The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, SDNY is hammering Plump today. Apparently his suit against the Manhattan DA has gone for Vance to continue the scope of his investigation.

Come on man, happy hardcore. It's the artistic pinnacle of Dutch civilization.
Sometimes I wish I could like posts. :D

I actually liked this stuff in the 90s, so it's still a nice memory for me. But I was also listening to punk and 80s wave and progressive rock. I probably have some musical multipersonality disorder.

Hmmm I thought it was Gabba Techno?

And clogs, tulips, cheese, weed, sex shops, windmills and Edwin Van Der Sar...
Gabber = hardcore house. Happy hardcore (like in that video), is the commercial variant, that was super popular in The Netherlands in the 90s. Gabber itself was also popular, but that wasn't as mainstream. They shared the same dresscode though (colour tracksuits, bald for guys, ponytail for girls), so that was a pretty common look back then. My wife grew up in Canada; it's just such a completely different world in the 90s. :lol: (She was also geographically much closer to Trump. This is totally on-topic.)

Sometimes I wish I could like posts. :D

I actually liked this stuff in the 90s, so it's still a nice memory for me. But I was also listening to punk and 80s wave and progressive rock. I probably have some musical multipersonality disorder.

Gabber = hardcore house. Happy hardcore (like in that video), is the commercial variant, that was super popular in The Netherlands in the 90s. Gabber itself was also popular, but that wasn't as mainstream. They shared the same dresscode though (colour tracksuits, bald for guys, ponytail for girls), so that was a pretty common look back then. My wife grew up in Canada; it's just such a completely different world in the 90s. :lol: (She was also geographically much closer to Trump. This is totally on-topic.)

I've been a DJ for over 30 years I know the definition. Gabber is actually techno hence the name Gabber Techno or Rotterdam Hardcore which comes from the main founders, Rotterdam Records. The UK spelling is Gabba but that's just semantics. There's an amazing selection of threads on electronic music and all its genres in the general forums. Well worth a look and there's hundreds of Caf mixes there from resident RedCaf DJ's.

Anyway back on topic.

About time!

I've read the Bannon indictment and seriously its such a hare brained scheme that I keep losing any shred of respect I have for a Harvard law degree.

Took $25M in donations from people, pledged to use all the money to build a private wall on the border, then routed the money through his non-profit to pay himself and three others, which went into property restorations, personal expenses and cosmetic surgery.

Apparently they realised they were under investigation and kept going by changing tactics.

This is awesome, he sounds well and truly fecked and its surely a political impossibility for Trump to pardon the crooks who stole money his supporters pledged to build that fecking wall

There are few things more I hate in this whole mess than the 'good people' who know they're doing wrong at Fox and in the WH, but don't do anything about it. One of those sources who works at Fox believes the network is undermining the United States democracy. But hey ho, rent is due Friday so I guess we gotta keep going.

That article, in essence, has no power. But if just half of his anonymous sources came forward together, and did a full media tour and release - on the record - they could start to fix this disaster.

Don't know what you guys are on about, Trump barely knows Bannon. Heard he's a good guy, wish him the best but never spoke to him.

I've read the Bannon indictment and seriously its such a hare brained scheme that I keep losing any shred of respect I have for a Harvard law degree.
I'm kinda happy he's an idiot like that. Bannon always worried me the most; too clever. But not that clever, apparently.

The Bannon thing is fecking poetic. And like all right wing political hacks, it's money that drives them.

Steve Bannon was arrested on a $35-million yacht owned by Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, according to the New York Times.

The Times reports:

Mr. Bannon was arrested early Thursday on a $35 million, 150-foot yacht that was off the coast of Westbrook, Conn., law enforcement officials said. Working with the Coast Guard, federal postal inspectors and special agents from Ms. Strauss’s office boarded the vessel, which belonged to the exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui, the officials said.
Bannon is soon expected in federal court to face fraud charges over allegations that he used money from his group “We Build the Wall” on personal expenses.

[Guardian]

Steve Bannon was arrested on a $35-million yacht owned by Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, according to the New York Times.

The Times reports:

Bannon is soon expected in federal court to face fraud charges over allegations that he used money from his group “We Build the Wall” on personal expenses.

[Guardian]

Oh what sweet irony.

The man who claims to have foreseen the wall street crash, the perils fall of globalisation and built himself up as someone having a grip on the plight of the white collar American gets arrested, embezzling money from white collar Americans to build a wall from foreigners he claims will come and take away their livelihood while on a Chinese billionaire's yacht.

Forgive my lack of knowledge on this situation but we've been hearing for a long time now that his finances must be handed over. Is this another case about it ?
I'm totally lost
It is a daisy chain of appeals through the courts that they can probably tie up until the election. Rich people’s lawyers and whatnot...

So Hannity has basically spent much of the Trump years in his basement studio, eating, vaping and shagging Ainsley Earhardt

Along with hate talk radio, this (Fox News) is the primary reason why the nation is so polarized today.

It's an interesting article, but I laughed at the part where a Fox News source claimed to be perplexed by how radicalized their audience has become and how they must now craft their content towards that audience. The source laments that balanced political discourse is no longer an option for Fox News.

I have no doubt that people have become more radicalized, but Fox News being a victim of this somehow is laughable. The network has facilitated and sponsored this radicalization for decades. For example, they had a role to play in the hyper militarization and patriotism post 9/11 that lead directly to the war in Iraq and they were a platform for Republican talking points throughout the debate on the war

Status
Not open for further replies.