The World Cup Final: France vs Croatia (Kickoff 16H00 BST)

Terrible game so far. France doing literally nothing, still 2 goals. Hopefully Croatia will somehow win. They at least look like they try to play some proper football.

Really poor 1st half from France.
Hope Croatia get another goal in the 2nd half

How is that a penalty.

Hoddle was right about something for once. You give that and you will get so many penalties every game.

Matuidi's deflectrd the ball wickedly to Perisic's hand, no way he could dodge that, wrong call there with VAR and ting

If France end up winning this it will be the least deserving win in a World Cup I can remember. The first goal was a major ref mistake and they were beyond fortunate with the second. It's a team that's really hard to like.

Done well in the previous three rounds.

Croatia are the best side, dominated the whole half and are the losing side, facepalm really.

Dominating the midfield pretty much. Pogba ain't working harder and kante is getting dragged as a result.

Croatia are still in this. France aren’t coping with the ball coming into their box very well.

Where’s the head ref from? I’m assuming he isn’t American, as it hasn’t been pointed out 5000 times after he made a controversial call.

Does anyone here really think that Perisic DELIBERATELY hand balled? Even though he knows there is VAR?

France aren't attacking because they know if they do Giroud will just feck up any chance anyway.

So they're deciding to just win by fluke own goals and debateable penalties.

Genius tactics.

Croatia have made the easier route look hard.

You can't tell me Denmark, Russia and England is harder than Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium.

It's not France's fault they won all of them in 90 minutes.

You're going by names and who *should* be better, I'm going by actual games on this World Cup, and Croatia definitely had it harder.

Diving for a free and doing the L dance.

If I was Vrsaljko during pre-season at Atletico, Griezmann would be marked for death!

France centerbacks look rattled. They can't deal with Croatia's physical duels.

I thought penalty was the right decision.

Croatia unlucky, looked a better side, but need to be clinical with their chances.

France created literally next to nothing but are somehow in the lead.

I don’t think the referee was sure either when he gave that. Sucks to be him.

Dominating the midfield pretty much. Pogba ain't working harder and kante is getting dragged as a result.

Hopefully all those extra times don't affect their fitness coming second half. If they keep this energy and pressure they can equalize, just need to take care of the counters though. Pogba will throw lot's of long balls to Mbappe from now on.

Started the final wanting France to win due to Pogba but they were pretty dire and don't deserve the lead so go on Croatia!

Both arms go up as he jumps (understandable), left arm drops/knee goes up as the ball comes... not so understandable. Looked like he wanted to use knee and arm to create a barrier and I'd give it (but be pissed if it was against United) as would lots of others and most importantly, the ref.

Yeah. Seeing it again now, it’s clear as daylight that it’s a penalty. Would of course argue vehemently against it if it went against United, but being a neutral it seems ridiculous that people are arguing it’s not a pen.

Croatia are not of this, by a long shot. France don’t look up for it at all, and I think the nerves are getting to them. Croatia are much the stronger team mentally, and I expect them to win if they get the equaliser.

Did they? I wasn’t aware of that....

Fact is Croatia have beaten poor opposition (some might say England were just that but we were more than a match for them for half the game) on route to the final and are now playing the game of their life and are still losing to a French team who haven’t even got out of first gear.

Let it go man, stop being bitter, they're loosing to an own goal and a dodgy penalty.

You're going by names and who *should* be better, I'm going by actual games on this World Cup, and Croatia definitely had it harder.

No I'm going by who is better.

So because it took Croatia until extra time to beat England that makes England better than Belgium who lost in 90 minutes?

Come off it.

Croatia don't deserve to be behind today but they had the easier route to the final. That's just a fact.