Thiago Alc*ntara | Retires

He's a great player obviously but that performance wasn't anything special - we see Pogba do things like that every match and then gets called bang average for it.

I was shocked how many passes he was missing, he's usually very accurate.
Thought he dominated the game for 30 minutes then didn’t notice him much after that

He's a great player obviously but that performance wasn't anything special - we see Pogba do things like that every match and then gets called bang average for it.

He isn't .. he is very good.. He has been very good when fit for a long time. He absolutely will not be remembered as a great player.

Last edited:
I don't think he compliments this Livepool team at all. He is not a Klopp player. Mistake to bring him in... just off the back of it being a 'good deal'.

A great player.

Just not a player who fits into this team. He carries the ball as a midfielder. This is not how Liverpool midfielders play or have played under Klopp.

A bit early to judge, he has only played a handful of games for them and does not look fully fit yet.

He suddenly became the best midfielder in the world when linked to Liverpool, admittedly this accolade was provided by Liverpool fans who never mentioned him in conversations until he was linked with the club.

He started well yesterday. I thought he was going to make the day hell for us. But he faded as the game went on.

Yeah that run past Fred like he wasn't there and then the overhit pass in the penalty area to Salah was sublime and then shocking. That should have led to a certain tap in chance but it was all screwed up with that pass. You can tell he was unhappy with himself many times in the game which is a good sign.

The language used with Thiago is something else.

"Sublime"

He dribbled his man, ffs! :lol:

If their midfielders ran off Pogba for the last 15 minutes like ours did to Thiago, he would be getting destroyed on here.

The language used with Thiago is something else.

"Sublime"

He dribbled his man, ffs! :lol:

He pulled down Fred's pants, brought out a platter, made Fred sit on it and then proceeded to hand Fred back his arse. It was sublime. :)

He isn't .. he is very good.. He has been very good when fit for a long time. He absolutely will not be remembered as a great player.

Agreed. Solid player but Bayern had his prime and he wasn't that amazing yesterday - I kept seeing posters say how he ran the game for the first half hour, if United game someone like Jonjo Shelvey the amount of room they gave Thiago he'd have probably been more dangerous with the ball. He also got away with three stonewall yellow challenges somehow.

He pulled down Fred's pants, brought out a platter, made Fred sit on it and then proceeded to hand Fred back his arse. It was sublime. :)

Brilliant. You can enjoy that Soccer AM Showboat moment. Meanwhile John Stones has scored more than Liverpool since Xmas :)

In fairness he was the only player on the pitch who showed any real quality.

He is brilliant, he’s Liverpool’s Matic signing but better.

Just get him to ping long ball diagonals to Mane and Salah from deep and stop trying this short passing nonsense that Klopp doesn't really do

Brilliant. You can enjoy that Soccer AM Showboat moment. Meanwhile John Stones has scored more than Liverpool since Xmas :)
That Thiago on Fred was nothing too special. Just a typical Thiago drop of the shoulder to his right side. Thiago is good at shifting very quickly into space ahead of him, particularly to his right.

Fred gets done quite often because he charges out rashly and commits. It was more poor from Fred.

If Matip is fit to start against Burnley then I'd like to see him start alongside Williams or Phillips at CB. That'd allow us to push Fabinho and Henderson into midfield to play along side Thiago. That's the midfield three I want to see ideally. It'd allow Fabinho to sit and anchor the midfield, then give Thiago more license to get further forward and try to create. I thought he was better yesterday early on when he was getting further forward.

Just get him to ping long ball diagonals to Mane and Salah from deep and stop trying this short passing nonsense that Klopp doesn't really do

Isn’t that Robertson & Trents job? Klopp uses his midfield as workmen.

Isn’t that Robertson & Trents job? Klopp uses his midfield as workmen.

It is, but if they keep doing it then it means they are not really letting Thiago play his game in midfield.

Thiago is a bit wasted as a hound dog and it's not his best attribute, hence Thiago Foulcantara.

It's still early days though. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts to the team, but also how the team adapts to him. It's a bit risky as Klopp would be changing a winning formula, but a team must evolve I guess.

Last edited:
You need to phase Henderson out of that team and get a proper attacking midfielder in his place with those other 2.

All in good time. Wijnaldum is the first I'd like to see leave so we don't stifle our evolvement.

That Thiago on Fred was nothing too special. Just a typical Thiago drop of the shoulder to his right side. Thiago is good at shifting very quickly into space ahead of him, particularly to his right.

Fred gets done quite often because he charges out rashly and commits. It was more poor from Fred.

It was the greatest dribble of all time based on some of the analysis I’ve seen!

It's ok, the desperation is palpable. I've seen about 17 videos posted above. It was sublime by Shaw who was my man of the match. Shame that like Matip, Gomez, Keita, Ox and Bailly he can't/won't stay fit for long.

It's ok, the desperation is palpable. I've seen about 17 videos posted above. It was sublime by Shaw who was my man of the match. Shame that like Matip, Gomez, Keita, Ox and Bailly he can't/won't stay fit for long.

Started 67 games in the last two and a bit seasons. So far this season he’s played more minutes than Matip, Gomez and Ox combined.

Is Keita still alive?

Bayern left him go because he had a lot of injuries, was really inconsistent, is almost 31 yo... and just like Verratti is a really gifted player who never delivers in big games.
If you say so, think a few Bayern fans on here have said they still miss him in games they've struggled in this season. And he's not 'almost 31' by the way, he's 29 still at least for another 3 months. He's got years left in him.

He had the most misplaced pass of the entire match IIRC, good player but not the messiah they are looking for.
Let's see how he gets on at CB next month :angel:

Started 67 games in the last two and a bit seasons. So far this season he’s played more minutes than Matip, Gomez and Ox combined.

Is Keita still alive?

Wow didn't know it was that many. I thought I saw more of Telles than I should have. Keita is an ideal rather than a reality. Something we should just believe in.

I like his style, class on the ball. However, I don't think he'll bring much to this Liverpool side. They'll have 70% possession instead of 60, but it doesn't make it easier to score goals.

He would be worth much more to us than to Liverpool.

Thiago, who was running the game and was the best player in the first-half, I don't think that necessarily helped the front three," Barnes told talkSPORT.

With [Jordan] Henderson and Fabinho in midfield, they just get the ball forward and are much more direct for the three strong-running strikers to get on the ball and go on attack, Thiago slows the game down.

"When he slowed the game down in tight areas, that is not Mane's game, that is not Salah's game. So we're getting used to a new system, but at the moment it's not working.

Barnes blames Thiago for Liverpool's goal drought