Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

How is it xenophobia against anyone foreign, when they welcomed the idea of pursuing Pep?
Sounds more like the standard English inferiority complex towards Germany specifically.
I wouldn’t worry what the English media write personally. The bar is rather low.

Excellent appointment for England and easily the best coach available.

Cannot get on board with the notion of appointing an English coach simply because it’s the England job. The current options are just simply not good enough. The best English manager (Howe) probably isn’t even attainable and he‘s still a tier or two below Tuchel.

Find some of the media spiel from the likes of Gary Neville (unsurprisingly) absolutely embarrassing too. Trying to be contentious for the sake of being contentious. It’s simply a good appointment.

Wait....what i am missing here? England just got top class manager and people and media are unhappy?:confused:
Wtf? Because he is German? Is it possible? No, it can't be that.
I’m English and couldn’t be happier with this appointment. Honestly, I’d be utterly deflated if we appointed Potter or Howe (who I do somewhat like). Both would arguably set us back but Tuchel gives us a real shot at the next World Cup.

I don't really care what he identifies as on a personal level, I was talking about his function as a coach, where every bit of work experience and training happened in another country.
We don't care about that if we think they're good representation

Now, the moment those journos actually figure out/admit he's crap, he'll be 100% tedesco ;)

That's your business and thats okay. Personally, I just don't view with any seriousness the view keeping ETH was done on a whim nor that replacing him should be done on one either. The likes of Tuchel aren't coaching United because they were not seen as ideal for the INEOS master plan as compared to ETH. I'm pretty sure they have who they want next in mind and that person isn't available yet. So ETH stays as the front office above him fully settles into their role. Nothing they are doing is based on short termism
Again, this sounds nice in theory talking about “longer term plans” etc but the truth is being willing to essentially punt yet another season away is a very stupid approach to running a huge football club.

In order to get ready for Tuchel, the English could make a few changes to their language that may help him feel more welcome:

The English FA conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

The FA will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like Tuchel mey haf vunted in ze forst plas.

Great appointment, but a big miss for Utd imo. We have a very good group of attacking and midfield players, but the defence is still a bit shaky. I’ve no doubt Tuchel will sort that out, probably his strongest attribute. Expectations of winning the next World Cup a bit premature though, some very good International sides still around. Get a decent draw and make the semis then anything can happen. Semis should be the minimum target.

Ireland hire our first foreign manager since an Italian a decade or so ago.

A few weeks later England hire their first foreign manager since an Italian a decade or so ago.

Their inferiority complex is something else.

This is a great fit.

Tuchel is a master tactician and great at in game management

His downside is the spats he has with players and board members

The former Is perfect for international football and the latter is mostly irrelevant, certainly much diluted.

Very excited by this

Again, this sounds nice in theory talking about “longer term plans” etc but the truth is being willing to essentially punt yet another season away is a very stupid approach to running a huge football club.
Never if its for the long term benefit. Short termism is exactly why United got caught deep in this trench of a rut as a club in the first place. As long as theyhave drawn up or are drawing up a 3-5 year strategic plan. Nothing should divert them from it. Not even short term results like a potential dead season.

Truly incredible how this has triggered some of these supposed pundits. Just having a wild guess but I'd presume It's because none of them are particularly standing out Danny.

Absolutely convinced if you gave fellas like Danny the choice of Lampard, Pep, Klopp, Tuchel etc.... they'd go with Lampard every time purely because he's English

Look, had the FA been unable to convince Tuchel of joining ,I'm fairly convinced they would made strong moves for Howe, who's clearly the best English manager at the present time.
But the FA opted for someone who's got the edge interms of bringing in silverware which England now need to back up thier hype.

Last edited:

Truly incredible how this has triggered some of these supposed pundits. Just having a wild guess but I'd presume It's because none of them are particularly standing out Danny.

Absolutely convinced if you gave fellas like Danny the choice of Lampard, Pep, Klopp, Tuchel etc.... they'd go with Lampard every time purely because he's English

Seriously though. It’s fecking ridiculous how some people are so pissed off with the appointment of Tuchel as England manager just because he’s fecking German. It’s 2024, who cares. He’s a good fecking manager who (unfortunately) will have England challenging for major trophies. All these weird nationalist wankers should be fecking grateful.

I'n not a huge Tuchel supporter, I'd prefer english manager but not sure about the ability of english managers. There must be a reason why no english manager has ever managed to win the Premier League. French, german, spanish, scottish, chilean, italian, whatever. So apparently even club owners don't trust english managers. Tells a lot.

Does seem like a pretty easy question to answer.

Why not Harry or Big Sam to play proper men football instead of sissy gegenpressing? :D

Seriously though. It’s fecking ridiculous how some people are so pissed off with the appointment of Tuchel as England manager just because he’s fecking German. It’s 2024, who cares. He’s a good fecking manager who (unfortunately) will have England challenging for major trophies. All these weird nationalist wankers should be fecking grateful.
Dean Ashton trying to downplay his UCL title because Lampard got us out of the group was mind-blowing.

May actually be the rock bottom of punditry.

I hate to find myself on the same side of the argument as the flag hugging weirdos, but I do think, for a nation that presumably sees itself as in the top tier of footballing countries, it should be quite embarrassing for them that they feel they have to appoint a manager from abroad.
A lot of national teams in Asia, Africa, and some in Europe don't really have a problem with hiring foreign managers. It's a none issue because you want to give your team the best chance to succeed.

I'd understand if we're talking about Spain or Germany who have an array of talent to choose from. But the reality is that English managers aren't that good at the moment. Most countries don't really care.

The answer is quite simply Danny, because they're all shite.

Howe is the best of the lot and he's tied up at Newcastle. The rest either aren't up to the job or the ones who have potential are too green.

For me I don't care where the manager is from as long as he gets results. Tuchel is undoubtedly the best option in the market. Still stunned the FA have got it done.

Howe and O'Neil are the current English managers to keep an eye on. I think both have very good potential to atleast be in contention when Tuchel moves on, providing they continue to improve and unless there's another obvious candidate breaking through.

Potter, I'm not convinced by.
He may have a playing style I'm more eager to see implemented for England but I don't believe he has the personality for the role. I think he'd be overawed by the pressure and general coverage he'll receive.

Danny Mills is the epitome of thick cnut
I'm not disputing that (haven't really paid him attention) but this is just a fabricated debate to have something to talk about so they can generate clicks and eyeballs and people like him can do the whatever it is they're supposed to do. This is 90% of sports media (and all media).

When there are good pundits and journos you really notice because it's not supposed to be like that ha.

The answer is quite simply Danny, because they're all shite.

Howe is the best of the lot and he's tied up at Newcastle. The rest either aren't up to the job or the ones who have potential are too green.

For me I don't care where the manager is from as long as he gets results. Tuchel is undoubtedly the best option in the market. Still stunned the FA have got it done.
Even Eddie isn't that good.

I seriously can't understand the issue of him being German. I mean really, who gives a shit? As long as he gets England playing well and winning, that's all that matters.
Does anybody else find it ironic that those complaining about him being foreign, are probably supporters of teams with foreign managers! The Prem is full of them, Spanish, Dutch, German, Austrain, Portuguese, Scottish even...but England must have an English manager??

Give me a break.