The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

What the actual feck? I despise Piers Morgan but he's been spot on about things recently and this is just batshit from Rudy G. Priceless.

:lol: :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This is deeper than Trump, these are American values we are watching.
brutality against blacks is the original root purpose of American policing from 400 years ago. White privilege is also at the root of the American dream.

Becoming clear that Trump is reactivating both concepts right now. Maybe he wants civilians killing cops so he can order a military take over, and appoint himself dictator, thus avoiding the election.

Would make sense on how he has sneaked in so many national Guard and army into place, esp around all key sites nr Washington.

Anyone know what USA constitution say about a Presidential ordered military takeover? Is that even possible?

He and Modi are probably exchanging ideas as we speak. Maybe Putin too.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I hate the bloke, but this is not unexpected. The key to any economic recovery will be the construction industry. There is virtually no other industry which can assist so many parts of society, be it retail, hospitality, agricultural, mining etc.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Yeah, it got a few going on my Facebook feed but guessing the Caf sees through it a bit quicker than my acquaintances :)
Can you please not post stuff you know isn't legit on Facebook? We don't need to fuel the fake news fire.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

What the actual feck? I despise Piers Morgan but he's been spot on about things recently and this is just batshit from Rudy G. Priceless.

The market is so saturated with assholes that Piers decided the best schtick might be to act with common sense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Swears at him then is adamant he didn't swear. Bizarre.

Then rants at a guy worth millions, being paid millions fronting our biggest morning tv show that he's a failure.

Probably needed the start of the clip to understand what happened there.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Swears at him then is adamant he didn't swear. Bizarre.

Then rants at a guy worth millions, being paid millions fronting our biggest morning tv show that he's a failure.

Probably needed the start of the clip to understand what happened there.

Not sure if this is the full segment but the time of it sounds about right. It did sound like suck to me but have only heard it once.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure if this is the full segment but the time of it sounds about right. It did sound like suck to me but have only heard it once.

Someone in the comments on youtube agrees with you.
Though oddly i watched the 13min clip and missed it totally!

Reminds me of my boss thinking id sworn once when i said "if i can" quite quickly!

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Inappropriate Content
I've been thinking maybe Trump isn't senile after all for a while now, just stupid, then I read that transcript of his radio interview, and again I wonder if he's actually senile. Normal politicians who are prepped by their communication guys usually have a distinct way of not actually answering any questions they don't want to answer, pushing some rehearsed message instead. He's just rambling incoherently and can't seem to be able to finish a sentence without skipping to any random topic that pops up in his mind.

On a positive note I've noticed that there's a subtle critic of him spreading on the FB profiles of US Armed Forces personell with a reference to them swearing and oath to the constitution and not the president.

Last edited:

Precaution

He's gunna double down on this law & order thing, thinking it's the 60's and he's the reincarnation of Nixon.

Also his approval polling went from 43% to 41%

(Just the tear gas the Priest)

Mattis really irked him

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's gunna double down on this law & order thing, thinking it's the 60's and he's the reincarnation of Nixon.

Also his approval polling went from 43% to 41%

(Just the tear gas the Priest)

Mattis really irked him

Wasn't Kelly his Chief of Staff? Seems like someone you'd include in your circle.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's hardly ever met or didn't even know the best people he recruited into his administration despite them begging for jobs they were crap at, regardless of them being the best, to the point where they were fired and then resigned before resigning then being fired.

SteveJ

Scout
His threatening tweets always read as if they're written by someone who's impotent and is raging at the fact.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
brutality against blacks is the original root purpose of American policing from 400 years ago. White privilege is also at the root of the American dream.

Becoming clear that Trump is reactivating both concepts right now. Maybe he wants civilians killing cops so he can order a military take over, and appoint himself dictator, thus avoiding the election.

Would make sense on how he has sneaked in so many national Guard and army into place, esp around all key sites nr Washington.

Anyone know what USA constitution say about a Presidential ordered military takeover? Is that even possible?

He and Modi are probably exchanging ideas as we speak. Maybe Putin too.
What Trump has shown is that the checks and balances that are in place to stop a President from becoming too powerful no longer work.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
What Trump has shown is that the checks and balances that are in place to stop a President from becoming too powerful no longer work.
It's not the system.

What he's shown is that if 50% chooses a croocked administration there's nothing you can do about it. It shows the biggest flaw of democracy, what if the favorite is the bad guy?

There are countercheck, measures, etc. But if the one who does all that is trump's lackey then you'll have a classic case of nepotism collusion and corruption

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's not the system.

What he's shown is that if 50% chooses a croocked administration there's nothing you can do about it. It shows the biggest flaw of democracy, what if the favorite is the bad guy?
It is the system though - the electoral system in the USA is undemocratic and can allow somebody who didn't get the largest amount of votes in the country to still win. How is that democratic? You also have the flip side of it with what happened to Obama who was unable to get the majority of what he wanted through congress because the other side had control there - is that democratic? The system in America is terrible.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think one of the roots is the 2 party system, where talking trash about the other side is almost as effective as doing good work. Where people are forced to vote for Biden or Trump, just because the other side is not an option to them. Half of Trumps arguments are "But Obama/the emails" it's so easy for him to expect with attacks, because there is no credible third or fourth option to profit when the other two are getting stuck in the mud.

Last edited:

Maticmaker

My old man use to say "if the Governments for it, I'm against it"... I feel the same about Piers Morgan's spiel.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

:lol:

Rudy: "I remember how you fecked up"

Moments later: "What profanity did I use, liar" ?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Doubling down. I'm seeing it on FB this week. Case in point courtesy of a Georgia resident, Nichole C:

The page is suspicious in its only posting of political and media issues. I'm guessing another bot troll.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Doubling down. I'm seeing it on FB this week. Case in point courtesy of a Georgia resident, Nichole C:

The page is suspicious in its only posting of political and media issues. I'm guessing another bot troll.
This is quality TDS on her part.

decorativeed

Trump won’t care and Grassley knows it.

Grassley wants nothing to do with Trump’s picks as they will always end up reflecting badly on the GOP. This way Trump just continues unbound with his “acting” officials.
Is it just me or shouldn't the least you expect from your politicians - one of your most senior senator, in this case - is the ability to write a coherent sentence with punctuation? I know there are bigger issues here, but even this is indicative of a failing political system.

SteveJ

Scout
Trump said:
YOU DON’T BURN CHURCHES IN AMERICA!
Wikipedia said:
The 16th Street Baptist Church bombing was an act of white supremacist terrorism which occurred at the African-American 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, on Sunday, September 15, 1963. Four members of a local Ku Klux Klan chapter planted at least 15 sticks of dynamite attached to a timing device beneath the steps located on the east side of the church.

Four girls, aged from 11 to 14, were killed in the bombing.

MTF

It's not the system.

There are countercheck, measures, etc. But if the one who does all that is trump's lackey then you'll have a classic case of nepotism collusion and corruption
The counter to that was supposed to be the other branches, particularly Congress. But I do think that the Founders were also under no illusion that if you had enough bad actors then the whole thing could turn to shit. Hence Benjamin Franklin's line "a Republic, if you can keep it". Right now we have bad actors in the GOP Congress members that don't restrain the President (and Congress has been lacking in restraining the President for a few administrations now) and judges on the Supreme Court and other courts who can be highly partisan (although I'd say lower Federal courts still mixed, plenty of long-term judges who don't feel beholden to any party).

In Brazil we've had our democracy reestablished for some 30 years now, and we've at times slightly changed the rules for voting members of congress a bit. People are always dreaming of ways that we could make the rules that would make up a better Congress, but I'm really a non-believer. The voters' information and instincts are just to weak to get a good congress out of any sort of rules. Basically I don't think the rules can ensure a good outcome (although they can ensure a more or less representative outcome).

I think the "flaw" we found in the US these past few years is that enough of the population is wholly unconcerned with the norms of government so they're willing to support an authoritarian, and enough of the populations is wholly unconcerned with the norms of decorum so they're willing to support someone grotesque. We already knew that enough of the population was conservative and/or voted very very narrow interests (lower my taxes, no abortions, don't take my guns, etc), so we shouldn't be surprised that there are Republican presidencies or Republican congressional majorities at times. But while it is longer-term an existential threat to a healthy democracy to have potentially several authoritarian presidencies and majorities, it's also very hard to have a system design that keeps that threat in check if that is what the electorate wants.

Reactions: Grinner

MTF

His threatening tweets always read as if they're written by someone who's impotent and is raging at the fact.
I wish the stress would catch up to his old ass cardiovascular system like it does for so many others, but he seems unaffected. fecker.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The counter to that was supposed to be the other branches, particularly Congress. But I do think that the Founders were also under no illusion that if you had enough bad actors then the whole thing could turn to shit. Hence Benjamin Franklin's line "a Republic, if you can keep it". Right now we have bad actors in the GOP Congress members that don't restrain the President (and Congress has been lacking in restraining the President for a few administrations now) and judges on the Supreme Court and other courts who can be highly partisan (although I'd say lower Federal courts still mixed, plenty of long-term judges who don't feel beholden to any party).

In Brazil we've had our democracy reestablished for some 30 years now, and we've at times slightly changed the rules for voting members of congress a bit. People are always dreaming of ways that we could make the rules that would make up a better Congress, but I'm really a non-believer. The voters' information and instincts are just to weak to get a good congress out of any sort of rules. Basically I don't think the rules can ensure a good outcome (although they can ensure a more or less representative outcome).

I think the "flaw" we found in the US these past few years is that enough of the population is wholly unconcerned with the norms of government so they're willing to support an authoritarian, and enough of the populations is wholly unconcerned with the norms of decorum so they're willing to support someone grotesque. We already knew that enough of the population was conservative and/or voted very very narrow interests (lower my taxes, no abortions, don't take my guns, etc), so we shouldn't be surprised that there are Republican presidencies or Republican congressional majorities at times. But while it is longer-term an existential threat to a healthy democracy to have potentially several authoritarian presidencies and majorities, it's also very hard to have a system design that keeps that threat in check if that is what the electorate wants.
You explain it better than I do.

But yes, there's no 100% airtight system, you're only as good as your candidates

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The best people.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook#962572
New Trump Appointee to Foreign Aid Agency Has Denounced Liberal Democracy and “Our Homo-Empire”
Merritt Corrigan, USAID’s new deputy White House liaison, has condemned the “tyrannical LGBT agenda” and celebrated Hungary’s right-wing prime minister as “the shining champion of Western civilization.”

SteveJ

Scout
'Our homoerotic empire' would be more apt.

Last edited:

SteveJ

Scout
He's the tallest person I've ever seen suffer from small man syndrome.
I still can't get over what someone posted recently, mate: how he sends photos of his encircled hands to a journalist who criticised them for their small size. :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I wish the stress would catch up to his old ass cardiovascular system like it does for so many others, but he seems unaffected. fecker.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: 6ft 3in and a svelte, athletic 243lbs, he is probably the fittest and leanest president in history. He will live longer than Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.