Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

Imagine England winning anything with Tickle in charge - it'd never really be an English victory. England tried to do it on their own, but in the end got the German's to help. 50/50 German England success.

Any success would be tainted forever.

Even in a hypothetical success story England are still shat on

He's an elite level manager, but I just find this embarrassing for Emgland.

They invest heavily in academies, coaching and FA Learning. Why can't they bring through their own coaches? What's going on?

They invest heavily in academies, coaching and FA Learning. Why can't they bring through their own coaches? What's going on?
Not really. There's a very good manager available who might be interested in the job.

If it makes you feel better I don't think a foreign coach managing a NT has won the World Cup.

Not really. There's a very good manager available who might be interested in the job.
Who? An English manager has never won the English Premier League and that's not going to change soon. That's unthinkable in Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina....

Who? An English manager has never won the English Premier League and that's not going to change soon. That's unthinkable in Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina....
The English Premier League is only 30 years old and has been dominated by a few individuals. I'd bet that over 30 years the Premier League has the fewest unique managers to win the league.

In any case, it's not embarrassing for England to look to Tuchel.

Would Pep be interested in taking the England job after this season?
I can see Pep either coaching Brazil or England. I think he has suggested his interest in the Brazilian job in the past.

But he always times his new moves perfectly. He would wait until straight after the 2026 World Cup, to give himself a full 4 years of getting his team ready for the 2030 WC.

I’m not English, but I think they’re doing okay with coaches. The likes of Potter, McKenna, Carrick, Still and O’Neil are all good coaches still early in their careers.

Any one of those could get up in the England job around the 2030 WC and onwards.

But for now they have one of the strongest squads and the next World Cup will probably be the last chance for this current crop of players. They need a big time manager and Tuchel would make them for competitive.

Please let this happen. Good for England and the whole kills two birds one stone thingy. Gareth will be happy too.

Gareth will be happy he’s got a superior successor while he takes a year out and Utd can see who’s available in the meantime to replace ETH
Hmmm, I think he might be happy for another reason. Hence the kill two birds reference.

Please let this happen. Good for England and the whole kills two birds one stone thingy. Gareth will be happy too.
I see you're still here posting your weekly 'Southgate to United' bantz. I have to admire the hustle of trying to wind up rival fans online, but after 23 years on the caf, I can't help but feel like it might do you some good to touch grass.

I see you're still here posting your weekly 'Southgate to United' bantz. I have to admire the hustle of trying to wind up rival fans online, but after 23 years on the caf, I can't help but feel like it might do you some good to touch grass.
It’s real simple. Tuchel was your best option. So if it means Southgate is next in line then obviously it’s something I would be happy about. I believe his relationship with Ashworth would bring this closer to reality.

It’s real simple. Tuchel was your best option. So if it means Southgate is next in line then obviously it’s something I would be happy about. I believe his relationship with Ashworth would bring this closer to reality.
Ashworth is also on good terms with plenty of other managers. Very few (if any) reputable journalists have said that we're lining up Southgate as our next manager. Those links have mainly been driven by online opposition fans such as yourself.

Tbh I am no longer dreading the Southgate appointment as I did a few months ago. I think man management, getting players onside, is his main strength, and he will surprise a few here if he ever got the job but doing better than expected.

I don't think it will happen as it will be a PR nightmare for INEOS and drag their credibility with the fans down the gutter.

Will be funny if Tuchel takes the England job to work with the players at hand, after all the criticism of him being bad for Utd due to his demand of control over transfers.

He will have a good pool of players to pull from. So that argument goes out of the door. United are not in that position anymore.

Most young managers won’t just walk in to the National Team job though. It’s something you pick up later in your career when you have had plenty of experience at club level.

There’s some promising younger managers currently but none in a position to manage England. They tried going down the route of limited experience with Southgate and whilst it worked to some degree, there wasn’t the experience and pedigree to get the team over the line. They now want to go, as per the FA advert, with a coach who has experienced winning trophies and tournaments, along with having a good CV in club football.

I'd bet that over 30 years the Premier League has the fewest unique managers to win the league.
Yep!
  • Premier League (11): Ferguson, Dalglish, Wenger, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Mancini, Pellegrini, Ranieri, Conte, Guardiola, Klopp
  • La Liga (19): Cruyff, Valdano, Antić, Capello, van Gaal, Irureta, del Bosque, Benítez, Rijkaard, Schuster, Guardiola, Mourinho, Vilanova, Simeone, Enrique, Zidane, Valverde, Ancelotti, Xavi
  • Serie A (13): Capello, Lippi, Zaccheroni, Eriksson, Ancelotti, Mancini, Mourinho, Allegri, Conte, Sarri, Pioli, Spalletti, Inzaghi
  • Bundesliga (18): Rehhagel, Beckenbauer, Hitzfeld, Trapattoni, Sammer, Schaaf, Magath, Veh, van Gaal, Klopp, Heynckes, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Kovač, Flick, Nagelsmann, Tuchel, Alonso
  • Ligue 1 (23): Jorge, Suaudeau, Roux, Tigana, Leclercq, Baup, Puel, Denoueix, Santini, Le Guen, Houllier, Perrin, Blanc, Deschamps, Garcia, Girard, Ancelotti, Jardim, Emery, Tuchel, Galtier, Pochettino, Enrique
  • Primeira Liga (18): Alberto, Toni, Robson, Oliviera, Santos, Pacheco, Bölöni, Mourinho, Trapattoni, Adriaanse, Ferreira, Jesus, Villas-Boas, Pereira, Vitória, Conceição, Amorim, Schmidt
  • Eredivisie (16): van Hanegem, van Gaal, Advocaat, Olsen, Beenhakker, Gerets, Koeman, Hiddink, Vergoossen, McClaren, De Boer, Cocu, Van Bronckhorst, ten Hag, Slot, Bosz

Took me 5 minutes to figure out who the feck Enrique is ffs. Can people please stop treating the second part of composite names like surnames??? :wenger:

Yep!
  • Premier League (11): Ferguson, Dalglish, Wenger, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Mancini, Pellegrini, Ranieri, Conte, Guardiola, Klopp
  • La Liga (19): Cruyff, Valdano, Antić, Capello, van Gaal, Irureta, del Bosque, Benítez, Rijkaard, Schuster, Guardiola, Mourinho, Vilanova, Simeone, Enrique, Zidane, Valverde, Ancelotti, Xavi
  • Serie A (13): Capello, Lippi, Zaccheroni, Eriksson, Ancelotti, Mancini, Mourinho, Allegri, Conte, Sarri, Pioli, Spalletti, Inzaghi
  • Bundesliga (18): Rehhagel, Beckenbauer, Hitzfeld, Trapattoni, Sammer, Schaaf, Magath, Veh, van Gaal, Klopp, Heynckes, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Kovač, Flick, Nagelsmann, Tuchel, Alonso
  • Ligue 1 (23): Jorge, Suaudeau, Roux, Tigana, Leclercq, Baup, Puel, Denoueix, Santini, Le Guen, Houllier, Perrin, Blanc, Deschamps, Garcia, Girard, Ancelotti, Jardim, Emery, Tuchel, Galtier, Pochettino, Enrique
  • Primeira Liga (18): Alberto, Toni, Robson, Oliviera, Santos, Pacheco, Bölöni, Mourinho, Trapattoni, Adriaanse, Ferreira, Jesus, Villas-Boas, Pereira, Vitória, Conceição, Amorim, Schmidt
  • Eredivisie (16): van Hanegem, van Gaal, Advocaat, Olsen, Beenhakker, Gerets, Koeman, Hiddink, Vergoossen, McClaren, De Boer, Cocu, Van Bronckhorst, ten Hag, Slot, Bosz
Is it just me that finds it crazy that over 30 years, 23 title winning managers in the French league didn't stay in their job long enough to win it again! Not the league to build a dynasty!

I don’t think it’s a bad thing in itself, but I always feel that it’s a little sad when a big football nation needs managers from other countries for their national team. Not exactly an advertisement for English managers and their education.

"It’s thought that recent reports of talks between Thomas Tuchel and England are an attempt to put pressure on Manchester United, who have an interest if they do part ways with Erik ten Hag. (@MiguelDelaney)

#MUFC"

Sorry for quoting tweets, but still can't post media so have to do it like this. Hopefully not breaking any forum rules.

"It’s thought that recent reports of talks between Thomas Tuchel and England are an attempt to put pressure on Manchester United, who have an interest if they do part ways with Erik ten Hag. (@MiguelDelaney)

#MUFC"

Sorry for quoting tweets, but still can't post media so have to do it like this. Hopefully not breaking any forum rules.
This seemed obvious as soon as it came out, but I’d bet there’s some truth to England approaching him. His agent is probably just leaking the fact as it’s convenient for them.