (@CorSport)
Tuttosport (@tuttosport)
All Italian transfer sites (e.g. Calciomercato.com, Calciomercato.it, TuttoMercatoWeb)
Transfermarkt (@transfermarkt)
Football Transfers (@Transfersdotcom)

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

Baxquux

He has 1 year left. We should be able to get 25m for him. Wages won't be an issue for a Saudi club.
He's currently 'out of contract' next month, no? Unless something has significantly changed....

peridigm

He's currently 'out of contract' next month, no? Unless something has significantly changed....
My bad. I thought he had another year. That extra year it seems is our right to extend. If we're offering him much lower wages and he accepts, it makes sense to keep him but sign a prospective #1.

Superden

The window opens in an hour and we still haven't signed anyone. Pfft

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Summary:

Will Fish has been attracting interest from several Championship & League One clubs as well as other Scottish clubs, including Aberdeen.

Von Mistelroum

Maybe we're planning on swooping in if the fee is sufficiently low, like we did last season with Feyenoord and Malacia.
I think it's more likely that we're unable to bid. De Gea is stalling and that seems likely to affect things. Unless he signs we can't sell Henderson, if we don't sell Henderson it's unlikely we will be allowed to spend on another keeper.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
Nico Jackson's suitors have increased.

Where Bournemouth used to call, now Chelsea, United or Leipzig are calling. At the moment, no formal offer from any of them.

His clause has gone up from 25M to 35M +3 in variables.
Jackson's agency has reached out to Chelsea, Manchester United, West Ham, Borussia Dortmund, and RB Leipzig to gauge their interest. My note: there's not necessarily any indication that United will go after Nico Jackson.

Last edited:

GBBQ

Tier 1:

Jackson's agency has reached out to Chelsea, Manchester United, West Ham, Borussia Dortmund, and RB Leipzig to gauge their interest. My note: there's not necessarily any indication that United will go after Nico Jackson.
I haven’t seen much of him but caught the Rayo Vallecano match and he stood out as having a bit of fight about him.

BuzzKillington

TBH, I thought 30-35 rising to 40 was more likely, considering the expected transfer budget. At that price point, I was on board. Hopefully RM holds on their side so that Chelsea drops the price.
Agreed. For me he’s a bit like Antony. A decent player whose potential career here will be made a lot more difficult by having to carry the baggage of a big fee. Should be £45m, including all add ins, or less. I’d walk away if they demand anything over £50m.

MUFC OK

Expecting Hojlund rabiot and Mount. Don’t have any faith we can beat other teams to Kim and Kane was never happening. Caicedo to Arsenal or Chelsea.

peridigm

I'm glad we're not interested in paying stupid money for Kane. I hope he stays another year and leaves for free.