Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

This actually makes a ton of sense. Great tournament coach - check. Flexible in his tactics - check. Ton of free time and no demanding management to quarrel with - check.

Will he sing though?

Great pick if true.

Solid cup manager who doesn't get on with hierarchy. In theory if you do well you don't have to deal with the hierarchy much.

Would snap the hand off if he's willing.

Nah, the deal with England is off. Mazraoui is in the background and he’s looking in the direction of Manchester. Although that dwarf in red on the right looks awfully smug, so maybe he knows something we don’t.
Is that Ander Herrera in the background? :confused:

Would make England favourites IMO. The squad + manager combo would be the best out there currently as a whole.

I'd much rather see him managing England than United. Maybe he can come here after he wins England the world cup.

By the time we decide to pull the trigger on Ten Hags position, there wont be anyone left to take over realistically.
Tuchel doesn’t suit us anyway. Like ETH he seems to think he’s some transfer guru who control everything. Wouldn’t last long under our structure. At England he gets one of the most talented squads and can just focus purely on coaching

Dutch is best, the Germans have nothing on them I tell you.
This is 100% sarcastic. How many Dutch managers have been successful in the premier league. Even a lot of Dutch players can’t handle the premier league.

Ten Hag to Tuchel ?
We ain’t getting tuchel. That ships sailed… twice may I add. We obvs didn’t want him in the summer when he was available and we missed out this week whilst he was still available and on the back of bad form from ETH

We ain’t getting tuchel. That ships sailed… twice may I add. We obvs didn’t want him in the summer when he was available and we missed out this week whilst he was still available and on the back of bad form from ETH
After deciding against him at the start of the summer I don’t believe we ever intended to go back to him cap in hand conceding to his conditions.

We are moving away from a manager who has control over transfers, the last thing we want to do is commit to another long term contract with a manager with the same concessions.

After deciding against him at the start of the summer I don’t believe we ever intended to go back to him cap in hand conceding to his conditions.

We are moving away from a manager who has control over transfers, the last thing we want to do is commit to another long term contract with a manager with the same concessions.
The sad thing is he's saying no reportedly because those conditions didn't work for him well at Chelsea and PSG. I'd wager he'd probably enjoy the structure more under Ashworth/Wilcox and Berrada. Moreover every club is moving in this direction. No manager will have this type of say.

Considering the English media’s obsession with Germany* when it comes to the England football team it seems an inevitable irony that it would be a German to lift the first trophy in 60+ years.

*surely the most one sided rivalry in football? Not so much results wise but as far as I’m aware we barely register as a rival for them and they’re more interested in the rivalry with the Dutch while we obsess over them.

Exactly. I think we keep getting linked with him because he’s the only high profile manager that’s been available. I genuinely believe we want someone who’s already at a club so may have to wait until the summer

Exactly. I think we keep getting linked with him because he’s the only high profile manager that’s been available. I genuinely believe we want someone who’s already at a club so may have to wait until the summer
Agree with this and to add to it we saw how Newcastle fecked around with Ashworth’s release demands. Whatever in contract manager we are going for is going to be held to ransom and the last thing we need is that sort of nonsense playing out during the season.

I guess there’s no excuse for not getting an interim in though and if Carrick is up for the job I’d be all for it. There’s a chance they want to avoid the situation where Carrick does very well and it’s hard to resist calls for him to get the job full time a la Ole despite him probably needing another 5 or so years in management before he’s ready.

Agree with this and to add to it we saw how Newcastle fecked around with Ashworth’s release demands. Whatever in contract manager we are going for is going to be held to ransom and the last thing we need is that sort of nonsense playing out during the season.

I guess there’s no excuse for not getting an interim in though and if Carrick is up for the job I’d be all for it. There’s a chance they want to avoid the situation where Carrick does very well and it’s hard to resist calls for him to get the job full time a la Ole despite him probably needing another 5 or so years in management before he’s ready.
They should offer it him on an interim bases but put some kind of clause where if he does well he then gets a job as assistant to the new manager. Would be harsh to cut him of all together and leave him jobless since he’d be leaving a permanent job to take over short term.

They should offer it him on an interim bases but put some kind of clause where if he does well he then gets a job as assistant to the new manager. Would be harsh to cut him of all together and leave him jobless since he’d be leaving a permanent job to take over short term.
I think the only reason he would leave Middlesbrough would be if he knew the interim role had a chance for him to prove himself and get the role full time.

He’s not going to leave Middlesbrough for a 6 month assignment with a chance to be assistant manager, a role he left to take the Middlesbrough job.

Would be a good manager for England but wasn't there some personal strife that he was dealing with when it came to a halt at Chelsea (not that I thought he should be sacked then at all)? Would he handle the English media vile penchant for prying into every aspect of his personal life at all times?

Would be a good manager for England but wasn't there some personal strife that he was dealing with when it came to a halt at Chelsea (not that I thought he should be sacked then at all)? Would he handle the English media vile penchant for prying into every aspect of his personal life at all times?

Something about divorcing his wife then being seen around the same time with a 35 year old Brazilian hottie.