The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it begins.

Twitler spoke to reporters but due to technical restrictions, no live broadcasting possible.

I love how deferential and trusting the media is, the moment the word war is whispered.

This will be a boost for him, at least in the short term.
Sadly, that's about to happen although if I'm not mistaken, many of his supporters didn't want to go to war in Syria; for them Hillary was the hawk.

Looking for positives, I do hope that more than bombing Syria, Twitler is reconsidering stopping or cutting financial aide for refugees in Syria's neighbor countries.

Sadly, that's about to happen although if I'm not mistaken, many of his supporters didn't want to go to war in Syria; for them Hillary was the hawk.

Yup, a fair bit of anger among the_donald and on Twitter. They were pushing all the hoax stuff and now Trump's went ahead against Assad they don't know what to think.

I fell asleep at around 5pm yesterday feeling rough as feck and woke up to this shit. I've been glued to the BBC for the last 45 mins or so, and now changed over to CNN and I can't believe what I am watching. The past 11 weeks (13 in his mind) may as well not happened, he's Is being fawned over by everyone for this. The Trump announcement a minute ago (ruined by a dodgy microphone and him speaking too closely too it) was disturbing as well.

Just when I was seriously believing this moron would be removed from office, and then this happens, we now have Donald Trump making serious decisions regarding bombing the Middle East.

Yup, a fair bit of anger among the_donald and on Twitter. They were pushing all the hoax stuff and now Trump's went ahead against Assad they don't know what to think.
This is Reddit, right? I can't bring myself to read stuff from there.

This is Reddit, right? I can't bring myself to read stuff from there.

If you're ever going to want to read it, it's now. The mental gymnastics is remarkable and there's some genuine dissent for once. Plenty of them hate the fact Trump's doing this because they saw him as the non-interventionist guy.

As an aside, the alt-right really, really fecking hate Kushner. The antisemitism doesn't stay hidden for too long.

Both worked at family/mom & pop shops. Never needed for any structures or accountability. They must be tearing their hairs out trying to figure out why all the need to be so open.
I get that but still don't get it. You would assume - well, at least I did - that at some point, it will sink in, a learning curve will kick off. I don't mean Twitler; he's too delusional. But the others, including Kushner. However, when I read that he had 'forgotten' to list the meetings, or when I read that he doesn't understand why CNN give air time to Twitler critics, I can only come to the conclusion that he's almost as deluded as his FIL.

I get that but still don't get it. You would assume - well, at least I did - that at some point, it will sink in, a learning curve will kick off. I don't mean Twitler; he's too delusional. But the others, including Kushner. However, when I read that he had 'forgotten' to list the meetings, or when I read that he doesn't understand why CNN give air time to Twitler critics, I can only come to the conclusion that he's almost as deluded as his FIL.

You got to assume that these guys are business people. It will be meetings that will have politics that will enable business.
So the politics of it is a small issue and an enabler rather than the objective.
Think about their prism - real estate. It's always clouded by politics to enable business.
Maybe boy wonder wanted to hide that objective?

Good series of tweets regarding Kushner's 'forgetfullness' by Mark Zaid who seems to be into this stuff:

2) I have represented hundreds of clearance cases and routinely see individuals who fail to report foreign contacts lose classified access

3) Not to mention lose their jobs over omissions such as this, especially when it involves hostile foreign government officials/spies

4) Section 20 of the SF-86 is quite clear on what it asks. No mistaking that #Kushner's foreign mtgs were REQUIRED to have been reported

5) Geez, some of the meetings had only been a month earlier!!! How in the world did anyone let Kushner submit his SF-86 w/o being complete?

6) "Jamie Gorelick, Mr. Kushner’s lawyer, said that the questionnaire was inadvertently submitted prematurely on Jan. 18." One word-pathetic

7) #Kushner's interim clearance, were he a "normal" person, would likely be suspended immediately when info like this comes to light

8) These weren't just foreign contacts, these were also intelligence officers he met with. This is exactly why this question is so important

9) No one gets to say "don't worry, I'll tell you later" in clearance forms like #Kushner apparently did.

10) When I teach students & lawyers about clearances, this is basic stuff. #Kushner and his handlers/attnys get a major F grade on this

11) Seriously, he could be subject to five years in prison and a $10k fine (not that the fine matters), if he intentionally withheld info

12) Clearances are about judgment. This is not the type of "mistake" that exudes confidence in #Kushner's judgment

13) I am sitting here dumbfounded that this happened. It is no laughing matter. This guy is supposed to create peace in Middle East?

End) That said, it is inexcusable that someone leaked this privacy protected information. There should be an investigation.

:drool: Mr. President, there's a lesson in this if you care to acknowledge it.

Kentucky coal museum switching to solar power

The museum, which memorializes Kentucky's history in coal mining, is modernizing with a new form of cheaper energy.

Communications director Brandon Robinson told CNN affiliate WYMT that the project "will help save at least eight to ten thousand dollars, off the energy costs on this building alone."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/06/u...17coal-museum-goes-solar-trnd0431AMStoryPhoto

Good series of tweets regarding Kushner's 'forgetfullness' by Mark Zaid who seems to be into this stuff:

2) I have represented hundreds of clearance cases and routinely see individuals who fail to report foreign contacts lose classified access

3) Not to mention lose their jobs over omissions such as this, especially when it involves hostile foreign government officials/spies

4) Section 20 of the SF-86 is quite clear on what it asks. No mistaking that #Kushner's foreign mtgs were REQUIRED to have been reported

5) Geez, some of the meetings had only been a month earlier!!! How in the world did anyone let Kushner submit his SF-86 w/o being complete?

6) "Jamie Gorelick, Mr. Kushner’s lawyer, said that the questionnaire was inadvertently submitted prematurely on Jan. 18." One word-pathetic

7) #Kushner's interim clearance, were he a "normal" person, would likely be suspended immediately when info like this comes to light

8) These weren't just foreign contacts, these were also intelligence officers he met with. This is exactly why this question is so important

9) No one gets to say "don't worry, I'll tell you later" in clearance forms like #Kushner apparently did.

10) When I teach students & lawyers about clearances, this is basic stuff. #Kushner and his handlers/attnys get a major F grade on this

11) Seriously, he could be subject to five years in prison and a $10k fine (not that the fine matters), if he intentionally withheld info

12) Clearances are about judgment. This is not the type of "mistake" that exudes confidence in #Kushner's judgment

13) I am sitting here dumbfounded that this happened. It is no laughing matter. This guy is supposed to create peace in Middle East?

End) That said, it is inexcusable that someone leaked this privacy protected information. There should be an investigation.

I'll have a tenner on nothing gets done about any of this even though it rightly should and Kushner gets to carry on pulling strings behind Trumps back.

It seems like not only is the always someone new in the Trump team that lied about Russia but also that each one seems to have done more and more with them.

And what happens?

feck all.

I'll have a tenner on nothing gets done about any of this even though it rightly should and Kushner gets to carry on pulling strings behind Trumps back.

It seems like not only is the always someone new in the Trump team that lied about Russia but also that each one seems to have done more and more with them.

And what happens?

feck all.

It seems more and more likely every single day that the USA is becoming like North Korea and the like, being controlled by a tin pot dictator and his family. You're right, I bet nothing comes of all this, especially now after the recent distractions.

It seems more and more likely every single day that the USA is becoming like North Korea and the like, being controlled by a tin pot dictator and his family. You're right, I bet nothing comes of all this, especially now after the recent distractions.

It's all a bit too perfect in timing. Russia noise is getting louder and louder and then this happens.

"I can't possibly be Vlad's bitch if I bomb his ally"

Tin foil hat is primed and ready.

When I read the headline this morning, I thought he's probably gone and started WWIII. Attacking infrastructure is probably the lightest option they could have chosen though I'd imagine? Regardless, this episode (and I mean it in the most televisual of senses) illustrates the temperament that many feared in this thread - how the hell has he flipped one of his core policies from North Pole to South Pole in just 48hrs?? He is terrifyingly fickle and it's just another incident that will have countries like China rubbing their hands in glee thinking about negotiating with him - they'll manipulate him and wipe the floor with him.

On another note, there's a video doing the rounds on Facebook of the chemical attack and a friend sent it to me - I actually vomited a bit after watching it but felt I had to, to know what had happened and the cruelty humans can inflict on each other. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick again. Chemical weapons are right up there with nuclear weapons on the incomprehensibly terrifying scale. If Russia is complicit in it, they've committed a crime against humanity too.

It's all a bit too perfect in timing. Russia noise is getting louder and louder and then this happens.

"I can't possibly be Vlad's bitch if I bomb his ally"

Tin foil hat is primed and ready.

More a case of Trump not being able to remove Russia's sanctions without implicating himself further but trying to help him in other ways, also a good way to steer people away from the supposed bromance. You're not the only one with a tin foil hat, it seems the theories are going out of control all over the place this morning. One thing though, Trump can try as much as he likes but he's not liked, and he has a responsibility to the world, the UN, NATO, and his citizens. He has to tread very carefully, because if he is trying to change the narrative he might just walk face first in to another even bigger one.

A woman whose I name I forgotten summarized on CNN what she heard about Twitler's motivation of this strike. It was something along those lines:
A blend of actually feeling that the chemical attack was cruel and couldn't go unresponded, the self-perception that he's a tough guy and not afraid to make tough decisions and wants to be perceived as such by others, and a warning to North Korea and Iran.

Too many to mention but some journos are doing a terrific job in digging into all those GOP folks like Cruz, Rubio, etc:
How they stated in 2013 they'd vote no if Obama were to come and ask for approval of an air strike in Syria or that it would be unlawful if he did itwithout approval - and how they flipped in their responses to air strikes.

Trump goes to war with Syria and Bannon goes to war with Kushner. The whole Trump administration is fecked. They are eating their own and it's not going to be pretty.

If there is one thing you can trust the far right (and indeed the far left) to do, it is start an argument with each other. This has always been the case with extremists and always will.

Bannon's neo nazism and Kushner's corporatism simply do not play well together, both want control.

Should turn the oval office into thunderdome, 2 shites enter, one shite leaves.

On the healthcare front:

:D

Have they not realised that the majority of their voters have finally cottoned onto the fact "Obamacare" benefits them. They've spent years and years moaning about it and as usual their supported blindly followed and believed them. Now the facts and consequences are out in the open they are no longer completely uneducated and can't be so easily duped.

They won't get anything like what they want passed without a big fight from their own voters.

Have they not realised that the majority of their voters have finally cottoned onto the fact "Obamacare" benefits them. They've spent years and years moaning about it and as usual their supported blindly followed and believed them. Now the facts and consequences are out in the open they are no longer completely uneducated and can't be so easily duped.

They won't get anything like what they want passed without a big fight from their own voters.
They've learned Obamacared

Do you remember the poll right after the election that about 30% of voters don't know that Obamacare is actually ACA? I remember having read Twitter threads in which deplorables bragged they don't need Obamacare because they have ACA, and that Obamacare is a disaster that must be repealed. :wenger:

I had anticipated that by now, this might have changed but immediately after the bill failed - on a Friday, I read about one Freedom Caucus guy's home base which celebrated his firm stance that weekend - and the mayor of that town said 'plenty of them are on ACA but still don't know that this is what Republicans branded as Obamacare'.

How can people be so lazy or stupid or both to not inform themselves about these very basics of life? I can't wrap my head around it, I simply can't.

If there is one thing you can trust the far right (and indeed the far left) to do, it is start an argument with each other. This has always been the case with extremists and always will.

Bannon's neo nazism and Kushner's corporatism simply do not play well together, both want control.

Should turn the oval office into thunderdome, 2 shites enter, one shite leaves.
Or, preferably, no one leaves.

Wow, after just over 70 days and he's already got rid of his Sec of Defence, now he's thinking of major changes. Yeah, sounds like an amazing person to work for and a thoroughly enjoyable working environment.

Are you talking about Flynn ? He was NSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.