Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather take £20m than aim for £30m and get nothing

Same. He is on a huge salary. Nottingham looked better with Navas last year. Flekken arrived at Brentford for a fee of £11 mill. Verbruggen at Brighton for a fee of £16 mill. Both will be on lower salaries.

Sure, we can hope for a premium on a HG «PL-proven» goalkeeper. Nick Pope went to Newcastle for £10 mill one year ago. Anything in the range of £15-20 mill would be fair.

This transfer window is actually going swimmingly so far. Would love to see McT, Maguire and Henderson gone in the next few weeks. Could be about £80m in fees there too.

Same. He is on a huge salary. Nottingham looked better with Navas last year. Flekken arrived at Brentford for a fee of £11 mill. Verbruggen at Brighton for a fee of £16 mill. Both will be on lower salaries.

Sure, we can hope for a premium on a HG «PL-proven» goalkeeper. Nick Pope went to Newcastle for £10 mill one year ago. Anything in the range of £15-20 mill would be fair.

Pope was 30 last year, had one year left in his contract with Burnley who were also relegates, so Newcastle were able to get him for a low fee, Dean has years left in his contract, he is 26, and also played plenty in PL, so he should be worth more than 25m, Ramsy cost 24m and he only played 1 season on PL.

They will offer to take mcT and Maguire on loan and cover 50% of their wages :)

• Man Utd asked about Xavi Simons
  • West Ham are looking at Maguire & Scott T
  • United want Maguire to leave full sale & not a loan.
  • Bruno to be captain
  • Focus on bringing in a forward now that the GK position is filled

Ya so we are still one injury away from been short again.
I was wondering this myself but most likely we'll be using either Mainoo or Hannibal maybe even both in the squad next year in regular rotation. Amrabat isn't necessarily a DM, and we'd be light if VdB leaves too. Fred looks like he's leaving and Mctominay is the least likely to be sold. We're kinda light on a DM

Eriksen
Bruno
Mount
Casemiro
Mctominay (Unless sold)
Plus Mainoo/Hannibal and one more addition such as Amrabat

I meant that he supposedly rejected other more lucrative offers...

Yeah I know. Rashford may have rejected 300k a week and be earning 200k a week, so he's set for life whatever. Russo will be earning significantly less than his weekly wage, so it's not compatible at all. Woman's players are right to follow the money as they earn a fraction of what men do, so the suggestion the situations are the same is at best ignorant.

Yeah I know. Rashford may have rejected 300k a week and be earning 200k a week, so he's set for life whatever. Russo will be earning significantly less than his weekly wage, so it's not compatible at all. Woman's players are right to follow the money as they earn a fraction of what men do, so the suggestion the situations are the same is at best ignorant.

True... I don't know what we're supposed to be offering compared to what she's getting at Arsenal. If the difference is huge I could understand...

Now wait an hour for Romano to post the Rashford news as he’s the one who broke it.

Ya so we are still one injury away from been short again.
No, Mount is brought in as a starter to replace Eriksen. Fred or McT were not called upon because of their lack in quality.

Mount, Bruno, Casemiro with Amrabat and Eriksen as cover. I agree one more would be ideal but ten hag can operate with the above plus an organic option in Martinez or Mainoo in absolute emergencies.

Sabitzer himself was barely playing much, as was McT in the second half of the season. This current option list is better quality in depth.

Last edited:
Think the sales of McT, Maguire and Martial, dictate whether we go for a backup DM, CB and CF.

The rest are going anyway I think Henderson, Telles, Bailly, Fred, VdB, Elanga etc. Be lucky to get 50M from these sales, and hopefully sign a CF soon.

It's what we'd be quoted for him if he was at another English club and we were trying to sign him. Laugh it up fuzzball
Sure the whole football world is against Man Utd :lol:
It's certainly not because you've been vastly overpaying for shit players for the past decade

This transfer window is actually going swimmingly so far. Would love to see McT, Maguire and Henderson gone in the next few weeks. Could be about £80m in fees there too.
Oh you’ve said it now….

In a world where Declan Rice is worth £105 million, McT should be fetching around 60 million.
You guys can't be that delusional. Everybody on this board wants to get rid of him and only bottom feeder clubs are interested but he's worth the same as MacAllister, Ruben Neves or the Caicedo rumoured fee. You guys should probably hope for a fee in the £15-20M range, that's what players like Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic or Xhaka fetched and is a lot more realistic. Unless you want to keep complaining like every transfer window that you cant get rid of your deadwood.

In a world where Declan Rice is worth £105 million, McT should be fetching around 60 million.

Definitely not they are not even the same profile of player. Rice is one of the best in his position, Scott has never been close to a similar status in any role from screening the defence from midfield or a box to box midfielder. It's a line between a grossly underrated Rice or a totally overhyped Mctommimay.

I thought Newcastle are interested in McTominay or have they already signed Tonali?
Gone quiet on that front. But yes they signed Tonali. Unclear if that would mean they wouldn't go for McTominay
They're different kinds of players really.

McTominay is mediocre at best as a DM, one needs to be bought regardless of whether he stays or not. Casemiro will no doubt pick up suspensions and potential injuries. Then our level will drop dramatically.

Unfortunately I don’t think we will get cover though.

Status
Not open for further replies.