The World Cup Final: France vs Croatia (Kickoff 16H00 BST)

I'm happy that the pen has been awarded because I am biased but I know it's way too harsh. I could understand giving it if the player was on the ground or running, that could still be considered as a unnatural hand movement (that doesn't even taken into account intent) but a player who is jumping ? Way too harsh IMHO but I don't give a feck :D

You don’t know the rules of football. Handball has to be deliberate.

That’s not how the rule is applied. If the hand is in an unnatural place or moving towards the ball then it’s a penalty. It was a clear penalty

Such a blatant fecking dive for the 1-0.

Pen is 50-50 at best. Frustrating game so far.

France still looking nervous and scared to play the difficult passes. Croatia pressing and fouling like crazy. I think the last 20 minutes or so the game will open up.

How are people arguing that was a pen :lol:

Not deliberate at all... Unless Perisic has the super powers of The Flash.

First goal after a wrongly given free kick, second after an incredibly harsh penalty decision. No way does France deserve to be in the in the lead. They've been terrible.

Croatia are a team of bullies. Not interested in playing football. Just gone out to kick and beat the shite out of France and big credit to them it's working beautifully. They shouldn't be behind. The free kick isn't a free kick. The penalty wasn't a penalty.
Croatia play some really good football

This game may be a bit above this ref's level. Two controversial decisions for France. Croatia deserve to be leading or at least tied.

Just keep playing the same game, don't know how much they can press though. A little bit of luck wouldn't hurt also.

First goal after a wrongly given free kick, second after an incredibly harsh penalty decision. No way does France deserve to be in the in the lead. They've been terrible.
You forgot that pogba from offside pushed mandzukic for og

Ah, got you. Yeah, I can see that pov. Imo he’s much worse in that regard when playing for us. Kroatia have been all over France though, not easy to control possession when you set up to only counter, and barely even that.

Imo Kanté has been the worst player so far. Doesn’t excuse Pogba, of course, he’s long since shown he is massively underperforming when you look at his talent.
Kanté has been shit, no doubt about that. He is weirdly scared today but at the same time everyone has a limit in terms of coolness.
His stupid foul led to the equalizer, like such a dumb foul it fecking annoys me

The penalty was harsh in my opinion but I guess the referee felt Perisic did that deliberately.

The issue with VAR for me is that there seems to be no uniformity among the referees on how it is interpreted.

Rojo for instance stretched out his arms(even wider than Perisic did) and handled the ball against Nigeria, Cuenyt Cakir said it wasn't a penalty.

There has to be some agreement on what is what so as to reduce complaints from teams impacted by these decisions.

Reactions: crappycraperson
You don’t know the rules of football. Handball has to be deliberate.
‘Deliberate’ is the problem. It’s cosbidered deliberate when the hands are in an unnatural position. The wording is fecking appalling - deliberate implies premeditation. Obviously perisic didn’t ‘deliberately’ handle it there, but his arm was deemed to be in a position that is unnatural and where it may alter the path of the ball.

Mandzukic is a handful in the air.

Perisic is also eating pavard alive. There’s a reason you’ve never heard of pavard snd Hernández. They aren’t exactly top players.
Yeh. France defence can make good run and passes, but they aren't that good on defending.

How do you know it was the wrong decision? You can't know what Perisic was thinking in his "human" brain.

All you can do is watch the replays. No different from what the ref did.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. trusting technology that runs rules and not your human instinct.

You can when you've got logic and experienced life as a human. Which human would move his hand that fast away from the ball. And if he got such superhuman brains, why would he do it? The danger was already over.

There wasn't even a yard between Matuidi and Perisic, and the ball came so fast no one in the world baring Barry Allen could have reacted in time to remove their hand from the path of the ball. That was not a pen at all. France has the lady luck smiling at them all through the tournament. Croatia has been by far the better team but well that's football.

By that logic you can never question any decision given using VAR.
Well yes, if quite a lot of referees agree on something, I think that either they're right, or it is an extremely close decision that you cannot call it a mistake. I don't even think that it was particularly close (and I actually want Croatia to win) but the fact that people are divided in this makes me believe that it was a close decision. When it is that close, it can go either way.

Kante is on the verge of winning in the space of 4 seasons two titles an FA Cup and the World Cup.

And he almost won a European Championship medal in 2016 too.

It's mental.

Can’t believe people are critising Pogba on here...

Really feel for Croatia. Never a pen or a free kick.

I'm not but if a player removes his jersey gets a card but calling them losers is ok

The yellow card for removing your shirt is a bonkers rule, a bit of trash talking which by the way goes on all game long shouldn’t ever be punished with a yellow card.

Croatia are a team of bullies. Not interested in playing football. Just gone out to kick and beat the shite out of France and big credit to them it's working beautifully. They shouldn't be behind. The free kick isn't a free kick. The penalty wasn't a penalty.

Yes, Modric hacking down Umtiti in the early moments was atrocious.

Eh? There was only one team wanting the ball so far.

France are poxy feckers aren't they? Not a free kick for the first goal and quite lucky on the penalty too. Initial reaction was that it was never a penalty. However one angle does make it look like his hand is moving toward the ball. Can see both sides but I understand why Croatia feel hard some by. Good game do far. Definitely has another goal in it, and I hope Croatia can come back and win!

France lucky as feck. Nothing performance from them but guess they'll take that.

Well yes, if quite a lot of referees agree on something, I think that either they're right, or it is an extremely close decision that you cannot call it a mistake. I don't even think that it was particularly close (and I actually want Croatia to win) but the fact that people are divided in this makes me believe that it was a close decision. When it is that close, it can go either way.

All the VAR team did was tell the ref there was something to look at because he'd clearly not seen it. He's got it totally wrong.

Looked like Perisic moved his arm to block the ball so it's a penalty for me. Croatia don't deserve to be behind they're playing well.