Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

Interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if this leads to a trophy. Also wouldn't be surprised if there is a big fallout and he leaves before the World Cup.

Interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if this leads to a trophy. Also wouldn't be surprised if there is a big fallout and he leaves before the World Cup.
I’m not really sure what you can fall out over with international football?

I think it will suit Tuchel as he just likes to focus on coaching his team and tactical plays. None of that other rubbish.

I’m not really sure what you can fall out over with international football?

I think it will suit Tuchel as he just likes to focus on coaching his team and tactical plays. None of that other rubbish.

There have been rumours for ages about Tuchel and his personality/social life which could clash with the FA (who are trying to become squeaky clean).

I think an international job is the best for him and far less likely to result in some kind of bust up than a club gig.

Isn’t it the transfers and club management/structure side of things that he has a problem with? Seems like being an international coach/manager would suit him.

Do not expect entertainment on the pitch...

That is from BILD (today?)

On Monday & Tuesday last week, there was a big meeting at Allianz Arena called 'Leadership Summit', where Bayern bosses spoke in front of around 120 employees to discuss the current state of the club. Uli Hoeneß gave a speech where he praised Vincent Kompany and criticized his predecessor Thomas Tuchel harshly. Hoeneß is said to have said that Tuchel was a 'catastrophe' for the club - the 'entertainment value' was completely lost due to his style of football, which annoyed the honorary president. In addition, there were problems in the atmosphere within the team. After he criticized Tuchel, Hoeneß heaped praises on Kompany, who had already impressed him from their first meeting where the coach said: 'We have to work hard again'. For Hoeneß, Bayern is also a 'showbusiness', and the entertainment is being provided by Kompany's style of play. Hoeneß is totally convinced of the path the Belgian coach is taking at Bayern. Hoeneß was therefore also annoyed that Kompany's style was being questioned after the last 3 winless games. 'FC Bayern cannot always win the Champions League', he explained and criticized the media that sees Bayern too critically from his point of view

I think an international job is the best for him and far less likely to result in some kind of bust up than a club gig.

Isn’t it the transfers and club management/structure side of things that he has a problem with? Seems like being an international coach/manager would suit him.

Guess we will find out, but he's been prickly on more than one occasion for things that haven't been transfer/club structure related.

Do not expect entertainment on the pitch...

That is from BILD (today?)

On Monday & Tuesday last week, there was a big meeting at Allianz Arena called 'Leadership Summit', where Bayern bosses spoke in front of around 120 employees to discuss the current state of the club. Uli Hoeneß gave a speech where he praised Vincent Kompany and criticized his predecessor Thomas Tuchel harshly. Hoeneß is said to have said that Tuchel was a 'catastrophe' for the club - the 'entertainment value' was completely lost due to his style of football, which annoyed the honorary president. In addition, there were problems in the atmosphere within the team. After he criticized Tuchel, Hoeneß heaped praises on Kompany, who had already impressed him from their first meeting where the coach said: 'We have to work hard again'. For Hoeneß, Bayern is also a 'showbusiness', and the entertainment is being provided by Kompany's style of play. Hoeneß is totally convinced of the path the Belgian coach is taking at Bayern. Hoeneß was therefore also annoyed that Kompany's style was being questioned after the last 3 winless games. 'FC Bayern cannot always win the Champions League', he explained and criticized the media that sees Bayern too critically from his point of view
great entertainment and winning international tournaments rarely combine.

Short term I think he'll appreciate International football and enjoy working and improving some of England's finest talents but in the long term I think he'll gradually look enviously on club football and may start to get slightly disinterested in his International management role.

Tuchel is overrated, he got well and truly found out by the time his chelsea stint came to an end. He will play utter shit on a stick football with England. It’s a travesty given the squad England have.
You may not be happy he is Englands coach but to say he is overrated is being ignorant.

Regardless of what you think of Tuchel, the fact he is apparently our no1 choice and we're letting him join England, whilst our coach stinks the place up, just adds another layer of questions over what we're actually doing. Has it been suggested that we're actually not interested in him? I'm trying to understand what is going on here. He isn't my first choice but this just seems crazy to me.

Regardless of what you think of Tuchel, the fact he is apparently our no1 choice and we're letting him join England, whilst our coach stinks the place up, just adds another layer of questions over what we're actually doing. Has it been suggested that we're actually not interested in him? I'm trying to understand what is going on here. He isn't my first choice but this just seems crazy to me.
I think our refusal to go for him in the summer showed hes not a firm target anymore

Ineos simply didn't want to commit to Tuchel as he wasn't what was wanted.

He would be the manager if he was.

If that Oliver Brown fella got annoyed by an English guy who had played for Ireland not singing the anthem then a German guy doing the same could make his tits fall off.

Clearly he isn't our no1 choice given we opted to stick with Ten Hag and are seemingly happy to let him go. When one of our preferred managers becomes available, we'll be all in for them rather than half-heartedly exploring the possibility as we did with Tuchel.

I think the England job is a great match for Tuchel, his football is well suited to cups and international football in particular. It'll be like the Southgate era but with some tactical nous and substitutions.